Options

🗳️ SYS -10/3/19 - Theme: Amusement Park! (Surprise)

Comments

• Options
    Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    @Miyuri I'm really sorry to hear that. I really feel awful that that happened to your parents so soon after finally being secure enough to get another cat (one of my kittens passed suddenly late last year so i understand). It's such a sad thing to get through because it's out of your control.

Sometimes real life isn't going very smoothly and it would be a nice little pick me up to win in SYS, which is near impossible with last minute ticket buying. It's more understandable if its to get the final earnable, but it still sucks for the person who would've been first.
    I hope this week is kinder to you and your parents :heart:
  • Options
    AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    @Miyuri I'm so sorry for you cat and you parents... Losing a cat is always hard, however you lose him/her. I'm actually fighting with my building management because they don't want to allow me to secure my balcony... I live on the fourth floor and my cat is adventurous! I don't want her to fall! 
    I guess having your own home doesn't make it safer for our little friends...
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    No matter when the events begin, some group will be inconvenienced with either the start, the end, or the schedule of when tickets become available.   But with the 6 hour cushion makes it manageable for most players. 
      I'm sure that the switch from 11 am to 3 pm was done after careful calculation of all the possibilities.  Now, you would think that an 11 am start in NY would be perfect.  No way.  I remember having to get up in the middle of the night to do looks, so I wouldn't miss my ticket. If the event started at 11am, and was changed to 3pm, moving it back to 10 am. would be very close to the time it was changed from.  Was it better for you before the time changed?   And we'll be moving clocks in the states back an hour next month, that means the event will be an hour earlier for you.  maybe that will help?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ScarletkkhScarletkkh Registered Users 830 Posts
    In my Country we don't have such thing as moving the clock back. So I am not sure what that means, will the event end one hour earlier or one hour later? That is still an inconvience, cause either it will end at 2 AM or 4 AM!
  • Options
    KKH_MermaidKKH_Mermaid Registered Users, Member 115 Posts
    I've never done that to anyone else I've never used bought tickets to steal a 1st place spot from someone 
    I play on android 
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Rikk said:
    Sorry that happened to you @Scarletkkh. It sucks when you’re in first the whole time and someone sneaks in to pass you in the end ☹️ It happened to me when we had that SYS with the long braid hairstyle.

I hate having to stay up until 3am on a Sunday to make sure I get the prizes I earned, too! Glu please change it! So many players in Europe have complained about not being able to stay up until the event ends. And if we go to sleep instead, that first place often changes to second place or worse the next morning, and we lose our first-place prizes.
    If the event finished just 3 hours earlier it would be so much better! I’m in Ireland so the event finishes at 2am or 3am I can’t remember but too late for me! I got a root canal last week so my sleep has been disturbed the last few days! So I got to see the event end this week! But it finishes so late! 
    Have it end earlier and reduce the points or start the SYS earlier on a Thursday! 
  • Options
    jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    @Scarletkkh it’s called daylight savings time. It’s kind of a weird concept to explain but basically twice a year in the US we set the clock forward or backward. So during the fall we set the clock back- at 2:59 am it won’t switch to 3 am it will set back to 2am. So it feels like we get an extra hour of time. 
  • Options
    ScarletkkhScarletkkh Registered Users 830 Posts
    Thank you so much @jhabs for explaining, its so weird to me🙈😂
  • Options
    AllegorieAllegorie Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    No matter when the events begin, some group will be inconvenienced with either the start, the end, or the schedule of when tickets become available.   But with the 6 hour cushion makes it manageable for most players. 
      I'm sure that the switch from 11 am to 3 pm was done after careful calculation of all the possibilities.  Now, you would think that an 11 am start in NY would be perfect.  No way.  I remember having to get up in the middle of the night to do looks, so I wouldn't miss my ticket. If the event started at 11am, and was changed to 3pm, moving it back to 10 am. would be very close to the time it was changed from.  Was it better for you before the time changed?   And we'll be moving clocks in the states back an hour next month, that means the event will be an hour earlier for you.  maybe that will help?
    I don't know. I had to wake up at 3 am last night. It wouldn't change anything if it was 2 am or 4 am.
    There has to be a time that fits everyone's wishes. 
    ★ A+++ / Daily iOS player ★
        #BonusStarForParties
  • Options
    FranciscaFrancisca Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    @kokokokonut I understand that it will never be good for everyone, but it should be only good for the starting period and the end. Because people could start submitting looks a little later (in the possible 6 hour) and their timing with getting the tickets would still be good. 
    That one hour time change sadly wouldnt make a big difference because in Europe we too set them back or forward but the ending would be still past midnight:(
    But I know it is impossible for everyone to be happy with the timing, I just made a suggestion because I believe Glu has many non-American players who all miss out on the event endings. If there were a cap on the TS then it wouldnt matter though, because we wouldnt have to be afraid of getting kicked out last minute or not collecting prizes right away because we knew our fix position already when going to sleep.
    iOS 
  • Options
    This has been on my mind:

