šŸ—³ļøšŸ’ƒ SYS - 1/07/21 - Disco Fever!šŸ¹šŸ’ƒ

Comments

• asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:
    ehh so besides the fact that the game sucks now even the forum kinda sucks too because itā€™s filled with ignorant people who donā€™t understand what culture appropriating mean and donā€™t wanna listen. but I also kinda wish that a lot of people had the same energy when it comes to other races! someone here is only vocal when its her race and kinda racist towards other races and she gets away with it šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’
    racism is wrong towards any and all races!!
    Ā I mean if people want to speak up for when theirĀ culture is being appropriated they can.Ā 

Itā€™s not @therealChar or anyone elseā€™s job to be the gate keeper of appropriation for all races. Black women canā€™t save everyone. & I donā€™t think thatā€™s a realistic expectation. šŸ˜Š

& tbh you probably couldā€™ve messaged her this. Itā€™s giving subliminal and thatā€™s not cute.Ā 
    donā€™t twist my words hun! I NEVER said people canā€™t speak up when their culture is being appropriated. I said itā€™s great and wish that more people would speak up when other cultures are being appropriated or made fun of too. because the ones that were speaking up werenā€™t all black and itā€™s great and wish everyone had the same energy no matter what their race is because racism is wrong no matter what. I never said char should be the gate keeper of appropriation for all races, I just called her out for being a racist herself which is shocking to me because someone whoā€™s so vocal about racism should know better than to say insensitive things about other races. I donā€™t wanna dm anyone and I donā€™t care about whatā€™s cute or not. donā€™t try to twist my words.
    I didnā€™t twist your words... I said OTHER PEOPLE can speak when their culture is being appropriated. It is not chars duty like you are implying.Ā 

Ā Is it realistic to think someone who is black should be the first to speak on when letā€™s say some other race is being appropriated?

Donā€™t get me wrong. I donā€™t condone appropriating for any race. But it is more than just one persons responsibility to educate. And Iā€™m pretty sure @therealchar and others have spoken up about kimonos (sorry donā€™t know the proper term) and etc in the past. Another example were the eyes with the low lids. Iā€™m sure char was vocal.Ā 

There have been times when @therealChar has supported other races.Ā 

I donā€™t think char has been insensitive at all or racist by speaking up primarily for her race but if thatā€™s how you feel say it with your chest.

Ā Donā€™t be passive. If it moved you enough to type a paragraph, you shouldā€™ve at least dmā€™d her & had a proper convo about it.Ā 

You probably wouldā€™ve been enlightened after the fact.Ā 

Ā I have been insensitive the one time with the eyes but that's my own ignorance for not knowing.i learned from it and grew and be sure to be more educated on the matter enough to call it out if I see anything.Ā  But I feel ya on this alot of people put the pressure of speaking up about everything having to do with other races on black people to speak up about when literally most of these people on here can use their mouth too. I speak up alot for black people which makes alot of them uncomfortable.Ā  I try to as vocal as I can about many things but I'm not the only one on this forum but they lack that same conviction for themselves when they always tell me I should speak up about everythingĀ 
    @therealChar no one said they want you to speak up about everything, just donā€™t be racist yourself when you know how hurtful this sh*t can be. also youā€™re speaking as if Iā€™m uncomfortable with you speaking up about the black culture and stuff but I am mixed and can personally relate to what youā€™re saying. I hate it when I see white dolls using black hair just as much as you. but donā€™t go around and assume stuff just because of the skin colour of my doll and try to make me seem pressed or something.
    iOS player
    asalaxo said:
    @asalaxo it probably is a misunderstanding. I just hope the next time if someone does something that is offensive you call it out in that moment so they learn from it.Ā 

Instead of bringing it up weeks later passively. ESP if they already apologized?Ā 

I insisted a DM since it was only your post that seemed like it was specifically for her.Ā 

But Iā€™m over this convo I just needed to interject because it wasnā€™t sitting right with me. You have a great day and be blessedĀ 
    yet everyone here brings up stuff not only from weeks ago but years ago! but obviously itā€™s not cool when itā€™s something your friend had said lol.
    also she never apologised about the eyes till this thread, she just apologised about the traditional Chinese outfit before. and I donā€™t think you have to be educated about another culture to know that itā€™s not okay to say their eye shape looks high.
    but okay you have a good day too šŸ˜
    I wish you had the same energy for other people on here as u do for me cause when miss Samantha was going wild with her ignorance didnt hear a peep out of you šŸ¤£ but ok love.
    @therealChar Iā€™m not as active on the forum as you and please donā€™t twist my words, thatā€™s lame and it still doesnā€™t change what you did. the only reason Iā€™m talking about it rn because people keep replying to it.
    iOS player
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    edited January 2021
    @asalaxo to clarify no shade to char but I donā€™t know her. She is not my friend. YOUR COMMENT was not sitting well with me.Ā 

