šŸ—³ļø SYS -8/29/19 - Theme: The 80's

Comments

• LostInAnImageLostInAnImage Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited August 2019
    daffodil said:
    Dear '80s theme SYS

Can we please have this gif set pinned proactively to every single SYS thread henceforth? The intensity of the furor in the words coming out of Michael Scottā€™s clenched mouth is essentially analogous to our weekly commentary during these events.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • BasakBasak Registered Users, Member 1,215 Posts

Found this hair while voting and immediately bought it! šŸ˜ The only downside is, I spent my hardly-earned 25 diamonds. Anyways, this hair can be useful for the upcoming SYS events, I hope. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøā™„ļø

šŸŒ¼

ā €ā €ā €ā €ā € ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €
    Daily player on iOS!Ā ā™”
    85 level also A+++
    Instagram gameplay account: basak_kkh
    If you want to be friends, you can add me here:Ā https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039524040997
    edited August 2019
    Ā i discovered the barf bag dress and (actually really nice) hamburger purse look kinda cute together!
    I really hope youā€™re professionally in retail sales and advertising; thatā€™s the only thing that could make this comment better.
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • ssarahtoninssarahtonin Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Looks 5-8! Big hair donā€™t care.Ā 

@SisSnappedLikeThanos Nothing says ā€œglamourā€ quite like sleeping in the crevice of a futon with another grown man and approximately 20 feral cats.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • lilvivlilviv Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Does by anyone know where this hair is from and when it might be available to buy? Iā€™m on a mission to get all the kinky curly hairstyles. I love this one so much šŸ˜©

• cntarrcntarr Registered Users, Member 940 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @lilviv itā€™s this kollection!!!ā¤ļø Credit to @katiealexandraa
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos @cntarr
    Thank you guys!! šŸ’•
    edited August 2019
    @lilviv I love that gold and black dress on your doll! Iā€™ve seen a lot of dolls kinda fail at pulling it off, but it looks so great on yours!Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    Oh my god, like half this thread is just my comments but Iā€™ve never been so bored during an SYS event. There is nothing worth even glancing at in the voting booth, and Iā€™ve spent quite a bit of time there by now (unfortunately).Ā 

I need grad school to start back up before Glu banishes me for spamming. (Which Iā€™m NOT; this is blabbing, not spamming).Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • ScarletkkhScarletkkh Registered Users 830 Posts
    Im really having fun with this theme. At first when I saw it was 80's theme I was like urgšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø because I dont do well with ERA styling. I think the reason I love it so much is because of the bright colours I can use.

My recent looks. Look 4 was inspired by @webra and other dolls.Ā 
    I just love your looks @TrashleyKKH . The 4th look is my favorite. Im saving up my diamonds to buy that dress, just to dye it pinkšŸ˜
    @Scarletkkh Iā€™m not surprised; youā€™re killing it! Iā€™ve loved seeing your looks here; the event wouldā€™ve been so much more bearableā€”err, enjoyableā€”if everyone participating had gone that route (super colorful, cute, 100% on theme). You definitely deserve 1st so I hope thereā€™s no crazy ticket buyers in your TS group!Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @LostInAnImage thank you so muchšŸ„°šŸ™šŸ». So far no crazy ticket buyers and im leadingšŸ„³. I dont like the TS hair but I kind of like the jumpsuit, I think its the cute flower and the colour of the jumpsuit that makes me like itšŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ. I know not everyone likes the flower on the jumpsuit but I find it so cute. Ive been trying to vote but the looks im seeing there is just not on theme and im not sure how to vote on thatšŸ˜‚
    edited August 2019
    @Scarletkkh Every week, whenever Iā€™m voting and there are two dolls, neither of whom are even remotely on theme, I just X out and go back.

I donā€™t think either of the two people who threw on free bikinis or used a 200 kstar evening gown when itā€™s not thematically appropriate deserves a vote, and Iā€™d rather vote for someone who at least TRIED, no matter the outcome.

I also really donā€™t like when people obviously use their non-themed props blatantly as a way of getting votes to compensate for an otherwise ā€œmehā€ look. Sorry, but using the LGBT flag completely randomly because you know the voters, as a whole, are a demographic who is very concerned with equal rights (myself included), is clearly a manipulative tactic and just pathetic to exploit the cause for a vote.

