šŸŽ† v9.10 Update - Welcome Almost Spring

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I didnā€™t buy that dress yet, But I appreciate both sides of the coin on the hem. Ā Tbh, I think it looks fine, fluid. Ā But if you are unhappy, thatā€™s what matters. Ā I had black pants on my doll when she tried on the dress, and it looks good. Ā 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    šŸ¦‹Purple Headed ā™Š+ šŸ„„ Chick Playing iOS & Android šŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    šŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    šŸ’œVats
    šŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I just talked to one of our clothing designers about the black pop-up shop dress. The dresses are designed to look good with heels and flat shoes, so sometimes that affects the length of dresses. As for only seeing one leg, that's just based on a popular style! Here are some real life examples:

#VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • judijudi Registered Users, Member 230 Posts
    I didn't notice that at first but i still like the dress anyway. I'm planning to buy it for the next vip event and wear it for any sysĀ 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    edited February 2019
    LMAO ok. There are dozens of dresses in the wardrobe with a proper hem that show only one leg AND look natural. No one is saying the dress isn't gorgeous.

iOS
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Another boring update :neutral: whyyyy glu, we had soo many good suggestions
    Player since day 1 šŸ¤© iOS šŸ‡³šŸ‡“

šŸ“¢ ā€¼ļø let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts
    I agree, but you should still see the toes, like this:

iOSĀ player since June 2018. DM to add.Ā 
    Link to the discord server:Ā https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again:Ā 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -Ā  20 daily videos forĀ everyone.Ā 
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    It is gorgeous, but the perspective is off. The back doesn't reach the floor like the front does.

I agree, the perspective is a bit off. I still like the dress, but it definitely looks better in the Photo Booth or with a pet that kinda covers the missing legĀ šŸ˜… I haven't even noticed it at first, becauseĀ I always have some pet with me, but yeah, for 140/280 stars it definitely should be more detailed.

• VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    Well shoot I was going to buy the black dress but now I may buy the purple one instead because of the way it looks on the bottom šŸ™ƒ

Itā€™s my favorite dress though out of the three so Iā€™m conflicted. I think it would look better even with the missing leg if it went all the way to the floor in the back behind the shoe.
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add meĀ here
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I just talked to one of our clothing designers about the black pop-up shop dress. The dresses are designed to look good with heels and flat shoes, so sometimes that affects the length of dresses. As for only seeing one leg, that's just based on a popular style! Here are some real life examples:

Ok but it still looks off with flat shoes!
    iOS playerĀ 
    level 69
  • judijudi Registered Users, Member 230 Posts
    I see now what everyone is talking about šŸ¤£ it does looks like the doll is missing one leg.Ā yezx said:
    I agree, but you should still see the toes, like this:

You are right, if it sows a little bit of the toes it would look dofferent because of de dress lengh.Ā 
    I think i would still buy the dress but i'll wait untill next vip event.
    It doesn't even need to show toes to make sense, as shown in the examples I posted above. By the way, if you try any of those dresses on with flats, it looks ridiculous, and the dresses are longer than the dolls legs or the feet stick out the sides of the dress! So, not buying any reason other than poor design here. Not to mention that players who would pair flats with any of these evening gowns are few and far between, if they exist at all.

Anyway, I don't expect it to be altered. I won't waste anymore breath on it!
    iOS
  • BasakBasak Registered Users, Member 1,215 Posts

Such a pretty dress šŸ„°
    Omg, how did you get those lips? Looks sooo gorgeous! šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•