The existence of ticket buying for TS really screws everyone. I commented earlier saying that there should be a feature that if you've been in first for the majority of the SYS you should get the top prizes automatically. But, thinking about it that'll never happen because that doesn't allow for the ticket buyer duels. What i mean is, why would they distribute the prizes more widely, it removes the situation where the non ticket buyer who earned 1st can be snaked last minute and lose out on the prizes. And when you're snaked last minute you think, oh i'll show her, i'll buy tickets and get first like i deserve. I myself have been tempted in the past. Because if you got there fair and square why shouldn't you get the prizes? You genuinely deserve them.
    That makes usually non paying players buy tickets to keep what they earned, so they're losing by having to do something they didn't want to.
    The people who can't/refuse to buy tickets lose because there's nothing they can do.
    The ticket buyers end up paying far more than what these items are worth, and may end up with nothing anyway if there's a tb duel.
    The only winner is Glu, because they're selling the idea that you can get extremely exclusive items so why not pay a seemingly little amount so you can be one of a kind? (even though in reality everyone else in first gets them, and if its a fair group they get them for free)
  • Options
    pilirositolampilirositolam Registered Users, Member 1,063 Posts
    It would be amazing that everyone who’s able to finish the event gets both of the trendsetters prizes, imo. Since it’s so hard to get there nowadays, it would be a fair suggestion. (Someone else suggested that I just don’t remember who did 😬)
    I just created a fb account for my doll! Her in-game (iOS) name is Francesca. Add me: https://m.facebook.com/francesca.kkh.5?ref=bookmarks 🧚🏼‍♀️✨💞
  • Options
    Also from my memory the timings for SYS has always been unfavourable for Europe. I have to stay up until at least 2am to collect prizes, if not i could wake up later and have been bumped down lower because of last minute ticket buying. I can't imagine how people with jobs do it.
    I've been trying to start later in the 6 hour period so tickets dont interrupt sleep but in my experience starting later i always had a ticket buyer in my TS group.

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    This ice cream though 😋🍦

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    AmzaAmza Registered Users 108 Posts
    Submit your last ticket at least 10 min before the event ends that way you can still get votes for it and stay to claim your prize. 
  • Options
    luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,026 Posts
    oooh, @Carol Davida, that pink and yellow with that hair and the ice cream!   <3 🥰😍😜
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• Options
    nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    I don't remember who commented on this previously but I want to bring back the argument that Glu has nothing to gain from putting a cap on TS. Sure it makes some people angry enough to quit (or at least they say they're angry enough to quit) but most of the people who are driven to quit are not the cash cows. According to this article, only 5% of mobile game players make in-app purchases -- maybe 10% for KKH if we're being generous. Particularly here, we know that making any purchase will cause us to lose 15 k-star videos so many of us actively avoid making purchases. So non-paying players are requesting a change that would lose Glu a lot of revenue from regular ticket-buyers. Like it or not, those annoying basic bs stealing our TS prizes are also keeping the game alive. That $20 the top two dolls spend on fighting for first place is probably more money than the other 28 dolls combined will spend all month.  If it was possible to get every single item for free, players wouldn't be incentivized to pay money and that's just not a sustainable business model. 

So in conclusion, I can see Glu making changes like the start/end time of SYS to better accommodate european players, but ultimately it just doesn't make sense for them to cap TS. 
    Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • Options
    Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    I really wanted to say something but english is not my first language and I don't know how to put my thoughts in words. I'll try my best.

What is really frustrating with the new version of SYS is the amount of prizes you can win. I remember back in February where I restarted playing the game, there was at least 2 items (sometimes 3) guaranteed for the top 5. You could win a skirt, an accessory and a top even if you ended at the second place. 

Now it's just a huge war between dolls because you can only win one item if you're not the first one. Glu should change the prizes, instead of getting energy or dyes, give us some diamonds ? We should be able to win dyes in an other way in my opinion.
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    @Stefani_H I hadn’t noticed that! You’re right. And I would love diamonds to be available instead of energy for the top 10!
  • Options
    AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    Francisca said:
    If there were a cap on the TS then it wouldnt matter though, because we wouldnt have to be afraid of getting kicked out last minute or not collecting prizes right away because we knew our fix position already when going to sleep.
    @Francisca
    Yes, this is exactly what would solve it for European players! Because the time difference will always be bad for someone else...
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • Options
    Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    Rikk said:
    @Stefani_H I hadn’t noticed that! You’re right. And I would love diamonds to be available instead of energy for the top 10!
    We could win clothes instead of dyes before, then the diamonds system came out and you could win 3 diamonds if you were first (if I remember correctly). Then they just decided to replace diamonds with dyes.
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    @luvs2gruuv thanks girl. Yeah ik I'm looking like a snack lol 🍫😝

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I made a post earlier discussing how the shortened SYS events are actually lowering out chances of winning the items and it got swallowed whole by the forum @kokokokonut can you bring my post back plz lol

Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
  • Options
    Francisca said:
    If there were a cap on the TS then it wouldnt matter though, because we wouldnt have to be afraid of getting kicked out last minute or not collecting prizes right away because we knew our fix position already when going to sleep.
    @Francisca
    Yes, this is exactly what would solve it for European players! 
    How would that solve anything for European players? I was in first without tickets last time — even if there was a cap, I’d still have to stay up until 3am to collect my prizes because even if someone used 2 tickets, they could surpass me at the last minute if I was sleeping at that time. We need the time moved back! There have been tons of complaints from users from our time zone...
  • Options
    ElleOhElleElleOhElle Registered Users, Member 436 Posts
    Me looking at everyone who was able to earn the cute colourful ice cream cone 

iOS player
    PM me if you would like to add me
  • Options
    IsabellaaIsabellaa Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    The timing of sys is very difficult to me also! The event ends at 4AM on Monday. My school starts at 8AM so it is not possible for me to stay up until 4AM and collect the prizes right after the event ends. If the sys events could start even like 3 hours earlier, it would be so much nicer and easier! 
  • Options
    Agreed @Isabellaa! I hope Glu changes it
  • Options
    pinkrainbowpinkrainbow Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    PSA: Do NOT submit tickets within the last few minutes of the event. Your looks might not get any votes, but the tickets will still be removed from your game. There was NO in-game warning about this, so I'm kinda pissed. ✌🏻
    Yaaaa this is what happened to me. So there’s no hope on getting that ticket back, eh?
  • Options
    ellyelephantellyelephant Registered Users, Member 442 Posts
    Living in Canada, the SYS timing works perfectly for me. I start at 3pm on Thursday and finish at 9pm on Sunday. 
    However, I can’t imagine feeling the extra pressure of waking up at 3am to claim my prizes before the rankings change. That sounds stressful AF.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.