***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• keepingupwithkelseykeepingupwithkelsey Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    Well Georgia has 20k+ cases and 800+ deaths and our Gov. Brian Kemp decided to open our state back up today 🙃 if y’all don’t see me post on here again I’m probs dead. Lol
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    I can't believe warnings had to go out about not injecting yourself with disinfectant. Is it November yet?

- Emmy
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    🤦🏾‍♀️ @soundspretty and people still defend this dude. 
  • aniwde3aniwde3 Registered Users 34 Posts
    edited June 2020
  • elizaxkacielizaxkaci Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I’m from uk. I went back to work last week, the company I work for say that we are classed as essential workers even though we don’t feel we are. At this uncertain time they shouldn’t have us coming into a school when we aren’t needed is my opinion. My oh is off work for another month through the furlough scheme.
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    The government here let the kids go outside, starting today. Only kids that have less than 13 years of age with one parent or guardian, 1 hour max and within 1km from home. No playing in parks and playgrounds, still maintaining social distancing + masks and gloves.
    Spain today:

Honestly, I feel like crying lol I've been locked inside for over 40 days just so a bunch of irresponsible idiots can ruin all the progress we made that easily?? People truly don't deserve anything, at this rate we won't leave our houses until we have a vaccine in a year or so. 
    edited April 2020
    They had a house party in chicago. A bunch of idiots decided to do it  200 plus in attendance 🤦🏾‍♀️ now its gonna be mandatory for us to have mask on outside. My town literally sucks. And more ppl are talking about more parties. 
  • SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    Yep... sometimes it feels like we’ll be in lockdown for a very.... long time. Bc some people really can’t take this virus seriously. I wouldn’t wanna go to a damn park where theirs more than 10 people ESPECIALLY with my kid. Wth to these people. it’s extremely disappointing and even more to the people who are out there protesting to re open. 😶 It’s not just a flu... but some people can’t get that across there head. Which is why we’ll suffer longer term. 
    IOS doll 💞

• TamaraHillsTamaraHills Registered Users, Member 328 Posts
    edited April 2020
    They had a house party in chicago. A bunch of idiots decided to do it  200 plus in attendance 🤦🏾‍♀️ now its gonna be mandatory for us to have mask on outside. My town literally sucks. And more ppl are talking about more parties. 

That happened here too, not in my city but in another state they made 4 parties all of them with over 200 people and the police had to shut them down. I don't get why people do this now
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Yesterday down the road from where I live there was a big “social distancing” get together... Ermmmm seriously where’s the logic in that 🙄 
    My mum is an NHS worker and where she works has now set up a testing hub. Naturally I’m worried for her and I’m trying not to overthink it all too much. But of course my brain runs wild sometimes. And still there are some who choose to ignore the severity of what’s happening. It actually makes me angry that people can be so selfish and not think about others and overall the bigger picture here.
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I smashed my phone at the beginning of lockdown and it took a full month to get repaired but I finally have it back good as new! I feel like I learnt a lot about New Zealand native bird calls; the benefits of watching TV without also being on your phone the entire time; and navigating large parks and reserves without being able to access google maps!

Also I had a coronavirus test today and the swab experience was freakin terrible! I think I just have a sinus infection but when I told my manager about it she said I needed to get tested. Good advice I guess but wow that was uncomfortable 
    My abuela has covid. And we arent allowed to see her. She very old and they lied to us for a week telling us she was fine at her nursing home.we have her there cause she needs more care around the clock cause of her heart condition and old age.im so beyond devastated 
  • TamaraHillsTamaraHills Registered Users, Member 328 Posts
    My abuela has covid. And we arent allowed to see her. She very old and they lied to us for a week telling us she was fine at her nursing home.we have her there cause she needs more care around the clock cause of her heart condition and old age.im so beyond devastated 
    Omg that's terrible!! I hope your grandma will recover from this <3, grandmas are truly amazing and losing a grandma is really sad. Hoping the best for her @therealChar <3
    Thank you all ♡ i just needed to vent its so stresseful out here 
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    @therealChar sending prayers for your grandma! Hope she gets well soon!
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @therealChar sending you some virtual hugs and love. It is a difficult time and being apart from family is hard.

