šŸ—³ļø SYS -8/29/19 - Theme: The 80's

Comments

• JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    i was first place by a considerable amount all SYS when someone who wasnā€™t even in the top 5 probably bought a ticket and took my place by 9 points

iOS platform
  • LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited August 2019
    So, Iā€™m not big on personal responsibility and thus blame the meh score on my dollā€™s resting B(ritney) face and her very awkward, unflattering wide stance, because otherwise she essentially looks like every 80s Rom-Com just threw up on her.

I demand a recount; I'll use a stand-in so these same concerns regarding Miss Bā€™s uncooperative performance donā€™t arise again.

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • ChloĆØ_KKHChloĆØ_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    Looks 5-6. I stole the second one from @samaaanthaaa, tysmĀ  šŸ’•

Android
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts

Looks 3 - 6. Paid 80 kstars for that hair so I'll keep wearing it lol
    Android playerĀ 
    Christmas lover šŸŽ„
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    dpeters said:

Looks 3 - 6. Paid 80 kstars for that hair so I'll keep wearing it lol
    Exactly this. I did NOT want to spend those stars on that ridiculous hair, but since I gave in and I know itā€™s the one thing voters universally interpret as ā€œ80s,ā€ Iā€™ll wear it for every single look this SYS and then never speak of it again.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited August 2019
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos Speaking of boyfriends and clowns, I canā€™t believe I forgot about this: when I was 13 or so and had my very first boyfriend, I actually dumped him when I found out his mother was a professional clown. I was legitimately too scared to go over there.

I sent him a break up text on my pink Nokia cell that had nothing other than SMS and Snake. Although I guess that time, I was the snake, what with my clown bigotry. šŸ˜•

And now, I sometimes still wonder what couldā€™ve been with whatever-his-name was that I thought Iā€™d marry. *Circus music slowly fades off into the distance.*Ā 

Edit: I literally only remembered that entire ā€relationshipā€ due to this having just occurred in the game:Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I actually somehow did really well on the first 3. I didn't know what to expect with this theme.Ā 
    Platform: Android

edited August 2019
    @JasmineKKH I seriously don't get why people are even buying tickets these last couple weeks; the outfits are NOT worth real money in the slightest!

The 1st place prizes for TS this week makes my doll look like sheā€™s in drag as an Elton John impersonator (and as an opening act for a comedian at a dive bar; not even talking main act here).Ā 

Last week was a white clearance aisle dress from Target along with a fly swatter, and the week prior was the worldā€™s ugliest dress (polka dots were cute but it seriously looked like it had coffee spilled all over it) and a picnic basket. (I think I got the weeks swapped; the looks ended up being identical during the two respective SYS events so I canā€™t recall which was first).

And I even got first place both weeks! I have worn the white dress exactly 0 times, and the coffee stained polka dots once (and that was during the SYS to win aforementioned white dress).Ā 

Like...I wouldnā€™t even pay money to have these particular items in real life, much less on my phone!
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited August 2019
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos

I just literally LOLed so much Listerine spurted out of one nostril. Burned pretty badly, but everything smells incredibly menthol-like now, which isnā€™t the worst thing in the world.

Edit: Also, if that were ever to happen, even now with my current SO with whom I just purchased a house, the seven-year-itch would become the seven-year-ditch before he had so much as time to make an apologetic balloon animal.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    edited August 2019
    Has anyone had any luck with an actual ā€œrock nā€™ rollā€ look such as the 80s was defined by?

Ā Iā€™m thinking about doing something like this, but am afraid the children voting will think Iā€™ve just hidden my actual outfit (i.e., a formal gown) somewhere into the depths of my huge hair, and thusly pick the doll whose gown isnā€™t so difficult to find:

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • Ryley1eRyley1e Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @PlantWitch and @luvs2gruuv I saw your post waaay to late, hope that I can see ur dolls if you submit the blue gown later!Ā 
  • CosimoKKHCosimoKKH Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    All I've seen really are gowns so kinda frustrating.
  • cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @CosimoKKH I actually disagree because I donā€™t know if itā€™s my sense of style in the game but I havenā€™t completed a sys the last 3 times and this sys now seems that gowns are the popular vote in this weeks so I personally am submitting gowns and it actually gets good scores so please donā€™t judge the dolls for submitting gowns and not to be mean or anything but if you had a girl account you would know the painšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
  • marir222marir222 Registered Users 356 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos itā€™s funny you used those gifs of sam because what was he getting attacked by... ??Ā clowns.Ā 
    also this gif represents me and my fear of sys events hahaĀ 

thatā€™s for amateurs
  • rissarissarissarissarissarissa Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    This is what my collage app forced me to make so please ignore the funky layout! Yall think I should use a different hair for the first one? I havenā€™t tried it yet and donā€™t know how itā€™ll do. Also not sure if the second one is too ā€œrockā€ for the voters even though i like it... any feedback?
    i dont know how to play. all i know is dye jacket, dye jacket in 3 more colors, and LIE
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Did someone say Supernatural? šŸ™ƒ
    I don't wanna talk about next season being the last
  • Msjagger68Msjagger68 Registered Users 289 Posts
    Iā€™m just doing 80ā€™s glam i.e. Dynasty, which means lots of gowns so thatā€™s that.Ā 

āœŠšŸ¾NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!āœŠšŸ¾
    BANS OFF OUR BODIES!!! šŸ‘šŸ¾šŸ‘šŸ¾
    šŸ‡µšŸ‡ø šŸ‡µšŸ‡ø šŸ‡µšŸ‡ø
    edited August 2019
    @rissarissarissa I just tried a rock look, and it didnā€™t go over too well. Of course, it could just be that I didnā€™t style it well (I'm somehow way in first on TS anyway and donā€™t care about any of the prizes sans the stars so Iā€™m admittedly not putting any effort into this anymore). But anyway, just wanted to give a heads up regardless! :)Ā 

iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts

4-7. I have a ticketbuyer so things are pretty chill here. Itā€™s been fun to try to fit in the theme but I have no idea what Iā€™m doing šŸ˜‚