šŸŒ¼

ā €ā €ā €ā €ā € ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €
    Daily player on iOS!Ā ā™”
    85 level also A+++
    Instagram gameplay account: basak_kkh
    If you want to be friends, you can add me here:Ā https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039524040997
  • alycatalycat Registered Users, Member 264 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I didnā€™t realize it was possible for people to get so worked up about a virtual piece of clothing. Give the designers a break, game design is not a simple thing and the majority of the items and graphics in this game are very well done. I studied graphic design and game design and I wouldnā€™t even sit and say I could do this better than the designers, and I highly doubt any of the people complaining could either. Seems thereā€™s always something for everyone to complain about in these forums. šŸ™„ itā€™s a game!
  • jaeannjaeann Registered Users, Member 502 Posts
    edited February 2019
    About the dress length: IMO the major thing that is different between this latest slit dress and the others we own are that it is very flared out (which I love!) but the back doesnā€™t touch the floor, which looks very awkward. Itā€™s a great design in general no doubt, but the back shouldnā€™t be so short, especially when that obviously wasnā€™t the idea as the front doesnā€™t show both shoes. Itā€™s not symmetrical.Ā 
    Edit: So I bought the mermaid dress ā¤ļø But I canā€™t help but look at this gorgeous dress someone designed almost perfect and think that it looks like someone doesnā€™t know how to properly launder and skippe dry cleaning and just threw the dress in a dryer. And now itā€™s a high water/ FLASH FLOOD dress in the back. No one walks the red carpet with their dress short af in the back AND holding up the front. So disappointing because everything else is WOW. šŸ˜”
    iOS platformĀ 
    PM for FB requests šŸ’ž
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited February 2019
    No one is saying they could've done a better jobĀ 
    for 140 stars I would've expected to be more detailed (considering those 3 dresses are by far the best items of this "update") also for someone that works hard to get those 140 stars to not be happy after buying it is disappointingĀ 
    there's a thousand things that could've been fixed/improved and someone decided to focus their attention on a non symmetrical dress
    you can bet anything I'm going to give feedback on it, especially it being 140 stars and, once it's in the wardrobe, a 280 K-stars dress even if we all knowĀ at the end it's not really going to make a difference Ā 

@Basak I believe they're in the wardrobe, on the lips category šŸ’—
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @KalindaKing can we please get a confirmation on how long the Korkov pop-up shop will be available? šŸ–¤ā¤ļø

The pop-up shop is open for about a month until the next update!

@KalindaKing Iā€™m confused. You said the pop-up shop will be open for a month until the next update, but the gig has a 24 hour timer on it. So does that mean the dresses will still be available to buy at half off even after the 24 hour timer expires?
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    SugarK said:
    @KalindaKing can we please get a confirmation on how long the Korkov pop-up shop will be available? šŸ–¤ā¤ļø

The pop-up shop is open for about a month until the next update!

@KalindaKing Iā€™m confused. You said the pop-up shop will be open for a month until the next update, but the gig has a 24 hour timer on it. So does that mean the dresses will still be available to buy at half off even after the 24 hour timer expires?
    I believe the 24 hour timer is just for you to get some kash and XP if you finish it šŸ’• the dresses will still be half off until the next update
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    @alycat
    I think some of us are upset because we (especially those of us who have been playing for years) have noticed a big drop in the quality of items. Even with the lower-quality items, though, there hasn't been a drop in the price of kstarsĀ or in the price of the items; so, we are essentially paying the same amount for lower quality.

We are finally getting a piece that we really like, but the dimensions of the dress make it, in my opinion, almost unwearableā€”and definitely not worth the high price tag. It sucks, because the idea for the dress is beautiful! But the too-short back and sides make it look really awkward when worn.Ā 

On another note, the mermaid dress is beautiful and I will happily pay for it. The sides are a little shorter, but it is less obvious and more natural looking.

If people like the differing lengths of the dress, then I am happy for you! I would never suggest that people shouldn't buy the items they like.
    ā™” iOS (level 64 A+++) ā™”
    ā™”Ā Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhĀ ā™”
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I was so not expecting the update today!! So happy. Mondays are my busiest day of the week and I havenā€™t checked the game or even my phone really since I woke up like 13 hours ago. And then I had to wait until I got home because my phone wouldnā€™t update the app until I was on WiFi.Ā 

Im so happy thereā€™s a pop up shop!!!! Itā€™s been so long. And the items are gorgeous. I bought the black dress IMMEDIATELY even though im now almost out of stars! Itā€™s so gorgeous. The closet items donā€™t wow me, though I do like the green boots and I like the hair on my doll more than I thought I would from the spoilers.

