So, Who Is Quitting In January?

Comments

• robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    edited December 2020
     I want to but I can’t 🙈 Because of Fomo. But with what’s going on ( sys, storylines only for selected players) it makes me want to play less every time. 
    Edit: also I’m never gonna spend again
    iOS player 

• SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts

I have one extra ticket left after this mistake, and I’m so done. Between Simon tickets and the tickets Kalinda has sent me due to glitches with my game, I thought I’d be able to use them to be first place. Not to waste them and not even get an earnable...
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    @DoloresWyatt omg thank you for calling that out. @babytomato04 do you mind telling us what’s funny? Because there wasn’t not one funny thing. 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • patiencebrodypatiencebrody Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I thought Karens' thing was asking to talk to the manager, but now it's asking people to explain why they pressed the reaction button
  • MattlovesrachMattlovesrach Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I will probably quit in January as well. It’s sad because I’ve been playing since November of 2018. I get so tired of working hard to get kstars, and then getting the worst item in a kollection or energy. I feel like there are algorithms that make this game ridiculously hard. The fact that you have to spend money and still can end up with nothing is scary. This game is akin to gambling for me lately. I didn’t mind when it was just kollections or box picking, but now with the new SYS event I feel like it’s a gamble to purchase tickets when you can end up with absolutely nothing. I was third place when I went to bed last night, and I was planning to use my free kalinda/Simon tickets to fight for the camera. When I woke up this morning I was in 11th place and I said screw it. I’m not even going to submit my 13th look because it’s not worth leveling up to gold for a bracelet 🙄. I left a 1 star review on the App Store. Maybe if enough people do that Glu will realize that what they have going on now with SYS isn’t sustainable. They might be making tons of money now, but eventually people will stop spending money on something that no longer brings them joy. 
    edited December 2020
    @patiencebrody no what she did is disrespectful. Nothing about people’s pronouns are funny. @ me next time love
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • zoeykkzoeykk Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I will probably quit in January as well. It’s sad because I’ve been playing since November of 2018. I get so tired of working hard to get kstars, and then getting the worst item in a kollection or energy. I feel like there are algorithms that make this game ridiculously hard. The fact that you have to spend money and still can end up with nothing is scary. This game is akin to gambling for me lately. I didn’t mind when it was just kollections or box picking, but now with the new SYS event I feel like it’s a gamble to purchase tickets when you can end up with absolutely nothing. I was third place when I went to bed last night, and I was planning to use my free kalinda/Simon tickets to fight for the camera. When I woke up this morning I was in 11th place and I said screw it. I’m not even going to submit my 13th look because it’s not worth leveling up to gold for a bracelet 🙄. I left a 1 star review on the App Store. Maybe if enough people do that Glu will realize that what they have going on now with SYS isn’t sustainable. They might be making tons of money now, but eventually people will stop spending money on something that no longer brings them joy. 
    totally get you... every time I save up diamonds for a 12/18 diamond gift box reward and every time the system gives me the worst item that is not even usable in SYS
    Toronto, Canada | Been playing since the beginning of the game
    Level 51 | A+++
  • Emme1216Emme1216 Registered Users, Member 406 Posts
    I might PASSIVELY PLAY. Like, I might complete all gigs. But I’m not spending any more money or stress on this game. If they don’t care about us I’m bot going to care about it. They need competition- it’s like the sims. They’re getting too big for their britches (I’m literally gen z idk why that’s the word I can think of) and think no one will ACTUALLY leave. Sims is getting comp now so we shall see.
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts
    Seems like more Sys scores are in the 30s. Disappointed. 
  • prettyKKHprettyKKH Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Can you enter the game? Mine’s been stuck on the loading page for hours.. Just checking if it’s only my connection or a lot of people are experiencing it too

Edit: Never mind it’s okay already!
  • MissCristinaMissCristina Registered Users, Member 432 Posts
    Already downgraded my vip, can’t fit in all the SYS. No time for my businesses = no stars except the videos, no time for storyline, dating, reality show that never seems to climb. 
    Just seeing the little icon to open the app stresses me out. 

My close cousin and her husband just got corona, I have to figure out Christmas. I can’t do it all. 
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    i still play bc of fomo too but this forum however it gets too overwhelming at times which is i dont post as often as i could
  • StevieCurryStevieCurry Registered Users, Member 759 Posts
    edited December 2020
    i’m already playing this game less. i’ve missed SYS tickets, i didn’t finish the recent dating event and i didn’t do the charity case quest.

