🎉KK:H Weekend Event 8/31 - Party through Labor Day! (Extended Wknd)

Comments

• skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I want everything except for the braids. I’m in agreement with everyone else on the cultural appropriation issue. 
    And I’m obsessed with the OTK boots so much!
    I guess it’s time to say goodbye to some kstars this weekend! 

👋🏻
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    I love the kollection and the gb so I’m reeeeeeally hoping Tapjoy finally comes through with those kstars. I’m getting pretty annoyed tbh. It’s taken a month of emails to finally get them to say they finally credited me them aaaaand...still no stars. They owe me 200!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I think everyone can rock what they love, what they feel pretty in. That's all. Peace and love.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited August 2018
    what I'm trying to say, and read this in a warm and caring tone of voice,

Kim wears everything regardless of which culture it pays homage to. By her most altruistic endeavors of late, I think she is becoming a Global Ambassador, spreading good feeling and shining lights of what is wrong. And if she can put on the same braids I put on 20 years ago, then more power to her. Lets all share all the good of our histories. ;)
    I would hate if some one feels like they can't wear something because of the color of their dolls skin. (Bad enough we shamed people who like the ruffled shirts. lol) Now I'm really off the soap box.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • katalina_medusia123katalina_medusia123 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    KalindaKing said: it
    I'm here! And I want to tell you that it's a longer weekend event because of Labor Day. Weekend event will end on Monday and then we'll have a 3-day Weekday event.
    Is the skirt animated @KalindaKing ? I would really love to see some sparkles
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    The way I see cultural appropriation is that it would be it if I dressed as, lets say Japanese Geisha on Halloween, as it's degrading someone's culture to nothing but a costume. But if I wanna rock these braids, because I think they're awesome, I don't think I'm degrading anyone's culture or oppressing anybody. I think people are way too easily offended for everything nowadays. Maybe I'm taking the whole cultural appropriation thing too lightly, but I think that intentions are what really matters. If someone is taking something from another culture, because they love it, I don't see anything wrong with that. They don't intend to harm anybody. It would be another story if someone was doing so in a mocking way, I'd never support that.
    As Koko said, peace and love! <3 I'd add, freedom and open nonjudgmental mind <3
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
    I would never dress as another culture as a costume. At least not knowingly. And you and I agree completely. My first reaction was I thought I stepped into the middle of something. lol. then I scrolled back, and saw it was nothing. But then. I've already posted, so I try to right my canoe in the water.
    (Heh heh. My father taught me how to do that in the middle of a lake once. Said I should learn how if I'm ever upside down in a canoe on a lake. Ok, so, first you capsize it, then you right it. basically flipping the canoe around in the water. I learned it very well. so well I flipped that canoe over and over and over again dunking my father and me each time. I was like a hamster on a wheel. Finally I stopped, and my father never made me go out in the canoe on the lake again. heh heh ) And with that, I proudly proclaim, I'll be in my braids and Ruffled clam shell shirt before the end of the weekend.
    And remember, points are probably just a little higher for the prizes this weekend. It's not bad for the extra day, I promise.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    We're singing the same song @Zzzelena . You just have a better voice. Lol.
    (It's ok, I can't sing and I do it proudly. and loudly. )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    The black earnable dress is actually my favourite item. I don't mind a more casual dress. I would love to have a skirt like the bottom of the dress in game, it would make the perfect basic skirt. I like the boots too
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    @kokokokonut fanny packs are now also worn over the shoulder like Kim in the picture. It's a new trend, one which I do not like. 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    edited August 2018
    Oh. So, let me get this straight....They invented Fannypack’s to get bags out of our arms hands and shoulders and now we’re carrying the Fannypack’s over our shoulders. Looks like I’ve got a whole closet full of designer Fannypack’s. I love everything else, and we’ll see about the fannypack.. lol. Is it designer?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I like the earnables, but the item that I am obsessing about is the single hair from the Kollections:

It was the no 1 hairstyle my K&K doll used the wear before my game got reset, so I’m so happy my KKH doll has the posibility to get it!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Wait is the fannypack across the body thing only a european trend? EVERYBODY here wears it like that. I've never seen anyone under the age of 55 wear it around the waist.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited August 2018

Oh. So, let me get this straight....They invented Fannypack’s to get bags out of our arms hands and shoulders and now we’re carrying the Fannypack’s over our shoulders. Looks like I’ve got a whole closet full of designer Fannypack’s. I love everything else, and we’ll see about the fannypack.. lol. Is it designer?

