KK:H Weekend Event 10/12/18 - Kimtober Kontinues with Eye Makeup & More!

12345679Next

Comments

• RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    @skevans When things are not right/unfair, we should be able to talk about. That's not negativity. Otherwise we might as well just post in the "Praising the Glu gods.." thread anymore..
    Android
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    @Danizzle thanks :3
    Your baby boy is really adorable to and hopefully you can have your second baby really soon <3
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    There us a dedicated thread, read by Glu, solely for complaints and criticism WITHOUT REPROACH. I seriously do not see the problem with asking people to post their horrific experiences in the Complaint thread.   It is not unreasonable to ask posters to respect others who don't want to read past all th4 complaints to see they were wished a Happy Birthday.  Seriously, I get players criticizing me for explaining rules. I have 2 day newbies laughing at me for my honest feelings when I say (despite the fact out of 3 games I had no true Kollections) that glu is not trying to hurt us. They switched things TWICE due to player complaint and that proves my point. 
    I don't think it is unreasonable to ask that you post complaints in the complaint thread.  When players are uncomfortable, they don't post in the middle of the ire to say anything, they message me.  And I then ask to please use the designated complaint thread, and instead of complaining in (say it with me) the complaint thread, they now complain in the event thread that I asked them to use Hookah.
    No one is saying you can't complain, we are saying you should use the Complaint thread. 

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    I respectfully disagree....I get what you're saying, but how is it more important that someone be able to see an off-topic Happy Birthday wish in an event thread more relevant than people discussing the actual event for which the thread has been created? Yes it sucks that event threads have had a more negative tone as of late, but maybe that's because the game has made some extremely unpopular changes and paying customers are dissatisfied. The money grubbing by this company lately is getting out of hand. If people aren't happy with specific events why can't they talk about that in the event thread? I get that there is a complaints thread....if people have generalized complaints...people want to talk about the event in the event thread...and unfortunately events have not been that positive of an experience lately.  Maybe we just want Glu to take a hard look at why people are so mad lately and truly address that and not just slap a band aid on it. I respect you @kokokokonut...and you have always been helpful and awesome when I have had questions or problems...but I just don't agree with you on this one
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Calantha said:
    I respectfully disagree....I get what you're saying, but how is it more important that someone be able to see an off-topic Happy Birthday wish in an event thread more relevant than people discussing the actual event for which the thread has been created? Yes it sucks that event threads have had a more negative tone as of late, but maybe that's because the game has made some extremely unpopular changes and paying customers are dissatisfied. The money grubbing by this company lately is getting out of hand. If people aren't happy with specific events why can't they talk about that in the event thread? I get that there is a complaints thread....if people have generalized complaints...people want to talk about the event in the event thread...and unfortunately events have not been that positive of an experience lately.  Maybe we just want Glu to take a hard look at why people are so mad lately and truly address that and not just slap a band aid on it. I respect you @kokokokonut...and you have always been helpful and awesome when I have had questions or problems...but I just don't agree with you on this one
    Couldn't agree more, I just posted something similar in the Hookah thread! 
    edited October 2018
    There is a designated thread for complaints and it is well monitored. It was created nearly 4 years ago, because
    players wanted to relax and have a good time, share their good fortune, good news or whatever without the negativity. Likewise, people with the complaints didnt want others others consoling them, with a there there hand pat, they wanted to complain without a cheery cheerleader saying ‘your next pick will be great’ or even worse, ‘Cheer up it’s only a game. ‘
    So, the vent thread....a place to freely complain without anyone telling you not to was created.  Do I need to beg a employee of Glu to come in here and tell you they read the vent thread?  

Yes, everyone has a right to complain and be heard.  But players who just want to chat with their friends, escape the drudgery of Real Life, have rights too. A positive atmosphere is not too much to ask for, when there is a designated place for large scale repetitive complaints. We’re not talking about the ‘oh my gift boxes really stink ‘ kind of complaint we’re talking about the taking over entire thread’s.those kind of complaints.  Plus, I waited till the event was over before saying anything. I moved nothing, just sat back and let it run its course.  So I asked in advance to use the complaint thread for complaints, and now we complain about that.

