šŸ—³ļøSYS - 6/23/19 Kimiversary Show Your Style Event!

Comments

• melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts

Getting there šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    LaLaLola said:
    Also Iā€™d just like to address the fact that EVERY sys ive ever done, Iā€™ve had to change my dolls skin tone to a lighter one because if I use my actual skin tone I get much MUCH lower votes than if I used a lighter skin tone. Honestly it just makes me really sad that thatā€™s the only way for me to get higher votes...and Iā€™ve tested this sooo many times and each time, my actual darker skin tone with the same clothes gets votes in like the low 30s and if I use a lighter skin tone and the same clothes I get votes in high 40s and 50s. Just wanted to address that honestly, itā€™s been bothering me for a while...
    I hear you, @LaLaLola šŸ™ Thereā€™s a lot of prejudice out there. I think talking about it is the first step towards change and Iā€™m glad you mentioned it. It sucks to have to change your skin color to get better scoresĀ 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @thelifeofRaeRae yes it is too new, I think from July 2018
    iOS
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    LaLaLola said:
    Also Iā€™d just like to address the fact that EVERY sys ive ever done, Iā€™ve had to change my dolls skin tone to a lighter one because if I use my actual skin tone I get much MUCH lower votes than if I used a lighter skin tone. Honestly it just makes me really sad that thatā€™s the only way for me to get higher votes...and Iā€™ve tested this sooo many times and each time, my actual darker skin tone with the same clothes gets votes in like the low 30s and if I use a lighter skin tone and the same clothes I get votes in high 40s and 50s. Just wanted to address that honestly, itā€™s been bothering me for a while...
    If that's true, it really sucks. Honest to God, I don't look at skin color when I vote. I really only look at the dress, and maybe the hair and handheld.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • vilmazavalavilmazavala Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    I am so happy that you give this great opportunity to buy the whole set for money and not for k-stars Many thanks
  • marinettemarinette Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    my first 4 looks
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    Does anyone know how much to cotton candy is in diamonds? Also, does anyone own it that is on iOS?Ā  o:)

Edit: Jk, I think it is too new. (?)
    It's from August 2018. And I don't think it's "new". I mean... Almost 1 year ago.Ā 
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    My best and worst so far!! Yesterday I was traveling and stressed so in the first two looks I totally forgot jewelry!! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚

• SamanaKKHSamanaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,133 Posts
    Looks 3 and 4! Iā€™m doing good but itā€™s only cause iā€™m not doing anything creative and submitting the same long gowns I do every sysĀ 

āœ§ iOS user āœ§
    Add me on Facebook here
    Ā Ā 

• MinterBalkiMinterBalki Registered Users, Member 232 Posts
    LaLaLola said:
    @LaLaLola I hear you. I really just noticed it on the Pretty In Pink SYS. I got way better scores when I gave my doll pale skin and blonde hair, even though she had on the exact same dress šŸ˜• It's just really up to the voters and what they think looks best.
    Android. Add me! https://m.facebook.com/minterbalki.kkh.3?_rdr
    A+++ Level 65
    #BoycottSYS
    Looks 3-5!

Disappointed with that 39, but I think I'm doing good so far!
    A+++ Level 65
    #BoycottSYS
    edited June 2019
    @KalindaKing I'm seeing lots of glitchy dyed items in the voting booth on Android:

iOS
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    LaLaLola said:
    I hear you, @LaLaLola.Ā 
  • Monica LMonica L Registered Users 696 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @AliBryant do those dresses always look that way? Iā€™m on iOS and they look completely different when dyed, but in a good way. Iā€™ll try to snap a pic.Ā 
    iOS DollĀ 

@Monica L no, only in the voting booth.Ā 
    iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Weā€™ve had these discussions in the past, about whether darker skinned dolls get less votes. It Always ends badly. always. Ā This is the Kimiversary, can we please not bring added drama to the forum.Ā 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    šŸ¦‹Purple Headed ā™Š+ šŸ„„ Chick Playing iOS & Android šŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    šŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    šŸ’œVats
    šŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • QueonnahQueonnah Registered Users 142 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Rikk said:
    LaLaLola said:
    I hear you, @LaLaLola šŸ™ Thereā€™s a lot of prejudice out there. I think talking about it is the first step towards change and Iā€™m glad you mentioned it. It sucks to have to change your skin color to get better scoresĀ 
    Nah thatā€™s just plain racism. Not voting for someone because of their skin tone is racist. It shouldnā€™t be that way. My doll is probably considered racially ambiguous but I do try to express myself regardless of knowing I might not get votes. @LaLaLola Donā€™t let the haters bring your down, honey!Ā 
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    My first 4 looks:

ā™” iOS (level 64 A+++) ā™”
    ā™”Ā Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhĀ ā™”
  • lafeedrageelafeedragee Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Queonnah said:
    Rikk said:
    LaLaLola said:
    Nah thatā€™s just plain racism. Not voting for someone because of their skin tone is racist. It shouldnā€™t be that way. My doll is probably considered racially ambiguous but I do try to express myself regardless of knowing I might not get votes. @LaLaLola Donā€™t let the haters bring your down, honey!Ā 
    I realized dark skinned dolls get less votes too, but I donā€™t think people not vote for them consciously just because they are dark, I think it because this thing we have been taught ā€œlighter the betterā€ which is obviously not true and people know that is not true, but those subconscious thoughts resurface when people are voting in literally like two seconds, you know in their reflexes, they donā€™t think, they just vote based on what they have been taught is more beautiful.
  • JaniceKKHJaniceKKH Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    Here are my first five looks. Been doing a lot better with my last scores!

On strike until they give everyone 20 videos per day
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Just putting this here for comparisonĀ 

This was iOS. Ā  My Android did the same look and got 50 something............
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    šŸ¦‹Purple Headed ā™Š+ šŸ„„ Chick Playing iOS & Android šŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    šŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    šŸ’œVats
    šŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Is the cupcake available to buy with diamonds? I don't have enough yet but if it is, that's what I'm buyingĀ 
    Android playerĀ 
    Christmas lover šŸŽ„
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • ValerieGrayValerieGray Registered Users, Member 685 Posts
    @LaLaLola tbh I've thought about doing that but I rarely see colored dolls while voting and don't want to give anybody the satisfaction of one less
    I play on Amazon kindle!
    @dpeters No, it was from October 2018 :(
    iOS
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @lafeedragee what you described is still racism. Also I refuse to be put in that ā€œweā€™ve been taughtā€ group, no matter how someone was raised, we should know better. And if people are voting the way you say then theyā€™re racist, plain and simple.
  • Monica LMonica L Registered Users 696 Posts
    @AliBryant some of the same dyed dresses are not appearing that way in the iOS voting booth.Ā 
    iOS DollĀ 

@liltiffs Yeah, I think it's a subconscious thing. No one is actively voting for the lighter dolls and actively voting against the darker skinned dolls. I think most voters take a second to glance over the options and vote without actually taking a good long look to decide. I often find myself voting for a darker skinned doll and then realizing I should have chosen the other doll because they were actually dressed better. It's just a matter of preference, and some voters automatically prefer the pale doll with long, blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm pretty sure no one is acting maliciously when voting.
    A+++ Level 65
    #BoycottSYS