I went down a google blackhole and apparently these are back in fashion. Wearing it across your front is ~fancy~ but I'm seeing pics of people wearing them unironically around the waist. Although they do make cute little tiny ones that are just big enough to hold your phone and cards. I just don't know. I don't think I could bring myself to wear one ever again lol.
    edited August 2018
    I’ll Be honest, I don’t see many here in NY. Worn anywhere. I think of them as hiking and outdoorsy things. But if Kim wears one, I’ll try it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • queeniequeenie Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Hi 😄 I was wondering what house is everyone’s favorite to do parties in? 
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    skevans said:
    Random, I know, but can someone tell me what the heck the third item on the top row is?!

My brain isn’t caffeinated enough to guess what it is!

It's a fur stole, here you go:

Android
    edited August 2018
    queenie said:

Bel-Air allows you to invite the most guests out of all our homes. The more guests you can invite, the more bonus points you'll get by tapping on their special actions.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    This will be my first party event since being back in the game. Does anyone know how much energy is needed for a 3 hour party at Bel Air? How about an 8 hour?
    iOS
    AliBryant said:

This will be my first party event since being back in the game. Does anyone know how much energy is needed for a 3 hour party at Bel Air? How about an 8 hour?

I'm not sure about the 8 hour party, but a 3 hour party takes almost a full energy bar for me and I'm maxed at 46.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Thank you @soundspretty ! That's a bit of a bummer as I am so used to the Bel Air reality gigs using 18. Womp womp.
    iOS
  • queeniequeenie Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Bel-Air allows you to invite the most guests out of all our homes. The more guests you can invite, the more bonus points you'll get by tapping on their special actions.
    Thank you! I always use Calabasas and never finish. I will definitely do Bel air this time! 
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    In Belgium its a fashion trend too, sadly... might indeed be an European thing?
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • AllegorieAllegorie Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    Wow. I have 2 things to say : 
    - first, I am totally going for the boots!
    - second, I had no idea the earnable accessory  is called “Fannypack”! Actually, my first name is Fanny (it’s french) so I am reaaaaally confused 😂 also, in French language we call this accessory “une banane” (= a banana) and I can’t explain why. OMG I am so confused right now! 😂
    ★ A+++ / Daily iOS player ★
        #BonusStarForParties
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    In my country fanny pack is called a kidney 😂😂
  • KatyaKatya Registered Users, Member 795 Posts
    Johana said:

In my country fanny pack is called a kidney 😂😂

In mine too sis
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    we used to have a hot pink fanny pack which I was embarrassed about. my mother was always like "you can wear it here or there and put your money in it" blah blah blah and all I could think of was how it made me look fat. we just got a new puppy and I have to carry treats around for her and our trainer has a fanny pack and I'm like "well, maybe one would be a good idea" lol I guess the moral is, never throw anything out cause it'll always be cool again one day and you could say you were retro
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I kinda love that the French call it a banana. 🍌 LOL. I’m old enough to remember the first time fannypacks were in style and they were kinda banana shaped.

In 1991, I spent the summer backpacking around Europe. I wore a fanny pack the entire time. It comes in quite handy. I was disappointed when they went out of style but I can’t imagine wearing one now.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    LindaVB said:

I like the earnables, but the item that I am obsessing about is the single hair from the Kollections:

It was the no 1 hairstyle my K&K doll used the wear before my game got reset, so I’m so happy my KKH doll has the posibility to get it!!!

Just looking at the image I think it looks strange but now that I know you love it, I am very intrigued!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • KathrineKapelliKathrineKapelli Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    We call them bum bags in the UK. It's less rude than fanny, which means... something else 😂 But they'll need a new name if they aren't worn over that area anymore 😆
    Daily Android player since January 2018.
    Add me as a friend here - I'll accept if I recognise you from these forums but PM me if I don't respond!