Question Re: Babies

LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
edited July 2019 in KKH General Discussion
I’m sorry if this has already been answered ad nauseam; I did search for the topic and didn’t find this question anywhere. I just started playing like two weeks ago and only date my needy ass unemployed husband daily, so we’re like 10k points away from being able to have a baby, haha. 

But, since I’m a planner and working on the 5-year-plan for my doll, I figure it’s best to get the info now. When you choose to have a baby vs adopting, does your character actually get pregnant? Im asking as I was just thinking about how cute all the maternity clothes could be, but don’t think I’ve ever seen anything even closely resembling such attire.

So in that event, does “having” a baby just mean you provide your consent to motherhood and the kid is instantaneously  there? And if so, then what is the benefit of waiting for your 100th marriage anniversary prior to conceiving, vs just adopting one now that I kinda want one? (It’s either a kid or a dress; probably do a coin toss).

Anyway, thanks in advance for any answers. :) 
iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    You do not get pregnant. You instantly get the baby in the nursery. If you adopt, you get to choose the gender of the baby whereas if you have one with your spouse it's chosen at random. You also have to pay k-stars for the adoption, but when you have one with your spouse it's free (not considering the kash you'll need to spend on dates)
  • LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @soundspretty Thanks for both the response and detail, that’s kind of what I figured, but I was hoping maybe KKH put a little Sims action in there just for this particular life event. Because having a maternity SYS with dolls in various stages of pregnancy would be my favorite thing ever. 😂
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1