Iā€™ve only been on this forum for 1 year (lmao jk like 6 months) so I canā€™t speak on whatever it is that was brought up.Ā 

Stay blessed. Iā€™m simply supporting a fellow queen.Ā 

(I would love to be friends thoĀ @therealChar wassaaaap? I have you in my game šŸ˜‚)Ā 

Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay šŸ‘—šŸ‘ 
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:
    @asalaxo it probably is a misunderstanding. I just hope the next time if someone does something that is offensive you call it out in that moment so they learn from it.Ā 

Instead of bringing it up weeks later passively. ESP if they already apologized?Ā 

I insisted a DM since it was only your post that seemed like it was specifically for her.Ā 

But Iā€™m over this convo I just needed to interject because it wasnā€™t sitting right with me. You have a great day and be blessedĀ 
    yet everyone here brings up stuff not only from weeks ago but years ago! but obviously itā€™s not cool when itā€™s something your friend had said lol.
    also she never apologised about the eyes till this thread, she just apologised about the traditional Chinese outfit before. and I donā€™t think you have to be educated about another culture to know that itā€™s not okay to say their eye shape looks high.
    I wish you had the same energy for other people on here as u do for me cause when miss Samantha was going wild with her ignorance didnt hear a peep out of you šŸ¤£ but ok love.
    @therealChar Iā€™m not as active on the forum as you and please donā€™t twist my words, thatā€™s lame and it still doesnā€™t change what you did. the only reason Iā€™m talking about it rn because people keep replying to it.
    No one twists your words your just a hypocrite and dont have the same energy for other people. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø but I get it you dont like me and it's fine. Just know it's never gonna make me stop talking about black people and regardless of my ignorance which u feel the need to constantly bring up and claim I should of known better that's not for u to make plenty of things people be ignorant to and life is about learning. šŸ˜¬Ā 
    @asalaxo to clarify no shade to char but I donā€™t know her. She is not my friend. YOUR COMMENT was not sitting well with me.Ā 

Iā€™ve only been on this forum for 1 year (lmao jk like 6 months) so I canā€™t speak on whatever it is that was brought up.Ā 

Stay blessed. Iā€™m simply supporting a fellow queen.Ā 

(I would love to be friends thoĀ @therealChar wassaaaap? I have you in my game šŸ˜‚)Ā 

šŸ˜ā˜ŗ love to be friends with u I always love having more forum ppl in game.
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

No one twists your words your just a hypocrite and dont have the same energy for other people. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø but I get it you dont like me and it's fine. Just know it's never gonna make me stop talking about black people and regardless of my ignorance which u feel the need to constantly bring up and claim I should of known better that's not for u to make plenty of things people be ignorant to and life is about learning. šŸ˜¬Ā 
    lmao not you talking about hypocrisy šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ like I said I barely read the forum anymore and actually this is the first thread that Iā€™ve read in monthhhhsss, itā€™s not that I donā€™t have the same energy Iā€™m just never on the forum, yet here I am rn and Iā€™m talking about racism but you donā€™t like it. you and I have never had any interactions before, I donā€™t go on about my day thinking about you and what you might be doing so get over yourself. since youā€™re here a lot you can see that people tagged me and Iā€™m only responding to them. and also you call out people left and right, but now itā€™s so wrong that someone has called you out in the first place for being racist? okay šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
    iOS player
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

lmao not you talking about hypocrisy šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ like I said I barely read the forum anymore and actually this is the first thread that Iā€™ve read in monthhhhsss, itā€™s not that I donā€™t have the same energy Iā€™m just never on the forum, yet here I am rn and Iā€™m talking about racism but you donā€™t like it. you and I have never had any interactions before, I donā€™t go on about my day thinking about you and what you might be doing so get over yourself. since youā€™re here a lot you can see that people tagged me and Iā€™m only responding to them. and also you call out people left and right, but now itā€™s so wrong that someone has called you out in the first place for being racist? okay šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
    No I'm not mad over me being called out great deflection though. I just find it funny you dont really have the same energy for others most times. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø anyways that's the last of what I'm say to u
  • livyxlivyx Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    @Amy136602 I know I already said that to you but your doll is so beautiful, I love every feature she has šŸ˜­šŸ’•
    iOS player since December 2014 šŸ‡«šŸ‡·šŸ‡µšŸ‡±
  • Amy136602Amy136602 Registered Users 851 Posts
    livyx said:
    @Amy136602 I know I already said that to you but your doll is so beautiful, I love every feature she has šŸ˜­šŸ’•
    Thank you šŸ„ŗā¤ļø @livyx I really really appreciate it!!šŸ’•
    Daily iOS player šŸ˜ŠĀ 