My sister been “trapped” overseas since quarantine started due to her on work trip when it happened. Luckily her company have her in company apartments and she is safe but I haven’t seen her almost 2 months and we had a tearful conversation where she is saying she want to be transfer home permanently after this whole travel ban is lifted because it kinda sucks to be trapped alone in another country. 
    IOS Player 
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    edited May 2020
    @therealChar sweetie I’m sending lots of love to you, your family and your abuela! Hope she gets better soon 💖
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Some things changed in Italy as more people went back to work yesterday and you are able to visit your family members always respecting the safety measures. I live near Pompeii and my boyfriend lives in Rome (the cities are situated in two different regions) and we haven’t seen each other since Feb 17th. Traveling to another region is not allowed yet and who knows when it will be possible 😭

On a positive note, I’m feeling real satisfied with myself as I have been working out watching Pamela Reif’s videos and following the plans she posts on her instagram. She posts different plans. I encourage you to try!!
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    @therealChar sending you some virtual hugs and love. It is a difficult time and being apart from family is hard.

My sister been “trapped” overseas since quarantine started due to her on work trip when it happened. Luckily her company have her in company apartments and she is safe but I haven’t seen her almost 2 months and we had a tearful conversation where she is saying she want to be transfer home permanently after this whole travel ban is lifted because it kinda sucks to be trapped alone in another country. 
    I can only imagine 😭 i hope things get better enough for u guys to see each other! Thank you so much for ur kind words
    ♡ thank you everyone we are hoping she pulls threw. Its so sad we cant see her but its to prevent any contamination  but its hard.
  • snakiekkhsnakiekkh Registered Users, Member 336 Posts
    Does anyone else here struggle with depression? I thought I was managing it so well given the circumstances but today it's really hit me like a ton of bricks and I feel so worthless and lost 😞 I know this feeling will pass but waiting for it makes every day so difficult, life is really dragging by and it's painful. If anyone's gone through anything similar and has any coping mechanisms they find helps them please do let me know  😞
    Katie, iOS player, actually a lizard with a keyboard
  • PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts

@snakiekkh I have pretty bad depression and anxiety, and I've accepted that I'm never going to have any control over it, I just have to go day by day, and deal with the crushing feelings when they happen. This last week has been pretty bad actually, I've felt this horrible emptiness and I can't stand it. I would actually love to hear some coping mechanisms as well, because I tend to favor the bad ones.

But! Even though I'm in no way the best person to give suggestions these are some of the things that help me.

1. I do my nails every Monday, I listen to music, paint my nails and just chill, it's something very simple but it's relaxing to me, I'm actually thinking about doing different rainbow nails every week in June for pride month, and I'm actually excited about that! Which may sound silly but...whatever lol

2. Not sure if you have a pet so this may not be helpful, but I LOVE playing with my cats Scully & Tegan, they are very weird and crazy and always make me laugh!

3. This one is an obvious answer, but taking a shower can do soooo much good...

4. just cry...i used to hate crying it's not something my parents encouraged when i was young and i used to fell like it was this shameful thing, but now i know that its better than the alternative.

Sorry if this is extremely unhelpful, and sorry for the long post! I'm sending all my love and positively to you, hope you feel better again soon.💕💕💕

🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    @snakiekkh I used to suffer with quite bad depression coupled with anxiety, which wasn’t a good mix. In general I’m a pretty positive person so subconsciously I used to make myself feel guilty if I felt down; I was a closet depressive, so I used to just refuse to acknowledge it and no one knew. Honestly talking to a professional in the long run helped a ton so now a few years have gone by and I just feel great mentally; still some anxiety but I handle it a lot better than I used to. 

Especially now with everything going on, a few weeks ago I woke up and just felt sh*t. Like you, I was managing everything well and randomly it just hit me. I’m not working atm so I’m not making money, I’m a student with a lot of coursework, dissertation and portfolio work to do, I’m scared for my mum who’s a nhs worker etc. It all just came down on me and made me feel the worst I’ve felt in awhile.

Some quick fixes that worked for me was trying to keep myself busy and going out of my way to make myself feel positive and happy about the little things and work through issues one at a time. Given the circumstances it’s easy for each day to drag and roll into the next so I would try and be as productive as possible; make a schedule/ things to do list, do what you enjoy and makes you happy, be more active and go out if you can, speak to the people you love. The list could go on. 