Please use the vent thread when you want to complain like that. I would really appreciate it.
    Namaste 

https://youtu.be/_KClpLzFftU
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited October 2018
    There is a designated thread for complaints and it is well monitored. It was created nearly 4 years ago, because
    players wanted to relax and have a good time, share their good fortune, good news or whatever without the negativity. Likewise, people with the complaints didnt want others others consoling them, with a there there hand pat, they wanted to complain without a cheery cheerleader saying ‘your next pick will be great’ or even worse, ‘Cheer up it’s only a game. ‘
    So, the vent thread....a place to freely complain without anyone telling you not to was created.  Do I need to beg a employee of Glu to come in here and tell you they read the vent thread?  

Yes, everyone has a right to complain and be heard.  But players who just want to chat with their friends, escape the drudgery of Real Life, have rights too. A positive atmosphere is not too much to ask for, when there is a designated place for large scale repetitive complaints. We’re not talking about the ‘oh my gift boxes really stink ‘ kind of complaint we’re talking about the taking over entire thread’s.those kind of complaints.  Plus, I waited till the event was over before saying anything. I moved nothing, just sat back and let it run its course.  So I asked in advance to use the complaint thread for complaints, and now we complain about that.

Please use the vent thread when you want to complain like that. I would really appreciate it.
    Namaste 

https://youtu.be/_KClpLzFftU

I feel like you're not really hearing what people are saying, Calantha was very eloquent in her response to you. Considering how many people agree with her and the other people arguing the point, then maybe what you want out of an Event thread is not the same as what the majority of posters/players want.

If you can have saccharine birthday wishes nobody asked for and personal life sharing in Event threads then complaints should be allowed too, especially if they are on-topic. Otherwise make a clear separation between Event discussions and everything else. 

• SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    There's no birthday thread? Every forum I have been a member of has had a dedicated birthday thread. Maybe consider that, though really, people could just go through their mention notifications if they don't want to scroll through threads. Honestly, I don't get involved at all because I have birthday related trauma.

I think the entire conversation here is getting misconstrued. We are getting chastised for 'complaining' and 'venting', which honestly feel like condescending terms, when all we want to do is have natural reactions and feedback as to where the game could be better or fairer. 

Venting, to me, is going on a long frustrated tear, that's maybe sometimes not super rational. It's a lot different than pointing out issues or being disappointed. I think that should be fair game in event threads, including major issues like long term, major spenders being penalized. 

Now I will admit, I'm definitely the loudest, most problematic person here, so I'm just gonna take off, at least for awhile, but I think Glu is better served to let people talk freely and resolve their issues. The other game I play is excellent at letting people express their problems and fixing them. Glu just isn't. I'm sorry but it's true. 
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I just want to say, for what it's worth, that I was getting birthday wishes during the discussion of the weekend event and had no problem with the calm, reasoned feedback happening in the thread around this event's disappointing Halloween Kollections for the long-time players. 
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    No, please don't 'take off' @Savagekkh! You are not problematic, you speak an honest, clear language. I am always glad about your posts. If it wasn't for you , the wine probably still wouldn't be 'fixed'!
    Android
    I hope @Savagekkh decides to stay. I will say this briefly and quietly, at no time  did Glu try to silence any complaints. Nor did I. I moved nothing, I changed nothing. I asked if we could use the complaint thread next week, rather than fill Kim’s 5th Birthday Event with the the same complaint repeated and quoted. No one said don’t complain, I merely asked that a different thread be used if there is another big big issue.  I may be stupid about some things, but I don’t think anyone should leave because of this.  
    If I offended anyone I‘m sorry, I simply asked to use a different lane next week. 

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited October 2018
    Why do you think players complain the same thing week after week? If Glu or anyone works for Glu doesn’t want to hear the same repeated complaint, then fix the issue. These are legitimate critiques about the game, not venting. The reason we are still here posting is because we care about the game and want to see it become better. If we didn’t care, no one would be posting.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Please don't leave @Savagekkh ! I completely understand how you feel though... most of us are with you.

