Prize Box

stacy9491stacy9491 Registered Users, Member 274 Posts
Has anyone noticed that in both boxes, daily and I think weekly when we get special clothes, typically the third row bottom box yields the best rewards? Or is that just me?

Comments

• Jasper1385Jasper1385 Registered Users, Member 169 Posts
    I used to open random boxes. I made myself crazy. I would have a gut feeling and not go with my first instinct , to only be disappointed. Now, I stick to opening the same box every single time.
  • stacy9491stacy9491 Registered Users, Member 274 Posts
    What box do you pick?
  • KKH_JennyKKH_Jenny Registered Users, Member 239 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @stacy9491 it’s just confirmation bias; I previously did the same as @Jasper1385 and went crazy trying to select randomly. Then I wanted to employ the scientific method for quantitative data, so I literally took screenshots of my palette every single day so I could do a cross-sectional analysis (I’m a dork). 

Anyway, after one month of screen caps and a statistical regression (probably a personal regression, too), and I can confidently say it’s random.

I, too, have now just always started selecting the same exact one each time (for me, I pick furthest left, on the bottom row; it goes with my political leanings haha). Even so, it usually feels like it doesn’t “work,” but that’s how it’s always going to be given it’s random and most of the prizes suck.
  • stacy9491stacy9491 Registered Users, Member 274 Posts
    KKH_Jenny said:
    @stacy9491 it’s just confirmation bias; I previously did the same as @Jasper1385 and went crazy trying to select randomly. Then I wanted to employ the scientific method for quantitative data, so I literally took screenshots of my palette every single day so I could do a cross-sectional analysis (I’m a dork). 

Anyway, after one month of screen caps and a statistical regression (probably a personal regression, too), and I can confidently say it’s random.

I, too, have now just always started selecting the same exact one each time (for me, I pick furthest left, on the bottom row; it goes with my political leanings haha). Even so, it usually feels like it doesn’t “work,” but that’s how it’s always going to be given it’s random and most of the prizes suck.
    Wow thanks for doing the science! Every time I stray from my one box, I always get something good it see like. I appreciate the input!
  • KKH_JennyKKH_Jenny Registered Users, Member 239 Posts
    @stacy9491 I’m glad I finally got to share my groundbreaking results of a random box truly offering items in a random order! 😂 But I’m cynical by nature and just had to test it out myself, lol.