I can’t speak for you or others because everyone deals with things differently and has other coping mechanisms but you aren’t alone in feeling this way. Especially now. I’m really hoping that you’ll come out of this dark patch and feel better about yourself and about everything. I want to send you good vibes and also all my love and support 😊❤️ 
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
    @PlantWitch I'm so sorry that you're going through the same right now, it's horrible timing for such an awful feeling isn't it :( I feel you on the topic of reaching for bad habits for comfort, I've been doing that so much recently and I need to snap out of it but it's so hard when you can't fall back on healthier options like visiting a friend or travelling somewhere nearby as a distraction. It's so stifling being forced to stay alone with your thoughts when they're dark and you can't escape by changing your scenery or distracting yourself properly but I guess it's something I'd have to face eventually so I hope we both eventually come out of this better than we were before. Desperately trying to remain optimistic hahahaa

I really love the ideas you've given, I used to love doing my nails but I stopped recently because I didn't have the energy to but I might try again soon. Pride nails sound absolutely gorgeous, I've just started doing gels and acrylics so I've only got a few basic shades at the moment but the thought of a rainbow at your fingertips is so wholesome, I might have to order some more! And I really feel you on number 4, I'm the same about crying but I actually let myself for the first time in ages today and it did kinda feel liberating, although I can't seem to stop now hahahaha. Thank you so much for your suggestions, I wish I had some good ones to give back to you but I always seem to fall into the worst spirals with my coping mechanisms, it's so stupid. And thank you so much for the kind words, all the same to you, I really hope your anxiety and depression ease up a bit soon 💕 If you ever need a stranger to talk to or a distraction my inbox is always open 💕
    @AmyMimi gosh everything you've said has resonated with me so much, I only "found out" I had depression and anxiety last year at university after being in denial for all this time too :( It's literally the last few days that I've felt as though my mental health has relapsed so dramatically and my dissertation is due on Tuesday so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the trigger for it. 

I'm so sorry you have so much on your plate right now, that sounds absolutely exhausting and so anxiety-inducing, especially while your mum's working for the NHS too :( I'm glad you're doing a bit better now, and I hope things clear up properly for you soon as it must be so overwhelming having so much to worry about, especially with everything else that's going on :(

Thank you so much for your kind words, god I'm tearing up reading this hahahaha, I really really appreciate it 💕💕 All the same to you, I hope everything going on in your life remains in the right direction and away from causing you more anxiety 💕 I'm gonna try and take on board what you've said and write a list of bite-sized tasks for my dissertation so when I tick something off I can force myself to feel proud of it, hoping that will give me a little boost!!

@PlantWitch @AmyMimi sending all the love and even more good vibes to both of you, thank you so much for giving me a bit of hope and some ideas to get through this dark patch, I really do appreciate it so much 💕 I hope things brighten up and stay that way for the two of you 💕
    @snakiekkh yes ! I struggle alot especially with how things are now. Getting outside and being around my family helped me. But since i cant be with my brothers and mom its been worst for me. I havey best friend who calls me weekly and i talk to her about the stress and it helps. 
    @therealChar I'm so sorry you're struggling with it too, I can't imagine how much worse it must be without having your family around :( I might try that and reach out to a friend tonight, usually I struggle talking about it but I think I've gone past that point now. I hope this feeling becomes more manageable for you soon, I can't wait for this situation to be over so we can all see our friends and family again. Sending all my love 💕
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    It's probably not the right thread, but I really need to vent. Today I learned that on the street where I live, there is a rap*st (is is a bad word? prolly not but I'm not gonna take any risks) who is taking advantage of the fact that we have to wear masks here in my country and just hiding behind it. I can't stay inside because I have a dog and I have to take him on walks everyday (even when it's dark). I'm so paranoid, I don't know how to protect myself when he attacks me. It's beyond me how can a person be this bad. And during this awful time when everybody is so stressed. I really don't know what to do or how to protect myself when I'm out with my doggie.
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
    kadamisia said:
    It's probably not the right thread, but I really need to vent. Today I learned that on the street where I live, there is a rap*st (is is a bad word? prolly not but I'm not gonna take any risks) who is taking advantage of the fact that we have to wear masks here in my country and just hiding behind it. I can't stay inside because I have a dog and I have to take him on walks everyday (even when it's dark). I'm so paranoid, I don't know how to protect myself when he attacks me. It's beyond me how can a person be this bad. And during this awful time when everybody is so stressed. I really don't know what to do or how to protect myself when I'm out with my doggie.
    Not sure of the rules where u live but i carry mace and keys. Keys between ur knuckles can do damage if u punch where the eyes are exposed and u can run to a safe space. Theres also apps that u can use i heard of one u hold down the button and release if ur unsafe and that sends help!