***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    @mikaylachimo Reading makes me very sleepy at night... I’m not sure it is helpful. But my mom is having problems as well and she’s thinking of taking valerian. I’ll let you know what she does and whether it works or not!
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • sarahleesarahlee Registered Users, Member 454 Posts
    I’m sitting at home and I’m upset by everything that’s happening now. It happened so suddenly, the coronavirus ruined all my plans. My fiancé has gone to work in Belgium, he has been gone for 3 months and I don’t know when he will return to me. I’m very worried about him.. and my family. There are not many infected People in Poland, but the number is growing every day more and more..
              🍒 IOS player since June 2019 🍒
            🍇 English isn’t my first language 🍇
    @sarahlee I feel you. I cannot see my grandmas and actually anyone else besides my dad and mom. I’m in a long distance relationship and I last saw my boyfriend on Feb 16 and I don’t know when I’ll be able to see him again, probably in months. You’re not alone in this!
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • TheBolaTheBola Registered Users, Member 194 Posts

May we all find strength to endure this, I hope this horrible situation opens our eyes. Staying at home and wearing a mask and gloves can save lives. We should look after each other always, let's stay as united when all of this is over and I hope it will be over soon. 🙏 (Sorry if this photo offends anyone, but I was thinking about not having enough food when I found this.  It felt like someone slapped me across my face and I was ashamed of myself. When hard times arrive, being thankful instead of scared will do a lot. We just forgot how blessed we are, I know I did.) 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Just heard some good news about what's going to happen if my company is forced to shut down. I don't always like my job, but I can't argue that they don't care about their employees, even if they do care about money more 🤑 One less thing to worry about. Now if only I can find some toilet paper. 

The lack of information is creating paranoia here. I keep hearing rumors about the National Guard being mobilized to enforce lockdowns, although the information is "a friend of a friend said..." type situation so it's probably not true. My guess is they're going to be setting up mobile units so hospitals aren't swarmed. 
    I don’t know if any of you saw these photos. I was speechless. 

( @k@kokokokonut I’m sorry, it’s a link but it’s an article, nothing suspicious)
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • zeekayyzeekayy Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Pakistani here. The situation here isn't all that bad but it is expected to become worse as the number of cases is increasing every day. However, schools colleges are closed and there is a restriction on gatherings by the government. We don't have a complete lockdown because our country can't afford it; most of our population depends on daily wages and more people will die of hunger than the virus if a complete lockdown is imposed (but still there are chances that a lockdown will be imposed in the near future). All exams till 1st June have been postponed which is a problem for Cambridge Alevel students (like me) because now we're giving our exams in Oct/Nov which might affect our university plans and force us for a gap year (there is a reassurance that universities will have to accomodate us, however). I just hope the less privileged of our population are safe and have food to eat. Certainly us getting bored because of quarantine is not a bigger problem than that (I see people complaining about it and it pisses me off). Nevermind, those were my two cents on this situation and honestly reading all your posts from around the world is making me feel reassured that we're all in this together. Stay safe everyone, wherever you are!💕
    I don’t know if any of you saw these photos. I was speechless. 

( @k@kokokokonut I’m sorry, it’s a link but it’s an article, nothing suspicious)
    😮
    I'd be curious to know what's happening in areas of the US that are most affected right now. Our state dept put out a message that you should quarantine immediately if you've traveled from California, New York, Colorado, Washington, and Florida. I think it hit those places hard before anyone really knew what was going on. 
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @oopsididitagain @elettrahere thank you guys so much! 💖 I’ll try these for sure! I finally fell asleep at about 10am lol but didn’t sleep long so hopefully tonight I can try out these tips and go to bed at a more reasonable time. 

I usually at some point make sure I’m not near my phone/any devices, but then after an hour or two of laying down eyes closed still not sleeping I always whip it back out and then chances are long gone 😂 I’d rather not sleep from playing kkh or getting into random youtube spirals vs silently stressing about how much worse the virus is every single day, the fact that I’m not making any income right now, and planning for the move I’m supposed to have in under two months (terrible timing ofc). But its so helpful to see on the forum here everyone across the world being so supportive and understanding, love y’all 🥺
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
    edited March 2020
    zeekayy said:
    I just hope the less privileged of our population are safe and have food to eat. Certainly us getting bored because of quarantine is not a bigger problem than that (I see people complaining about it and it pisses me off). 

This. One positive thing to come out of it is seeing so many restaurants and other businesses doing their best to help others out. Restaurants offering free food to kids so they don't go hungry while school is out (many rely in the free meal assistance), breweries halting production and making sanitizer instead, and just the social media presence of people offering to go shop for others who are unable to do so. Seeing people complain when it's only been a week or two and not even at it's peak of what could happen is very frustrating. You're lucky if you're bored. 
    We’re all in this together!

