KK:H WeekDay Event - 9/17/18

Comments

• KathrineKapelliKathrineKapelli Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    I've loved the dual event! It's been so much fun that I don't even care that I mostly won kash and ugly shoes - at least it meant I completed a Shoe Addict achievement without having to buy any shoes! Anyway, I won all but one of my SYS rounds and this is my final Throwback box:

That's the fourth pair of shoes I've won this week... 
    I've been voting for looks that seems to have made an effort, with accessories and some thought about the effect of the overall outfit. I'm surprised at the number that have just thrown on a random dress with the basic shoes. I try not to penalise new players who don't have as many clothes to choose from, as long as their outfit looks good.
    And I agree with others - ballgowns are not New York Street Style (as far as I know...)
    Daily Android player since January 2018.
    Add me as a friend here - I'll accept if I recognise you from these forums but PM me if I don't respond!
  • BunhunBunhun Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    @HollySisk thanks for the tips and suggestions! I definitely haven't been submitting formalwear 😂 but maybe some looks that ppl consider too dressy. I'm going for more of a Bill Cunningham NYC street style... So some looks that would be suitable for work or events, but that I could imagine catching that "I'm in NY" vibe. Here's my manrepeller inspired, throw sneaks with a dress because you can ☺️

The makeup was a bit different, but mainly the same... Then my super mod fashion assistant look, which also had slightly different makeup but def black lips.. Rawrrrr 

A third look which I tried to go very safe on what would be considered NYC style won (black with oversized jacket) 👍

Anyone's feedback on the above totally welcome and thanks again for being so friendly to a newbie like me. I hope we get many more SYS weekday events, it helps the week go by so much faster! 
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Forgot to take a screenshot but i got Kash on my 2nd Black Box *sigh*
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    @AliBryant I'm so sorry this happened.  Check your pms.  And your paper trail is great.  The game probably hadn't triggered a save yet after your purchase and win.

(After I buy or win something....it might be foolish, but I do a facial change. Whether its my lips, or my skin tone, make up or eyes, I changed get the face a little.  I read in support a while ago, and I think it was for K&k, but it said a facial change often triggers a save. And be sure and play a little.  Walk around go in and out of places, you just don't want to shut down before your 'new stuff' gets saved to your data out of the device.)  Never shut down RIGHT after you buy or win something.  If anything happens, you won'the go through the this headache.)  In cases where the game shuts down before you can walk around, it's un planned of course, but if you got the chance to change your nose, chances are your current game saved.  Or not, but anything that might help is always a good thing.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited September 2018
    @Bunhun  Hi and welcome.  I'lll be honest, the hair of the 1st pic would probably be my reason for not voting for her.  I don'the see the yellow and lavender but  as a good match for the red and black dress.  I would have gone for a single color (not pink, lavender or either of the blue) & Probably not flats. 
    I would vote for the 2nd look, but if it needed a boost, I'don't go with a different bag, or match the shoes to the bag.  There is nothing that ties the bag to the dress/outfit. If the shoes were black, it would pull it together more. I wouldn't do red bag, red dress and red shoes tho.  
    Now, remember, there was nothing wrong with those two looks, but I have changed out of perfectly good looks if they weren't winning, and changed them up just for votes.  Good luck, and if you post what your doll is wearing after you submit the look, we'lll know to vote for her if we see her.   :)

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited September 2018
    I loved the idea of having two events at once, especially one of them being a SYS! I hope this won't be the last time we have this option, thank you Glu 💕
    I won a tile and kash maybe? but then a tb dress which I won't complain about, it's quite pretty. Working for my second tb box right now
    edited September 2018
    @Bunhun here is what I’d do. First,, I added the most basic black shoes (not knowing what you have)

Thee second kept your shoes. But just added Black sunnies to tie in with the bag. Not very different from your looks, just one change and only my opinion. The outfit pops more. Again, just my 7 o’clock in the morning opinion.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    I’m hoping for a rose gold hair colour!! Or maybe the neon that Kim has been wearing a lot ??
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • t_treet_tree Registered Users, Member 256 Posts
    edited September 2018
    In case anyone needs more inspiration for SYS looks...
    This look has been winning all the times I’ve submitted it. I think I’m on time #3 or #4.
    The looks below I submitted just once, but they all won.
    My first throwback box, I’ll pose with the dress later 😊 very happy with my choice

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    Hi @Bunhun ! I think your looks are good and bold! I would make minor tweaks like the first look I would put a choker and switch the earrings to red stone version of the same pair. The second look I would get rid of the necklace and the bag for a sleeker look. 