i’ve lost quite a bit of motivation to play. idk if i’ll be playing next year, we’ll see.
    ios • free player since november 2019 ❀
    ♡˚✧˳⁺⁎ ⁎₊✧༚♡
  • kkhkaterinakkhkaterina Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    i will be 🥲 i’ve been playing less and less as well, i’ve submitted two tickets each sys since slumber party and just forgotten ab the for the rest of the time frame lol. i also for the first time in 6 months didn’t finish a weekend event this weekend, the literal only reason i have my game still is bc i do edits on insta and i have too many great friends to just up and ditch. drawing edits has also become my happy place but the way this game is going it even went as far and took that away tbh. it’s going to be hard but i’m just over it, sucks that i came back just as everything started to go south ☹️
    I’ve been forgetting about SYS and not doing the weekend events like I used to. It’s just boring now. 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • lululalulula Registered Users, Member 808 Posts
    I have finally stopped doing the weekday events which I've been doing for ages. I'm not even stressed about SYS anymore because all I ever can get are shoes or an accessory which is soo boring
    Platform: iOS
  • kkh_kyliekkh_kylie Registered Users, Member 443 Posts
    Love the thread! Thanks 😍
    I already quit SYS, it’s stressful, tiring and not fair.
    If nothing changes in January ( no updated TB boxes, no old SYS, more diamond items and no new ways to earn diamonds ) I will definitely quit the game.
  • Charlotte_DCharlotte_D Registered Users, Member 231 Posts
    edited December 2020
    The new sys contribution is a good idea because more players get prizes... But it’s the excessive ticket buyers that are the issue. There’s got to be a way GLU can figure out how to put the consistent ticket buyers ID’s together so that they can pay against each other and put the free players together in the sys and keep the prize contribution how it is so that more players get a chance at winning items even if they’re 10th etc.

I personally have been playing for a year and have put sooo much money into this game to buy £9.99 outfits, many many K-stars and the odd Triple Threat on occasions when I really want a chance at certain prizes that I really want.
    And after putting so much money into this game like a lot more people on this forum and having our opinions pushed to the side and not matter to GLU is very disappointing and frustrating as a consistent player of their game. To me and a lot of other players, they have proved how GREEDY they are as a game company and that the money is ALL that matters to them even though they were making enough before this new sys system.
    I’m over it and in the new year, if things don’t change I’ll be taking a step back and staying off this game until something chances that actually HELPS the free players that don’t buy 20 extra tickets a week!
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    I personally would rather have one or two well thought out and well designed items rather than several rushed items or accessories. I have been stuck in gold for a couple weeks now because I like the themes and I am scoring well on my looks and I just want to have fun. But being stuck in gold is a nightmare. Having an average of 53 and only receiving a sleep mask (really wanted that robe I suggested) pair of earmuffs, a bracelet or a pair of tights in 10th or 12th place is disappointing when I surely would have received 2nd or even 3rd with the old format. So to me, it is losing prizes, lots of them. So many prizes that you feel you will never catch up to because you can't buy what you want after with diamonds or even get a silver box during sys. Way too much strategy to put into this game imo, and it isn't even a guarantee because someone could buy you out easily 1 min before the end.

I have been playing for almost 2 years now, I spent a very small amount in the beginning on a couple sys tickets before triple threat was introduced and before I knew I would be reduced to 10 free kstar videos a day(certainly learned from that and won't spend a penny until I am assured that is fixed) I ended up losing my first account and have had my current game for a little over a year and before this sys was introduced I was almost always within the top 5 and certainly within the top 10. 

The problem I see is the prize distribution. It encourages ticket buyers. Only the top spots have the prizes that people want and to get there you have to buy it. I unfortunately don't see glu ever separating groups, as much as I wish they would. They would never loose out on the opportunity that a doll who loves a certain prize not breaking out there wallet to have it.

I was thinking maybe they could just eliminate the levels and give everyone the gold tier. All these items are being made but very few have the chance to get them and if all the ticketbuyers are distributed evenly maybe we would be back to a couple ticket buyers per group like before, then we would all really have the chance to get all these new prizes and even a chance for a box for once. Make sys fun and worth participating in again. Sorry for the rant lol.
  • chloemoneychloemoney Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    I stopped playing this game about a week ago, finally went in and reset all my progress and deleted the app so I have no reason to play again because then I would have to start over. 

Honestly, if y’all want to see change you have to stop playing the game. They see us in here complaining but then see us still playing it and spending money so they really don’t care. Even if they changed I won’t be back though. This game doesn’t stand for much anyways.
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    I don’t finish the weekday events anymore and since nothing has been said about SYS being changed back, I think I'll stop participating in the next update as well. 

I counted and this is the amount of SYS items I've missed during the last updates:
    - October: 4 ts items (still with the old SYS) 
    - November: 19 ts items (new system) 
    - December: 20 ts and 2 earnables, so far

I've had to sacrifice getting new items in order to level down or remain in lower levels and when I do that most of the time I don't even get to open a silver box so I can't even get old SYS items and it has really become a burden instead of a fun way to clear my head from work and stuff. So, I guess I won't delete the game immediately because I've worked so hard to get where I am now but I'll probably just play when I really love the items. 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • johnn92johnn92 Registered Users, Member 83 Posts
    I stopped playing this game about a week ago, finally went in and reset all my progress and deleted the app so I have no reason to play again because then I would have to start over. 