@mikaylachimo please let me know what works so I can help my mom as well! She doesn’t have trouble falling asleep but she wakes up at 3 am and can’t sleep anymore, so she doesn’t get enough sleep just like you 😞 we’re all worried about this situation 
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    @elettrahere has she tried a weighted blanket?? That’s been the best thing for me for getting better sleep and not waking up so much in the middle of the night!! I got one last year and absolutely love mine. I’ve slept so much better, but I still have issues falling asleep in the first place 😅 I’ll definitely update you on the sleepy tea, that sounds like it would be nice after waking up in the middle of the night too 
  • Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    I just want to express my anger towards the people who aren’t taking this seriously and think it’s all a joke. The cases in Ireland keep rising, and the very popular touristic shopping site in which I work at still hasn’t closed but gave companies there the option to close their shops. My shop only closed today but for a week, and I was working on Monday, I can’t tell you how many people- both old and young with children and babies were shopping like it was a normal day. I was appalled and honestly didn’t want to serve any customers, I thought it was so selfish to be out buying designer at this time. I’m even more appalled that the shopping site still won’t close! Customers telling me they’ve been sanitising their hands- ok we’re not 10 anymore why are you telling me that you’re partaking in basic hygiene??? 
    My mam also works in a supermarket and same scenario- people not taking it seriously and laughing at her for wearing a mask, getting angry when she tells them to stand at a distance as it’s policy. She’s been so stressed lately and it doesn’t help that my brother is high risk. Rant over but I’m just extremely angry and upset at how some people are viewing this
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    Just a friendly reminder to everyone to stop going out and doing things just because you’re bored. You’re keeping stores open that shouldn’t be by you’re being too selfish to care. Don’t be that guy, please!!! My company has officially stated unless the government forces it, we will not close. They’re firing people like crazy, cutting our hours. My boyfriend and I both work there, we both got our hours slashed. Don’t know what I’m going to do. It also means my health insurance is going to cost more, so my check is going to be even less. I wish that every state in the US would take this more seriously. In better news my favorite restaurant was giving pizzas away for free today. Guess there’s still some good in the world. But fr, please stop going places unless it’s a must, it’s keeping businesses like my department store open.
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    (I'm going to preface this by saying I know times are tough for a lot of ppl right now, these are petty complaints and meant to be taken lighthearted and silly, we have to smile to make it through times like this)

Anyway, my husband is officially quarantined bc he was exposed to two ppl at work with  confirmed cases. So I'm home with him and the kids now 24/7. Please send all the wine! It's only day 2 of 14 and he's driving me nuts 🤪 we have enough groceries and water to last that none of us will have to leave the house for anything, but I'm going to need some social distancing from my family after this blows over 🙃

How's life under quarantine going for everyone? 
    - Emmy
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    It's honestly outrageous that non essential stores are open right now, and that ppl are still shopping them like everything is fine. @samaaanthaaa I know a lot of states will be cracking down bc it's getting out of hand the amount of cases rising. Department stores don't need to be open right now, and it's extra annoying bc most departments stores can afford to close and will be just fine. I hope everything sorts itself out ❤
    - Emmy
    Unless governments crack down, many stores are classifying themselves as "essential" for bogus reasons. Your store could sell hand sanitizer and even though you don't have any, it's an "essential" product. That's pretty much how my company is getting around the rules. My CEO sent out an email today that said anyone who thinks otherwise is "uninformed". Yikes. I like my company, but yikes. 
  • Ronnie_KKHRonnie_KKH Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    I’m a hostess at a restaurant and I’m having to work everyday this week. The amount of people still eating out and coming to the bar to drink amazes me. I’m like “people just stay home!! A mediocre steak and beer is not worth getting the virus!!!”. It doesn’t matter tho, they’ll keep coming in because my boss isn’t closing the restaurant unless the government forces him too. I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer on me and sanitize my hands every time a new customer comes in but I’m afraid it’s not enough. I can’t leave the host stand so I can’t go wash my hands during my shift. I’m afraid I’ll get the virus and spread it to my parents and grandparents. 
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    My friend works at staples and they legit are open even though they arent essential. They also are charging ridiculously for water and other stuff 
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I can't believe there are still people not taking it seriously. Yesterday in Australia people were still just hanging out on Bondi beach in huge groups, and they have confirmed community transmission. 