@kokokokonut You're not offending anyone, we just disagree with you. I wish you would at least acknowledge the points made by everyone rather than just repeating to move complaints elsewhere next week. 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Quick update about the weekend event: the team had a chance to check out what happened to the Halloween Kollection. Your palette was not supposed to change during the event. We identified what caused it and that shouldn't happen again!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Thanks for following up on that Kalinda! I do hope the team gives us another chance before Halloween to do the Kollection again. I was bummed that my palette changed to mostly accessories after the glitch. I ended up not chasing anything.

iOS
  • CandycornCandycorn Registered Users 91 Posts
    edited October 2018
    Quick update about the weekend event: the team had a chance to check out what happened to the Halloween Kollection. Your palette was not supposed to change during the event. We identified what caused it and that shouldn't happen again!
    Do we get any sort of compensation for this? I had the Alice in Wonderland (I think? not sure lol) dress in my palette and then it was changed to a bag, but I had to purchase it because I wanted the last bundle so bad. If it shouldn't have happened then surely there must be some way to swap the items or something? Maybe that's just wishful thinking ahaha

EDIT: Also to add on the discussion about complaints and what thread they go in, as a newer member of the forums I always come into the event thread if I'm experiencing a problem with the actual event to see if other people are having the same issue/feel the same as I do. It's easier to keep track of that way imo.
    I'm Thea on Android, add me on facebook
    Why can't we have a Halloween TB sale?
    Why does everything have to be in a Kollection?? Forcing me to buy a bunch of items I don't want, makes me not spend a kstar at all. Where is the logic in that?
    Android
    Is there a usual schedule for TB sales? There has not been one since I recovered my game in July. Is there usually a TB sale for Black Friday? I can't remember.
    iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Yes, there's usually a Black Friday Throwback Sale  :)
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Why can't we have a Halloween TB sale?
    Why does everything have to be in a Kollection?? Forcing me to buy a bunch of items I don't want, makes me not spend a kstar at all. Where is the logic in that?
    I completely agree!
    I did not spend even 1 Kstar on the Halloween Kollection because I was so offended that Glu felt I should be paying 30kstars and up for multiple 20kstars “prizes.”  I have purchased most of the Kollections and I really really wanted the new Halloween costume in the Kollection BUT I refused to support this version of a Halloween Kollection. Glu really pushed things too far this time. 
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 281 Posts
    I’d like to think they’d probably do that kstars substitute differently next time... I’d hope. But they should have at least made the kstars equal the average per box or higher so you’d at least even out & maybe end up with a little bonus if you completed the kollection (if they have to substitute with kstars instead of items). So if the whole thing was 415 kstars, each box should have been 52 or more kstars... or a version of that which puts you ahead in the end. For sure!!
    And I personally enjoy throwback sales more as well because I like picking where I’m spending my kstars more than the “gamble.”
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    TB sales are great if you're looking for a specific item that you really, really want. Otherwise I feel they're way overpriced. 200 k-stars for a hairstyle makes me balk. 

Kollections in general are not my favorite. I hate the filler prizes and think they should be eliminated altogether. Just give me items. Separate the bundles if you have to. I've started maybe 5 or 6 of them and with the exception of one I have gotten either kash or energy as my first pick. 

I do hope we get to do something related to our costumes. Maybe a Halloween SYS? 
    TB sales are great if you're looking for a specific item that you really, really want. Otherwise I feel they're way overpriced. 200 k-stars for a hairstyle makes me balk. 

Kollections in general are not my favorite. I hate the filler prizes and think they should be eliminated altogether. Just give me items. Separate the bundles if you have to. I've started maybe 5 or 6 of them and with the exception of one I have gotten either kash or energy as my first pick. 

I do hope we get to do something related to our costumes. Maybe a Halloween SYS? 
    Oh wow ok I assumed that TB sales every item was the same price (40 stars), don't know where I got that from! Oops.
    iOS