Honestly, if y’all want to see change you have to stop playing the game. They see us in here complaining but then see us still playing it and spending money so they really don’t care. Even if they changed I won’t be back though. This game doesn’t stand for much anyways.
    Bye, I hope you come back someday and maybe try with a male doll.
  • BellaKKHBellaKKH Registered Users, Member 589 Posts
    I’m the same.
    Not gonna be grinding all week for an old pair of shoes. They haven’t updated throwback boxes since 2017.

Too many SYS to keep up, and to win nothing when pitted against extreme ticket buyers. Also voting booth has trash rewards so don’t vote anymore.

Videos for kstars don’t work. No storylines for all. No updates to achievements, so really, nothing to play for.

if none of this changes, I quit with my gold membership.
  • Mimij13Mimij13 Registered Users 18 Posts
    I’ve been playing the game since the beginning and observing the changes over the years has led me to believe that GLU manipulates the game through algorithms. I truly believe that this newly reinstated SYS format and these alleged “ticket buyers” are bots that are put in place to manipulate you into buying tickets so you can win prizes. I don’t believe that real people are actually spending that amount a tickets for 2 events a week. This is virtual reality and so many things are smoke and mirrors and illusions. Think beyond the scope of what they tell us. This is a business at the end of the day. This specific game has decreased in popularity since its debut and Kim barely acknowledges it. GLU is desperate to increase their bottom line. Especially given the circumstances with COVID and businesses dealing with a lot of societal changes due these unprecedented times. Guys, it’s so blatant at this point. Play the game passively but don’t subject yourself to a financially abusive relationship in regard to the game. Leave GLU in the dust and use your money for useful things in real life. This game was fun for what it was during a specific time frame but that time has passed. We should all just move on because the game is blatantly exploitative. Nothing is going to change EVER. Accept this as fact and move on. The game is winding down not up, it’s been 6 years. 
    GC: itsmayasworld
    Add me!
  • DoloresWyattDoloresWyatt Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    Had anyone sold or gifted a game? I definitely can't keep playing my side game and it's got a couple of 1st place TS prizes from when I first started playing it, it feels like a shame for it to go to waste. Also a nice collection of handhelds and auras from black Friday. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm probably gonna stop with my main game too but keep it just in case sys ever improves. I already play less tho, I don't always make it to the last earnable on weekend events and I always miss 1-2 tickets every SYS because I can't be bothered waking up early for it.

Android player, looking for in game friends. FB Dolores Wyatt 
    Mimij13 said:
    I’ve been playing the game since the beginning and observing the changes over the years has led me to believe that GLU manipulates the game through algorithms. I truly believe that this newly reinstated SYS format and these alleged “ticket buyers” are bots that are put in place to manipulate you into buying tickets so you can win prizes. I don’t believe that real people are actually spending that amount a tickets for 2 events a week. This is virtual reality and so many things are smoke and mirrors and illusions. Think beyond the scope of what they tell us. This is a business at the end of the day. This specific game has decreased in popularity since its debut and Kim barely acknowledges it. GLU is desperate to increase their bottom line. Especially given the circumstances with COVID and businesses dealing with a lot of societal changes due these unprecedented times. Guys, it’s so blatant at this point. Play the game passively but don’t subject yourself to a financially abusive relationship in regard to the game. Leave GLU in the dust and use your money for useful things in real life. This game was fun for what it was during a specific time frame but that time has passed. We should all just move on because the game is blatantly exploitative. Nothing is going to change EVER. Accept this as fact and move on. The game is winding down not up, it’s been 6 years. 
    I would be down with that theory if it the fact that this game had its best quarter yet (YET!!) since its launch 2014 wasn't brought to our attention. They are making more money now than they ever did.
    Had anyone sold or gifted a game? I definitely can't keep playing my side game and it's got a couple of 1st place TS prizes from when I first started playing it, it feels like a shame for it to go to waste. Also a nice collection of handhelds and auras from black Friday. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm probably gonna stop with my main game too but keep it just in case sys ever improves. I already play less tho, I don't always make it to the last earnable on weekend events and I always miss 1-2 tickets every SYS because I can't be bothered waking up early for it.

Is that legal though? I doubt it is since i've seen people selling games and those accounts always end up getting banned
  • VictorianVictorian Registered Users, Member 1,110 Posts
    @DoloresWyatt I don't think a kkh game is worth anything at all. There are hackers that sell games with all items including FG, diamond kollection and TS items and they charge for 15 dollars on instagram. This makes the legit games worthless. If you have all the past items and fashion goals and all TS, then your game is worth 15 dollars. It sucks 🤧
    20 year old from Turkey & Android Player
    Striking untill they give everyone 20 videos a day