New Zealand is either lucky in having cases primarily be from people who have returned from overseas, but not sure how long that will last. Most things are still open for now.
  • oopsididitagainoopsididitagain Registered Users, Member 1,158 Posts
    Not sure if this is the thread to complain about this, but I'm still so disgusted over Vanessa Hudgen's statement about this situation. 
    People are having to worry about if them going to work to keep food on the table is going to put their loved ones at risk. There are people right now who have already lost their loved ones. This is serious. It's heartbreaking and scary and absolutely horrifying. 
    my one true love @jessica296 lives in a high-risk area. A lot of my family lives in high-risk areas. 
    This isn't just me. This is millions of people around the world's same fears. 
    And she has the nerve to get up on IG and say "well, yeahhh, people are gonna die and, like, that's tErRiBlE but, like, that's inevitable" and it's vile
    You are a "celebrity" in a position of privilege. You are a "celebrity" with the platform to educate people. 
    How dare you act like someone loosing someone they will never be able to replace is "inevitable" because it's freaking not. Stay inside and cancel your stupid trip. 
    Stop thinking that just because you stared in 3 hit movies 14 years ago that you are worth more or somehow less at-risk than all the people who right now are watching their parents, children, and friends be forced to continue to go to work. 
    Over... Coachella, of all things. Then, she posted that people were taking what she said out of context?? I was like, in what context could that possibly not be ignorant? 
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos i had no idea she said this till i looked it up and saw her video of her hair flipping and having a fit over Coachella. I unfollowed her and this isnt the first dumb thing shes done either. Shes overly entitled and im over her.
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos when I first heard about the Vanessa Hudgens thing I was like "ugh she's just a dumb privileged 19 year old who doesn't understand what real life is like for people" but then I googled her and she is 31 years old and a GROWN ASS ADULT who should know better. Girl u don't need to livestream every puny thought that comes into your head because you can't go to a party this year
    Also @oopsididitagain lol I agree, it's so lame that she said she was taken out of context when it's literally just what she said. It's just the generic celebrity non-apology when they don't think they said anything wrong and don't understand why people are mad
    edited March 2020
    Ppl are losing jobs and their lives and income and some entitled celeb is mad over a dumb party she cant go to and wear another native american headdress or taking from more cultures and making it a costume for her own pleasure for a party. Shes 31 years old and she hasnt grown as a person at all. 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Im actually gonna finally use my crochet stuff i bought 😂 when i seen a sale. Ive never been good at it im a good seamstress but horrible at this.

Funny, I learned how to crochet some years ago now and with us being stuck inside I told my mother perhaps she can teach me how to sew lol

I had been in a car accident and my mother tried to teach me and I got frustrated cause we were just making rows and I was like ok, but how does that become something? Then my mother paid for me to get lessons and from there, I kinda did some work on my own once I found as many stuffed animal patterns.

Our city shut down all non essential things in the middle of the week, though even before that tourist attractions and schools were closed. It's tough cause we rely on tourism and Spring/Summer is our big time. Today it rained so it was a bit even more depressing and we ordered pizza early cause we figured they'd be busy and I felt so bad for the delivery driver. She profusely apologized that it was late and we were like, it's quite OK, we understand! I feel bad that she may be apologizing cause other people get upset even though they are being slammed. We made sure to tip well and leave a positive comment.

I have to go to Sam's this week cause I have a prescription to pick up and they don't have a drive thru so I just hope the hoarders calm down some or I go early enough where it's not that bad. Not even gonna go near the TP since people will probably tackle me if I got too close to it.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    @KaylaJ my familys really crafty. So i picked up sewing from my grandma and my mom and some of my aunts crochet. They are so good at it ! Made alot of cute stuff for my kid over the years. Your so good 😊 im trying to learn cause i wanna make a big blanket and some stuffed animals.
    There is a crazy amount of misinformation out there as well. That story about ibuprofen making the disease worse seems like it may have fooled the WHO for a short time, and every country has rumours about the government being about to announce a total lockdown. I just read before that people in Nigeria have poisoned themselves by taking too much of a drug the POTUS mentioned could be a good treatment (without any evidence obviously). Good sources of information are essential, but everything changes so fast it's hard to tell between something that's fake and something that's just new.
    Lisylis said:
    every country has rumours about the government being about to announce a total lockdown
    THIS lol. Everyone in my state is posting “rumor has it” “my friend told me” “my mom heard from her coworker” etc etc etc that national lockdown starts Monday, national guard is in town and ready to patrol, whatever. The rumors spread so much that our governor held a press conference to say this isn’t true and isn’t likely for our state, and people are still just losing their minds 🙃