But in the end, SYS events are meant to show your PERSONAL style and most importantly, have fun! 
    IOS Player 
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    @Bunhun love your style! It’s deff NY because we dress to make ourselves feel good not to look like everyone else. No judgements in the concrete jungle, that’s why I love my NY ❤️
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I've been submitting looks that are all black clothes, shoes, and bag, with big sunglasses and winning. I've also changed my doll's hair to platinum blonde for this event since I think it looks cool with black.
    iOS
    I don’t think any look is wrong, except gown types. ( I have one on now, because win or lose I finish the event. Lol) I think voting is less, because to get there we need a vote button.’ create a look ‘ should switch to ‘Vote Now’ once our look has be en submitted.   
    ‘But good news for @Bunhun and anyone els$ on a losing streak....even if you lose every round, if you pretty much stick to ever 4 hours, even losing every round, you can finish and win.  You can’t sleep. Much, but you can finish.  Phew

i’m glad The 2nd 2 prizes are TBs.  even if you can’t finish, you’ve still gotten 1 TB.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Ughhhhhh. I've been sick since Sunday so have barely opened the game. I think I'm at around 200 points so will call it a day at the gold box. I did get k-stars in both my black boxes so I don't feel too horrible at missing out at a TB prize. Good luck everyone trying to finish whatever event is happening. I have no idea what's going on 😷
    Today is Yom Kippur, the most solemn of the Jewish Holidays.  To those who observe, on this day of atonement, habve a blessed day, and may you gave an easy fast. 

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited September 2018
    So far this has been my winning sys look. I love my new York street 😎 style oh yeah✌🏾

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• BunhunBunhun Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Thanks so much for all the tips and support! I really appreciate it and I'm definitely having a great time dressing up ❤️ anddd I can imagine these events probably only get *more* fun as your closet gets more full!! Can we have another K Stars event please?? 🙏🏻😂
    edited September 2018
    @soundspretty so sorry you’re I’ll.  Cold? Sore throat? Fever?  Whatever it is......tons of liquids. That helps flush toxins out.  Add a glas of water with a little red pepper and some lemon.  Drink it down, aand you will really flush them out.  

Feel better soon.  <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts

Boxes of the SYS
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
    Here are more boxes I've opened. My first SYS box was the hair! And I'm always happy to get k stars!

I also got 25 k stars but forgot to take a screen shot.

Here's my doll as a blonde for the week:

iOS
    Got a Gold Partnership on my Gold Box....
    On the bright side is that i completed the partnership and got 10 Kstars :3

• ArianaKKHArianaKKH Registered Users, Member 452 Posts
    I wasn’t really inspired when choosing the right box
    iOS player
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ari.kkh.184
  • MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    My gold and TB box. Pretty happy with these picks. Am very curious about this hair colour, hope it's something bright. There were a couple of girls in the restaurant we went for my sons birthday with awesome hair colours. One had bright blue fading into green and another had a really vivid purple. Hoping the colour is earnable, can't remember if that was in the hint, or I suspect it's gonna cost me a lot of stars.
    I play on iOS
  • KKHEmilyOfficialKKHEmilyOfficial Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Go update your game if you’re on iOS!
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    And here’s the third TB. I guess it’s true what they say. Third time is the charm! It’s a cute top! It’s one of my fave colors to wear during fall/winter ❤️
  • Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    My last two TB boxes😍 This event was so good!! 
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
    Fingers corssed i can get my Trowback Box tomorow and get something good <3
    I need your good vibes girls <3
  • Miley_Caren343Miley_Caren343 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Has the weekend thread opened alerady? Or still not? Really exited about this new upcoming weekend event of course I saw spoilers and predictions on Instagram that's why I'm really exited😍😘😃 😀
  • Miley_Caren343Miley_Caren343 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    I really like this new option...having 2 events at once is AMAZING!😘
    @Miley_Caren343
    I think the weekend thread opens on Thursdays. So far Kalinda gave us a spoiler that we will play for a new hair color!
    iOS