🗳️🔁 SYS-TB - 10/26/20 Old Hollywood Glam is New Again!

Comments

• garibelalagaribelala Registered Users, Member 216 Posts

Probably won’t even reach the last box 🤡
  • LizzieKathLizzieKath Registered Users, Member 210 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @SunflowerBabe omg same.... I used to always do amazing with the voters and now I get 40s on really great looks!!

@garibelala I am totally in the same boat.... 
    playing on iOS.  PM me if you want to be friends! 

• charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts

I thought these looks were pretty & on theme but I was clearly clowning myself 🤡
  • LizzieKathLizzieKath Registered Users, Member 210 Posts
    @charlottegold I tried the green outfit and only got 41 on it, so I feel you!  all of your looks are stunning and very period appropriate and I'm just going to tell myself and everyone else that I really think the voters do not know what classic Hollywood looks like.
    playing on iOS.  PM me if you want to be friends! 

• SunflowerBabeSunflowerBabe Registered Users, Member 152 Posts
    Been voting for the past 15 minutes or so and I'm seeing sooo many people completely off-theme. I understand the dolls doing costumes because we should've gotten a Halloween theme, and I'm voting for them 😉 but I'm talking about dolls wearing jeans and a crop top with sunglasses. And they're getting top vote! Like... what the heck?!? I'm also seeing dolls get the popular vote with just old looks, minus the Hollywood and glam. Like 1920s flapper girl works, but not "pink ladies" from Grease or a 70s hippie look 😓

Sorry for the rant, it's just upsetting cause I'm getting crappy 30s and these dolls are getting popular picks without even trying. And yeah, my looks aren't extremely extravagant like a lot of dolls but at least I'm trying and on-them! 😅
    Here's an example of what I've been seeing. NOTE: I'm not hating, these are cute! Just not meant for this theme 🤷‍♀️

iOS player from Canada 🇨🇦
    Black Lives Matter
    Stop Asain Hate

I thought these looks were pretty & on theme but I was clearly clowning myself 🤡
    These are so gorgeous!! I love the Audrey Hepburn look. I'm sorry you got such low scores.
    Black Lives Matter
    Stop Asain Hate
  • laura014laura014 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    @SunflowerBabe Girl i’ll tell you what’s happening...TICKET BUYERS that’s what’s happening. 
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    @LizzieKath @SunflowerBabe thank you so much for your kind words! I’m still having fun so hoping my scores pick up eventually 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was so burned by my boxes last week I don’t even know if I’ll care if I don’t reach the last box 😂
    @LizzieKath @SunflowerBabe thank you so much for your kind words! I’m still having fun so hoping my scores pick up eventually 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was so burned by my boxes last week I don’t even know if I’ll care if I don’t reach the last box 😂
    Of course!

Uggh same! I keep getting green dyes and I've hand enough 😂
    Black Lives Matter
    Stop Asain Hate
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Advanced Member Registered Users 1,184 Posts
    I’m getting really low scores and I’m the only person on theme in my group 😩🥺. Can it be Thursday already? I hate gown themed events. 
  • JulietaluciaJulietalucia Registered Users, Member 271 Posts
    I don’t think there’s a rule that says that we should only speak english but well...
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Advanced Member Registered Users 1,184 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I don’t think there’s a rule that says that we should only speak english but well...
    I think it’s just so we can all understand what’s going on 😅 but people can just translate so it’s not really a big deal in my opinion. 
    Edit: I put the wrong word lol (my first language is Italian tho).
  • JulietaluciaJulietalucia Registered Users, Member 271 Posts
    I think it’s just so we can all understand what’s going on 😅 but people can just traduce so it’s not really a big deal in my opinion. 
    I know right? I agree, you can translate on google so quick and easily, and is not like we have full on conversations on any language other than english. 
    Me and other people get excited to meet someone from our country and greet eachother on our language, i don’t really think is that big of a deal, i don’t even read everything posted here because i don’t care about eeeverything that happens. And again there’s no rule saying that so 🤷🏼‍♀️

• essencejulietessencejuliet Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    posting this here now because i know it won’t last for long LOL. there are some beautiful looks in my line up!!!
  • AccaliaAccalia Registered Users, Member 189 Posts

Exatcly 1 point more than the next one... lol I'm second place right now.
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    edited October 2020
    rach89 said:
    Idk where to post this but did anyone else take the survey? That thing was longggggggggg...

Me after spending 30 mins taking the survey and getting no k stars or reward.

I quit halfway through 🙂 knowing glu the survey will be useless anyways and edited cuz omg I can’t spell
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • lululalulula Registered Users, Member 685 Posts
    @rach89 i read a few posts referring to the survey - I didn't seem to get a notification to participate. What was it?
    Platform: iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 26,746 Posts
    Regarding posting in English, and why sending readers to to a translation service is a big deal -
    The choice is the 1 Poster can take their post  to translate, or Many Readers have to.   Unless you’re a mod, staff or admin you can just skip those posts, so no big deal.  But to those of us who are, it is an inconvenience, time consuming, and more of a deal.  So, I appreciate your posting in English.  Thank you.  <3

🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    🌟If you see a problematic post please dm the link🌟
    💜Vats

• moriacasanmoriacasan Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    it's so weird how the voters work, i wear gowns in every look and i hardly reach like 40s, but after seeing the voting booth i tried dressing more like a casual party and that get me more points ? weird but hey if it's that what the people want...  :lol:
  • rach89rach89 Registered Users, Member 439 Posts
    @lulula It was just an in game survey mostly asking for our opinions about different aspects of the game in detail. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Like @woahbabesursotoxic said who even knows if it will do anything.. but I take every opportunity to attempt to get my opinions out there 🙃
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,941 Posts
    me waiting to be spotted in the voting booth 🤧

@samanthakkh im literally always on the lookout for you lol, it’ll happen! also I have been meaning to say this forever but I loooove your new pro pic😍
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier New Member Registered Users 2,401 Posts
    I didn't get a survey but I don't think they're available for my device since the last time I got one that's what it said when I tried to do it. 
    Platform: Android
    #bonusstarforparties
    #getridoftstiers
  • cleopatraliakcleopatraliak Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    where is the dress and hair from and does anyone know if they will be available for diamonds or black friday? Thanks!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Senior Member Registered Users 4,983 Posts
    @cleopatraliak they're from a kollection so no
    Android (PM me to connect on Facebook)
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,011 Posts
    @jhabs ugh i just adore you!! 💕 thank you so much and likewise! i love those lips on your doll 😍
  • rach89rach89 Registered Users, Member 439 Posts
    where is the dress and hair from and does anyone know if they will be available for diamonds or black friday? Thanks!

This is the Kollection it’s from, it’s still in rotation so you should get it eventually! 

Here are a couple threads on the forum you may find helpful 🖤

• JJthedrummer83JJthedrummer83 New Member Registered Users 85 Posts
    me waiting to be spotted in the voting booth 🤧

honestly same everytime i see someone post about looks in the voting booth i look at them just to see if my looks are there.
    hollywood bitch so fake she seems real
  • greeneyeddove437greeneyeddove437 Registered Users, Member 650 Posts

So happy with my first box and my scores! Yay!😍

I have an idea for my 5th submission, but I need input for the 6th / potential later ones!

1 - Agree
    2 - Like
    3 - Awesome
    4 - LOL