SYS - Haute Couture Theme Starts 1/7/19 !

Comments

• yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts
    edited January 2019

Can someone explain how this is the only outfit I've seen of this girl so far and yet she has 450 votes?
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @yezxSame here. A doll showed up out of nowhere on the top of my list a few hours ago and she had around 350 points. I just checked and she’s still wearing the same outfit but now she has almost 600 votes. 
    iOS
  • Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    Looks 4,5 and 6. I really liked the 1st look but other didn't😂 And I think that the 2nd look would be better with different hair. This event is sooo hard if you don't have the items for it🙈
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited January 2019
    All my attempts to stick to the theme have resulted in looks scoring in the 30s. It's gowns only from this point out.

It just sucks that there's no room for experimentation.
  • dotti_hdotti_h Registered Users, Member 614 Posts
    Lisylis said:
    All my attempts to stick to the theme have resulted in looks scoring in the 30s. It's gowns only from this point out.

It just sucks that there's no room for experimentation.
    Yepp, I can't afford to try out a dress that is a bit risky but still cool 😅
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    Why add more prizes, if it still stops at the tenth winner?

What's the logic here.... that you want it to stay an all out battle for the coveted top spots that now only have exclusive items since removing stars. Thus encouraging even more ticket buying.

Why can't more prizes mean actual more prize winners?
    Like now the new accessories increases the prizes to top 15... or le gasp top 20.

Edited to add: that's what I thought the whole more prizes spoiler meant, that more people would win things because that's the nice thing to do for all the effort put into the game, and money. And I'm super sure that trendsetter number 11 would love a necklace over kash and energy that they can get from voting.
    My thoughts exactly!! Well said. I was even posting earlier in this thread before the event started that I thought “more prizes” meant that those in lower ranks (ex. 15-30) would get an item instead of just kash. I thought it was going to be a really nice thing for dolls who don’t do as well (which is likely because they have less clothing anyway and I bet they would really appreciate it!) so that every doll gets at least one clothing prize.

But nope... just more prizes for the top.... Making the items even more exclusive which I assume the goal is for getting people to buy more tickets. Pretty disappointing. 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I've seen lots of good separates.  Black does seem to be the 'color' of choice for gowns, skirts.  I should win the purse after my next look. Sometimes if I leave off a piece, ie no purse my look does better.  That was advice I got from the forum dolls.  I'm trying to keep the look ckeaner, less busy.  And i'm doing a little better this time.  
    Moral of the post?   The Dolls here will not steer you wrong. 1 picture,  1 piece of advice helped improve my scores a little each look. TY dolls.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    This event is totally whack. My looks are scoring in the forties. But when I go voting the only looks I am seeing are super basic. Gown are definitely flopping.
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    alice_kkh said:
    @yezxSame here. A doll showed up out of nowhere on the top of my list a few hours ago and she had around 350 points. I just checked and she’s still wearing the same outfit but now she has almost 600 votes. 
    @alice_kkh She may have bought a bunch of tickets and submitted loads of looks in one go. The game will only show the last look she submitted, but she will have six 'live' looks getting points.

Does that make sense? Xx
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @melissakkh all I'm submitting are gowns and im getting 50, im so not following the theme, but my votes are fine, so Why change?
    @ellacharlotte it would make sense if it was just in one time. But she has been like this since the event started and her points keep going up, as a matter of fact, I could check my game now, she would probably have more votes but still be in the Same outfit
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Same here, i'm doing all gowns, all safe looks. Flopped being original. 
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I’m finding the event really glitchy this time. Sometimes I go in to SYS and the looks are blank and I have to swipe out of my game and go back in and it’s ok. I never had this problem with the other SYS events. 
    yezx said:
    @melissakkh all I'm submitting are gowns and im getting 50, im so not following the theme, but my votes are fine, so Why change?
    @ellacharlotte it would make sense if it was just in one time. But she has been like this since the event started and her points keep going up, as a matter of fact, I could check my game now, she would probably have more votes but still be in the Same outfit
    Oh, then I have no idea! 😂 though wouldn't surprise me if it were a glitch. SYS appears riddled with them. Last time I had a 15 point difference between SYS and Trendsetter.cost me 2nd place! Glu naturally told me they couldn't help...
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @EllaCharlotte It does 😊 thanks! that’s probably what happened in my case.