Also, if you have a pile of leaves falling on you INDOORS INSIDE A CLOSET, I donā€™t care if youā€™re the popular vote; Iā€™m exiting out and going back to vote for non-lazy players who understand how nature works indoors vs outdoors. And anyone who disagrees with this conclusion is welcome to send me a live video of themselves standing indoors whilst having an array of leaves naturally scattering around their carpet. šŸ‘
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    edited August 2019
    The game ate one of my tickets. I signed in and it was sitting at 1 free ticket with no clock running. I submitted and now there is no ticket for my 2:25 submission that I came in before the deadline for.Ā 

I didnt want to come back here but your game is messed up and it ate a ticket. I'm not mistaken and I'm pissed. I didn't even want to enter this weekend, but now that I wasted my time and energy, I'm really not happy I got screwed over. Usually I have an extra ticket or 2 because I score very high, but this week has been mediocre and now I won't finish without all my tickets.

Keep your stupid clock running correctly.Ā 
    Lol I tend to do the exit thing as well @LostInAnImage , I feel like you when it comes to voting. Im seeing the LGBT outfit everytime there is a SYS, hair, dress, shoes and flag. Im just like damn girl im sure you can find something else to wear, and the worst of all is that most of the time its the popular pick.šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
    edited August 2019
    @Scarletkkh See, I wish the game didnā€™t actually show who the popular vote is. Because people are very suggestible to groupthink, and once theyā€™ve seen three or so dolls with a particular look thatā€™s received the popular vote, they are more likely to continue voting for the same looks as others than actually
    independently deciding between the two, as they do when they donā€™t know which one is considered the ā€œsuperiorā€ one by your peers.

Itā€™s just basic social psychology, but you can see it occur every week. Once one particular thing works for a doll and has positive feedback, then everyone both submits it andĀ continues to vote for it, no matter how many times itā€™s replicated.

Ā (As an example, when this event first started that was happening big time with the 50ā€™s polka dot dress, despite it being three decades off theme). Luckily that at least seems to have ceased. Well, either that or theyā€™re all locked currently and will re-emerge their reign of terror soon.Ā 
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @LostInAnImage Thank you, thatā€™s so sweet šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š
  • dingbat89dingbat89 Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    I'm too lazy to ss my looks but I've tried everything from fun and colourful, to gowns, to rock looks and nothings working. I think it's because I don't own the big 80s hair that everyone is using but I'm not wasting 80 flipping stars on that when I will never use it again after. Highest score is 44, lowest is 31 šŸ˜‚. And it's all for prizes that are a hot mess...

Savagekkh said:
    The game ate one of my tickets. I signed in and it was sitting at 1 free ticket with no clock running. I submitted and now there is no ticket for my 2:25 submission that I came in before the deadline for.Ā 

I didnt want to come back here but your game is messed up and it ate a ticket. I'm not mistaken and I'm pissed. I didn't even want to enter this weekend, but now that I wasted my time and energy, I'm really not happy I got screwed over. Usually I have an extra ticket or 2 because I score very high, but this week has been mediocre and now I won't finish without all my tickets.

Keep your stupid clock running correctly.Ā 
    Why would someone disagree with this? šŸ˜‚ Wtf is wrong with people? I think you'd know whether or not you lost a ticket more accurately than a stranger online!
    iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1
    @LostInAnImage I also dont like the popular pick thing. I wish there was something that can be done so people stay on theme.Ā 
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Yah tbh, I'm not bothered by disagrees. Probably someone being petty.Ā 

I entered competition at 8:25 PM Thursday, on the dot because I was super late. I have not missed any tickets. I entered my 8:25 last night and my 2:25 am one as well. I signed in at 2:15 this afternoon. There should have been 1 ticket from 8:25 am, with the clock counting down 10 minutes until my 2:25 PM ticket appeared. Instead, there was NO CLOCK. It said I had my 1 ticket from the morning.Ā 

The game should never be sitting at 1 ticket with no clock running. Never. I had a ticket stolen.Ā