KK:H Weekend Event - 12/29/17 - Ring in the New Year

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited December 2017
    HollySisk said:

I feel the same! I was mentally calling them “sad eyes” as soon as I tried them on Dixie. I feel like they went too heavy on the lower lashes. Is that the problem? Something is definitely “off” and gives off the sad impression.

I think you're right. The eyes look incredibly weird to me but cover up the lower lashes and they look fine. As is they look like our dolls tried that 100 layers makeup challenge with their mascara.

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    SORRY!!! Someone else mentioned it and I can't unsee it either :neutral:
    daffodil said:

SugarK said:

I won the eye makeup in my free box not sure if I like them or not they make my dolls eyes look sad!

I was thinking the same thing! Plus the blip on the brows bugs me :/ lol

I hadn't noticed the blip, now I can't unsee the blip.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I got the GB Hair!!!! And it was a short chase. Yay! Now I’m telling myself that Dixie doesn’t need that stunningly dress...

As for the new eyes, my first Impression was “sad eyes” but now that Dixie is dressed up I think they look like “angry eyes.”

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Congrats @HollySisk, Dixie looks gorgeous as always even with those eyes?
    I love that hairstyle, its very fifties classy.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
    LOL @HollySisk It definitely depends what hair and mouth you combine with it :)
    HollySisk said:

I got the GB Hair!!!! And it was a short chase. Yay! Now I’m telling myself that Dixie doesn’t need that stunningly dress...

As for the new eyes, my first Impression was “sad eyes” but now that Dixie is dressed up I think they look like “angry eyes.”

• LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    That's not how you're meant to hold a champagne glass either! It'll get warm if you don't hold it by the stem.

I've just used two full bars of energy to do two parties and I'm still not even at the free box. Party events are so unenjoyable.
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    edited December 2017

My free GB was the eye makeup, and then I opened two others. Really happy with both items. I should have stopped there but I then ran out of kstars trying to chase the dress...it's ok though. Don't think I will make it to the earnable hair this weekend due to social plans but I don't mind too much, with the GB items and the earnables I will get, I'm more than happy. I'm also hoping I will finally get the Times Square NYE background as I missed out on that the first time around (may or may not have partied too hard on NYE 2014 IRL and neglected the game ??)
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I went for the first gig and the ugliness of this NPC totally distracted me, seriously I don't know if he's a good guy or not, the only thing I could thought was how ugly he looks, then the game offers me to flirt with him:

Where's the third option ' I'd rather swim on elephant poop than date you!'. The worst part came after when Kim asked if I want his company or Bort's, like is this a real question, Kim?

I wonder how this storyline rolls to those who are single. Glu is the worst cupid ever!

Lisylis said:

That's not how you're meant to hold a champagne glass either! It'll get warm if you don't hold it by the stem.

Yeah show them how to do sis!

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    @Vats, your Liam looks different from the one in my game but then so is Bort. But you’re right Liam is ugly and full of himself. You’ll see for yoursellf in the next quest which is the Ring It In - NYE at Times Square.
    You think that’s bad. Wait till the Ring It In one. You’re right, don’t know what Glu is thinking with this one.
    iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    SugarK said:
    I won the eye makeup in my free box not sure if I like them or not they make my dolls eyes look sad!
    I was thinking the same thing! Plus the blip on the brows bugs me :/ lol
    Omg totally not feeling the brows! Looks like my doll needs a trip to the brow bar haha!! 
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts

I got energy in my free box but since I hate party events so much I decided to open another box to try to get at least one event item so I'd get a bonus already. And I got the dress! Pretty!
  • TjystsTjysts Registered Users 33 Posts
    I could not resist chasing after the items in the gift boxes!

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Tjysts said:

I could not resist chasing after the items in the gift boxes!

Congratulations, and Welcome to the Forum Tjysts. Nice to meet you.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    Got the hair in the free box

• Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    Are the point 500 for the event or is it higher? I sure hope not or I won’t be able to finish 
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
    @Silz1217 its 625 points if I remember correctly.
    iOS iPad 
  • JoulsieJoulsie Registered Users 80 Posts

I picked the boxes in the first two palettes, going for the dress and the eyes... Ugh. I had 40 kstars left and decided my boyfriend should pick the last one for me, and he got the eyes!!! I’m happy now haha. 
    iOS player
    Been playing on and off since 2014
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I was just about to say how much I liked the interactive scenery actions in the times square countdown to midnight task (e.g. watch fireworks, look for shooting stars) but I didn't realise they wouldn't be repeatable and I'd be stuck waiting for the same two actions (smile for cameras and shake hands with fans) to pop up over and over to finish the task.

Hahaha I looove how grumpy she looks with the eyes. She's like "I can't believe I'm standing outside in a New York winter. Happy m-f-ing new years."
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I love all of the earnables AND the GB items, with the exception of the champagne bottle, which is naturally the item I got *eyeroll* lol. I'm thankful, though. I really hope I can finish. Party events are always so hard for me. Congrats to everyone who got item(s) they wanted from their GBs!
    Daily iOS KKH player
    @LantsPance LANTS! Good to see you around :blush: I got the champagne too and it's kinda silly, probably never use it since the glass of champagne was an earnable, but i'm happy for the bonus points :p Wish you and yours a Happy New Year <3
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited December 2017
    you guys with your "sad eyes" remarks have had Enrique Inglesias stuck in my head all weekend lol

@HollySisk I am so glad you got the hair without too much of a chase! I wasn't as in love with the hair in the preview but once I won it, it was like, this isn't so shabby at all.

my Liam has green hair. I flirted with him in the first gig, but hey man, I can't flirt with you while my husband is standing right there!

and thank goodness for the extra time! i was out last night and today so I'm just about to get the champagne flute. luckily, I'll be in the next few days as we're getting some pretty cold weather and being advised to y'know, just stay home. time to netflix, stay warm, and tappa tappa tappa
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    edited December 2017
    The hair looks great on your doll @KaylaJ I’m glad it has grown on you.

Dixie and James are at Times Square. For some reason it’s packed as if it’s New Year’s Eve a day early. Weird. ;-) Dixie is going old school and using the first NYE hairstyle & so glamm eyes.

They were happy to run into @LindaVB and @Lyanna

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    @SugarK, hi! -hugs- I’m always here, just lurking mostly. I hope you are doing well, yourself. Happy New Years to you! ❤️❤️
    Daily iOS KKH player
    OMG, my internet is down due to storm damage & due to public holiday, internet company don’t know when it’s going to be back on. It’ll take them until the 2nd of January before they’re back in office. Its only the 31st December today! So frustrating?
    Meanwhile I’m sitting alone in McDonalds accessing their wifi. Looks like mid week event is a lost. ?its a throwback event asI don’t have much luck with those anyway.

Might not have a chance to pop in or play my game much. So taking this opportunity to wish you all a fantastic New Year?
    iOS iPad 
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Oh wow, I am so sorry this is happening to you @klena!
    Hope someone will fix it soon! Happy New Year! ?
    Maybe the midweek event will be SYS and you can make it somehow. 
    (Although I would prefer a professional event, no stress please!) 

Android
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited December 2017

@SugarK, hi! -hugs- I’m always here, just lurking mostly. I hope you are doing well, yourself. Happy New Years to you! ❤️❤️

lanrs! Happy New Year. Haven;t seen you in a while.......more talky less lurky. >:)
    klena said:

OMG, my internet is down due to storm damage & due to public holiday, internet company don’t know when it’s going to be back on. It’ll take them until the 2nd of January before they’re back in office. Its only the 31st December today! So frustrating?
    Meanwhile I’m sitting alone in McDonalds accessing their wifi. Looks like mid week event is a lost. ?its a throwback event asI don’t have much luck with those anyway.

Might not have a chance to pop in or play my game much. So taking this opportunity to wish you all a fantastic New Year?

No, you have to stay positive.just because it ‘might’ not be back till the 2nd, doesn’t;t mean it WON’T be back up sooner. let’s all think happy thoughts for anyone with trouble this weekend.

Happy New Years Eve. I opened Apple’s game, saw the Holiday gift box, and said ‘the booties are here’, tapped and they were. B) if she weren’t dressed for the party tonight, she’d be in her jammies and booties. I think tomorrow is probably our last Holiday Gift Box. Hope i’m Wrong, but it could be.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    Here are @Danizzle and @Adrie.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Missed the blazer in my box - only energy - so it's been slow going. After last year I'm saving that NYE mission for tonight and wishing that GLU would release a NYE backdrop for everyone not around during the first NYE celebration. I would stop at the champagne glasses but love the hair so I will do my best to catch it.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • AdrieAdrie Registered Users 249 Posts
    Danizzle said:
    Here are @Danizzle and @Adrie.
    You’re so cute ❣️
    •Player Since 2017
    •Married with the love of my life♡
    •HouseTime is AnyTime?
    •#HexagonianForLife
    Dixie decided to switch to last years New Years Eve hairstyle and was happy to run into more friends who were ready to celebrate. @Angeline & Jon @klena and Letizia Ortiz

@klena - I hope your internet is back soon!!! A few years ago My furnace went out the morning of New Years Eve so I know how difficult it is to get people to work on a holiday. “Fortunately” it ended up being a ruptured gas line so the utility company had to send emergency workers. They busted up my sidewalk and street but I DID have heat by that evening. So, fingers crossed! ??
    Holly
    I play on iOS