I see now now the complaints about the length. It is odd. I think it looks worse in different locations (ex. outside in Santa Monica I think it looks more normal than in downtown LA but it could just be what color/height the street in the background is) I also think it looks better in the photo booth. I do wish it would be fixed to be a little longer in the back (the leg doesnā€™t bother me at all, just the uneven length), but I still am absolutely obsessed with it & happy to own.

platform: iOS šŸ’žĀ message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
    @mikaylachimo you look stunning!!

also omg did you get this offer recently? I am dying for it

she/her
    add meĀ here
    @VampireBarbie no I just own this one! I havenā€™t seen any new offers pop up in so long ā˜¹ļø I actually bought all the current ones in rotation, and thereā€™s nothing being offered to me right now so it doesnā€™t look like they added any new ones this update.... Which is unfortunate because Iā€™m still dying for kimā€™s met gala look.Ā 

Also, no new storyline this update either??? I only got the call about the pop up shop.
    There are two new storylines: tale of crowns, and something with Rani.

OMG @VampireBarbie you had me all excited to check my game, I thought you meant that SMC was available.Ā 

Why Glu doesn't release more of them to the rotation is beyond me. They clearly have customers including myself waiting to shell out cash for it.
    iOS
    @mikaylachimo here are the two new quests:

iOS
    @AliBryant thanks!! I guess I did get that clubbing with rani one, I donā€™t know how I missed that call but I see it in my list now šŸ˜Š And I donā€™t get any of the tale of crowns ones yet, some storyline has been blocking me from it, so that makes sense.Ā 
    omg Iā€™m so sorry @AliBryant! Thatā€™s the SMC I want the most so I feel your pain. I hope they release more soon

@mikaylachimo I didnā€™t get any storyline calls either but my best guess is that Iā€™m behind so I have to finish a certain gig to trigger them. I havenā€™t gotten any of the Tale of Crowns ones yet and I think I have about 7 or 8 gigs on my list
    she/her
    add meĀ here
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    @VampireBarbie me either!! I havenā€™t gotten any of the take of crowns
    edited February 2019
    Ok wait I just checked again and I definitely donā€™t have the clubbing with rani one... now I feel like Iā€™m going crazy lol. I was right the first time, I didnā€™t get any callls.

@VampireBarbie I feel that, I currently have 7 tasks. Last week I got it down to only 1 and was so excited (even switched locations a couple times to make sure nobody called and I took screenshots bc I was so happy lol) and then later Maria called me to her office and gave me like 5 gigs in a row then I left and got another call or two from Simon šŸ˜‚ I still havenā€™t met skylar or unlocked all the businesses (specifically the sky restaurant) so I always just assume I have gigs holding me back! Iā€™ve never gotten a tale of crowns one either.
    @KKHLucy hopefully weā€™ll get them soon! I need to focus more on storyline than reality shows, oops

@mikaylachimo lol omg I would have been like really? All at once? Thanks Simon and Maria. There have been times Iā€™ve actually went to their office even though they didnā€™t call me and the yellow exclamation point is there and they give me gigs - super weird. I just double checked and I have 9 things on my list but one of them is to reach #1 so Iā€™m not counting that šŸ˜‚ that one is going to take me forever because I have friends on my list who have maxed out on fans and I still have two more comebacks after I finish the one Iā€™m currently doing šŸ˜…
    she/her
    add meĀ here
    edited February 2019

I would also like to say I love these items! The blonde hair is sooo cute even tho it reminds me of a couple we have, I still want this one! I love the blue outfit (yay for Versace inspired) and even though the white one I believe is from the Kendall and Kylie game I like it especially if itā€™s separates. Are those new eyes too? Maybe even new eyebrows? I canā€™t tell if itā€™s just editing of current ones we have or not lol but the lashes look so full!
    @VampireBarbie yes! It was like a couple hours after I took the screenshots. She called me there and I went and as soon as she finished talking there was another exclamation point and then repeat repeat repeat. & Iā€™m on comeback 2 right now but thankfully they never made ā€œreach #1ā€ a goal yet for me because Iā€™d hate to have it sit there in my tasks for so long!!! I have maxed out friends too and I wish that didnā€™t count, for comebacks you only need to be #1 of the NPCs and I wish it was the same for that achievement/trophy too!