Transferring progress to new device (KKH)

anonymouse_girl1anonymouse_girl1 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts

Hi! I'm new on these forums so I don't quite know how it works, but anyways I have a question:
How do you transfer your progress to a new device in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood?
When my brother did it he just had to log into his Google account and he was back in his old game, but for me it just brings me back to Kustomization.
Would it ask me to choose 'new' or 'old' game if I log into Facebook? Or will it overwrite it?
I realllllyyy don't want to lose my progress in the game since I'm already an engaged B-lister.
Thanks in advance!

Answers

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi. and welcome. Do you still have your game available and current on your old device? Also, what is your platform? Are you playing on an Apple device iOS? or a different smart phone or tablet (ie Samsung etc) that's Android platform.
    or is it Amazon, or Facebook?

The actual instructions are listed up in the support section of the game and here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web
    but I'll wait to hear back before we go further.
    Take a deep breath.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • anonymouse_girl1anonymouse_girl1 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Yes it is still current but I cracked my screen so I can't go on it . It's android.
    edited April 2018
    Ok, the instructions for your transfer are here:
    https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web&s=transferring-your-game-to-a-new-device&f=transferring-from-one-android-device-to-another&l=en

Without having the ability to back up the other device, all you can do is try the transfer, do not customize. Shut down. Then uninstall the game, and reinstall it. If a little box pops up asking if you want to load old data, or the data you just loaded and shut down, carefully select the right data based on listed assets, cross your fingers and hope your game comes up. If it doesn’t, there is no more advice I have to offer. If you spent money in the StarShop or special purchases, contact in game support with copies of your receipts. Explain what happened, and they should be able to assist in restoring those purchases. Good luck. I’m moving this into our KK:H Game Forum. You posted in General Questions for the whole Glu Universe. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    The game is linked to your Google Play account, not Facebook so you don't have to worry about that. Follow the instructions Koko gave and if that still doesn't work, check out an app called Smart Switch. That is what I used to transfer my game data as Glu's instructions did not work for me.
    Smart switch will not work if the original device won’t turn on. That’s why I didn’t suggest it. ;(. Fingers crossed for you anonymouse Girl.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited April 2018
    Sorry, didn't read the part about the cracked screen. I think there may be software you can download to access your phone's contents? Maybe be worth looking into.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    @kokokokonut I went in for a new battery and they had to replace my whole phone. Before going in I'd made sure everything was backed up to the cloud so I wasn't too worried. But now I'm getting the Kustomize screen and I'm freaking out. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it on the phone and it's still taking me to that screen. Any other tips? Or is Everly gone forever?
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    edited May 2018
    I got it back! What worked for was erasing the new phone completely again, and then doing another restore from the saved file.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • msorre2msorre2 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited May 2018
    @kokokokonut Thanks for the information! :#
    iOS/Facebook
  • maybeitsellamaybeitsella Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Hi I’m having the same type of issue except I am on my account but it hasn’t updated it to my most recent progress that I did on another phone. Please could someone help me :))

just realised how long ago everybody else was on here
  • RobbieeDobbieeRobbieeDobbiee Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Can I use the connected facebook account I have on my bluestacks android emulator to my iphone?