It still doesn’t explain @yezx ‘s situation tho, that’s weird af

iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @SugarK Sorry your game has glitches. I hate to say this, but maybe it's your internet connection?
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • BellaKKHBellaKKH Registered Users, Member 589 Posts
    None that I have voted for are dressing with the Couture theme...it’s more like a “Who Wore It Best?” type of event at this point
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    yezx said:
    Oh, then I have no idea! 😂 though wouldn't surprise me if it were a glitch. SYS appears riddled with them. Last time I had a 15 point difference between SYS and Trendsetter.cost me 2nd place! Glu naturally told me they couldn't help...
    Did you message me or Kalinda? If not, please do so and we'll look into your ranking from the last event.
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    edited January 2019
    My looks so far. Trying to stick on theme and using mostly detailed items and unique styling. Mostly silver and white. I just recently watched a documentary series on Netflix called 7 Days Out, where one episode focused on the 7 days leading up to the Chanel Haute Couture spring 2018 show. It was really interesting to see how it all comes together!

iOS
  • alycatalycat Registered Users, Member 264 Posts

My two highest vote getting outfits I was just grasping at straws and didn’t even like them! This event is hard to stick with the theme if you just don’t have the items!
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    Does everyone have a flash sale or only vip? Just curious if that’s what they are going to do now instead on the pre sale just having flash sale of Tb for vips! I have a few stuff 10 percent off 
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    edited January 2019

I thought for sure this jumpsuit would bomb yet it didn't. Unusually good luck with voting so far
    I gave up on trying to do something quirky and original for my last look as I was barely getting over 35 points for each one. So I was lazy and just threw on a gown I don't even like that much. And got one of my highest scores ever in a SYS. I just can't work out the voters! SMH.

Daily Android player
    A+++
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I gave up on trying to do something quirky and original for my last look as I was barely getting over 35 points for each one. So I was lazy and just threw on a gown I don't even like that much. And got one of my highest scores ever in a SYS. I just can't work out the voters! SMH.

Wow your score is so high doll @El@EllaCharlotte  Thanks for sharing~ 🙏 Imma try this one~! I'm hoping for the same result haha 😅
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @SugarK Sorry your game has glitches. I hate to say this, but maybe it's your internet connection?

You could be right @KalindaKing. I will try to pay attention to when it starts acting up. Earlier I was at work so that could have been the issue. 
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    edited January 2019
    My highest rated look, thus far.

The boots and the purse are mildly impressive but quite versatile. I'm more impressed by the totally hot male dolls in my game. Thank God that I can finally  play with Android players. 
    #ThisIsLiving, #PartyUpInMonaco

Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited January 2019

My worst and best looks so far, after six rounds. Sidenote that teal dress I think is beautiful but it NEVER does well in SYS so I need to learn my lesson 😂
    omg I totally relate, @charlottegold — I love to wear that teal gown and no one ever votes for it  :(

Can I get a hallelujah please? I finished a 194-k-star offer in NOVEMBER and just got paid for it after my ticket being ignored for months. I responded via “reward status” to TapJoy but then tried to follow up via email and kept getting useless auto-replies. I don’t want to sound dramatic, but as a free player, it was so stressful! I spent a month working on that offer and got so discouraged when my reward status was never updated. So glad it’s over now! Now the question is, should I try another big k-star offer, or just not risk it?

• DaisyrodriguezkkhDaisyrodriguezkkh Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I'm trying to style this cute purse but it really hard to style it 😀😃💙💜
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I love the idea, but even with Glu dropping the point total, I can't really risk it to flop by trying out some what I think would be cool Haute Couture looks which is a shame. I'm doing my best using outfits that are pretty well tailored and such, but I know I could be doing much more with accessories and hair.

Koakuma said:
    Looks so far 

Once again I'm not sure I get the theme
    This dress with different hair & accessories got me 51 points, thanks!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Sorry for the off topic, but I know we have players who have never purchased anything. If you do the vip trial does it remove the extra adds and stuff you get? 
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    This clutch is honestly to die for 😍 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh