🗳️ SYS -10/24/19 - Theme: Award Show Host 🏆

1151617181921Next

Comments

• KKH_JennyKKH_Jenny Registered Users, Member 239 Posts
    also sorry if something is explained in a way that sounds impolite at all, I’m ESL and mess up with connotation a lot.
  • Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    @KKH_Jenny if you're not already in the motivational speaking field, you should consider it lol! You've inspired me, and next SYS i'm gonna give it my all :blush:
    @Maree_kkh That’s super sweet but when I get in front of an audience of more than, like, three people, this is me:

😂 But yes! I’m so rooting for you next weekend, and this time my doll will be right alongside trying her very best to emulate the beauty of yours. 😊
    edited October 2019
    @Maree_kkh @Rikk

thought y’all might find this interesting; it’s a Harvard research study regarding the degree of implicit bias we possess regarding race (and sexual orientation, IIRC). It’s free to take and very interesting:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

edit: Sorry, this was before getting a PM letting me know we aren’t allowed to discuss race on this forum. Good thing Kim’s husband has never discussed that topic, I guess (except for in every Grammy winning record and song). lol. Ridiculous. That’s the reason this absurd level of extant racism in the US is even able to be so systemic and ubiquitous; people refuse to acknowledge it. 
  • Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    @Rikk I just saw your experiment, verrrrry interesting and I’m really glad you’ve already done it. I’ve been afraid to do it myself and lose points. The makeup not being adjusted for deeper skin tones is something that’s annoyed me in the past. I can only hope that in future the makeup is adjusted for all of the skin tones available.

I have to say to both you and @KKH_Jenny (which that gif really made me laugh btw and no worries about the connotations, your English was perfect) it’s lovely to see this approached so nicely. I know the forum can have its.. difficult moments 😂 but it’s great to see this level of support.

Have a great week guys!💓
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    So I missed a ticket Sat night because I was drunk as promised. I somehow still managed to finish SYS even though I didn't feel like I was scoring worth a crap. Surprisingly some of my best looks were ones I submitted completely hung over. I had basic shoes in one and scored 56. Go figure

For TS, I finished 8th place. I did have a ticket buyer in first because she jumped way ahead of everyone else in the beginning but the rest of the list was great, but none of us were great scorers lol. I think it was Sat morning or afternoon I submitted a look and got up to 3rd place I don't know how. But losing out on a ticket screwed me. 

I'm so nervous for next week. I'm so tired of losing and missing out on the complete angel costume will be a blow. It's sad that I'm already bummed about something that hasn't happened yet.
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    KKH_Jenny said:
    @Maree_kkh @Rikk

thought y’all might find this interesting; it’s a Harvard research study regarding the degree of implicit bias we possess regarding race (and sexual orientation, IIRC). It’s free to take and very interesting:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

edit: Sorry, this was before getting a PM letting me know we aren’t allowed to discuss race on this forum. Good thing Kim’s husband has never discussed that topic, I guess (except for in every Grammy winning record and song). lol. Ridiculous. That’s the reason this absurd level of extant racism in the US is even able to be so systemic and ubiquitous; people refuse to acknowledge it. 
    Thanks for sending that to me!
  • kkhlukekkhluke Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    @RikkI'd love to. I love some of your dolls hairs. I'm not risky enough to stray from my skin fade lol, but here are some of my favourite looks from this weekend:
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Oh wowww @kkhlukelove that eggplant-colored suit on your doll! The glasses look great on him!
  • kkhlukekkhluke Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    @Rikk thanks so much, it's definitely one of my go to's for formal wear, lol 
  • CryingKimCryingKim Registered Users, Member 466 Posts
    @kkhluke your doll look fine af🔥

🌺 your Filipina girl│ign: Gazini iOS daily player since 2015│let's be friends~! 🌺

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @kkhluke my gosh your doll is just so handsome 😍🙈
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

So I missed a ticket Sat night because I was drunk as promised.
    Having a stressful week, had to thank you for literally making me LOL first thing in the AM with this comment. 
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    @charlottegold yes—that was me!! <3 
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Two things I love about Tuesday, a new episode of Mayans MC airs on FX tonight,  and it being just one day till the new SYS thread.  ;)  Happy Halloween Thursday Dollies. 

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts
    Two things I love about Tuesday, a new episode of Mayans MC airs on FX tonight,  and it being just one day till the new SYS thread.  ;)  Happy Halloween Thursday Dollies. 

I love Mayans MC! I missed the last episode (World Series was on) so I need to catch up 🏍 
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I knew from the 1st season that Miquel .....oh, nvmd.  I'll wait for you to catch up.  I knew there was a reason I loved you @beachespeaches:)  Did you watch Sons of Anarchy?  Can you believe I missed the whole thing?  I'm going to have to find the series on bluray or something.   Hey, see what I have?

Now the pie is symbolic.  It represents us calling all of the Aprons, and Pies, and hairstyles and things we hope for into  the vote booth of the next SYS.  Otherwise, just a fun pie filled kountdown to the black Friday event. :smile: 

Oh and I hate that Mayans changed the into music and scene of the opening.  I miss that little animal scampering acoss the road. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    @kokokokonut loooove Mayans! Me and my mom watched Sons together and now we watch this! A nice little wine, snack, and motorcycle violence. Love Tuesday’s lol 
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @kokokokonut I did watch sons of anarchy. The guy who plays EZ (who I think is gorgeous 😍) was in a show I liked in high school called east los high and when I found out he was going to be in a show called Mayans MC I knew I had to check it out. I then found out it was a spinoff of SOA so I binged that about a month before Mayans premiered. I love both! Sons of anarchy is on Hulu! And I hate that they changed the opening too, it was better before. 
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
  • Eden_xoEden_xo Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    @KKH_Jenny I totally agree with you with regards to the Eurocentrism. I’ve been wondering if Glu uses bots to vote in the voting booth. It makes sense that they would. If they do, there is something seriously wrong and disgusting with their programming, because it would then clearly be programmed to vote for lighter features over darker ones. 

We’ll probably never know, because transparency is not something Glu values. 
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    I knew from the 1st season that Miquel .....oh, nvmd.  I'll wait for you to catch up.  I knew there was a reason I loved you @beachespeaches:)  Did you watch Sons of Anarchy?  Can you believe I missed the whole thing?  I'm going to have to find the series on bluray or something.   Hey, see what I have?

Now the pie is symbolic.  It represents us calling all of the Aprons, and Pies, and hairstyles and things we hope for into  the vote booth of the next SYS.  Otherwise, just a fun pie filled kountdown to the black Friday event. :smile: 

Oh and I hate that Mayans changed the into music and scene of the opening.  I miss that little animal scampering acoss the road. 
    I CAAAAANT WAAAAAIIIITTTTTTT
  • Lia888Lia888 Registered Users, Member 2,052 Posts
    2nd Again! TB takes 1st. I know Glu has made tickets as an option in a competition (which I don’t think is right), and I get that TB’s really, really want the top T$ prizes, but don’t we all! It’s disheartening to put together looks to maintain a top score only to have the rug snatched from under you in the final hours of the competition... so frustrating. The low, high and fave look.