Facebook Name: MandyKkh
  • KathkkghKathkkgh Registered Users 13 Posts
    Some of my best scoring looks. I have got really good scores this time, and just got the collection hair Iā€™ve waited so long for it to come back and i have worn it since šŸ˜šŸ˜
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

No I'm not mad over me being called out great deflection though. I just find it funny you dont really have the same energy for others most times. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø anyways that's the last of what I'm say to u
    well then excuse me for having better things to do than being on the forum 24/7 šŸ˜‚Ā 
    iOS player
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    My looks 5-12:

Really like this theme!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • nayla9nayla9 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

Hi, long time lurker here. I just had to say something because Iā€™m blasian and youā€™re being rude af and itā€™s offensive. Not only were you racist to Asians but now youā€™re trying to find excuses and faults in other people just to make yourself look better by twisting words and this is only doing more harm. People are just asking you to not to say racist things again about Asians but youā€™re trying to make it seem like theyā€™re saying that to you because youā€™re black but itā€™s literally because youā€™re just racist. Iā€™m gonna be praying for you because you need it šŸ™šŸ¾
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts

Sorry for the huge photo!! Ā Is this on theme? Ā Iā€™m in a close race between 3 or 4 and every vote counts lol

agree - submit
    lol - wait for an unlock and use the weekend earnable dress
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    edited January 2021
    nayla9 said:
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

Hi, long time lurker here. I just had to say something because Iā€™m blasian and youā€™re being rude af and itā€™s offensive. Not only were you racist to Asians but now youā€™re trying to find excuses and faults in other people just to make yourself look better by twisting words and this is only doing more harm. People are just asking you to not to say racist things again about Asians but youā€™re trying to make it seem like theyā€™re saying that to you because youā€™re black but itā€™s literally because youā€™re just racist. Iā€™m gonna be praying for you because you need it šŸ™šŸ¾
    Look correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she apologize before it was brought up again? I don't think anyone likes to be reminded of their ignorance or mistakes that they have done no matter how long ago it wasĀ  (this isn't really an excuse and even tho I've never been someone to discriminate I was a trouble maker between 1st and 5th grade and I HATE when my mother brings up how many times she had to ground me) so I can understand why she may seem rude about it when people remind her of that. Of course I'm not Asian so I cannot accept the apologies that she issued and it's only up to Asian dolls whether or not they accept it bc they were the ones affected
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    but at the end of the day, we donā€™t know who is behind the dolls we see in the voting boothĀ 
    A while ago, there was a user on this forum who had a white doll- profile pic was a white, blue eyed doll, blonde hair, everything. One day, they randomly switched to a black doll. I was super caught off guard- why was a white person suddenly using a black doll - but didnā€™t make any comment about it. It turns out that user was actually black IRL and finally felt confident to use a black doll.Ā 

The truth is we donā€™t know who is behind each doll. We have no way of knowing if a previously white doll is now using a black doll because the Afro was so beautiful that it inspired her to recreate her doll in her actual likeness.Ā 
    I definitely agree white dolls shouldnā€™t be using black features and respecting and appreciating black culture does not mean we (non black dolls) can wear it ourselves.

Another thing I think is important to keep in mind is that who we are on the forum/online in general is just a snippet of who we are as people IRL. I think it will be a better environment if we keep our comments focused on actions (like saying someone made a rude and tasteless comment) instead of saying someone IS rude and tasteless.Ā 
  • nayla9nayla9 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    nayla9 said:
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

Look correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she apologize before it was brought up again? I don't think anyone likes to be reminded of their ignorance or mistakes that they have done no matter how long ago it wasĀ  (this isn't really an excuse and even tho I've never been someone to discriminate I was a trouble maker between 1st and 5th grade and I HATE when my mother brings up how many times she had to ground me) so I can understand why she may seem rude about it when people remind her of that. Of course I'm not Asian so I cannot accept the apologies that she issued and it's only up to Asian dolls whether or not they accept it bc they were the ones affected
    Thatā€™s still not an excuse to be racist and then be rude about it. Sheā€™s not different than anyone else that sheā€™s called out herself.
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    The main point is, please do not use kinky curly styles when it is beneficial to you. If you have a kinky texture and are fair skinned or whatever the hell this does not apply to you.Ā 

Now this forum is dead af any but letā€™s continue with the looks please.
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay šŸ‘—šŸ‘ 
  • PatRamosPatRamos Registered Users, Unconfirmed, Member 59 Posts
    Well... These scores are embarassing for me. Are these looks that horrible? As someone who ALWAYS managed to stay at least in top 5 TS even as a free player, I honestly cant understand why I havent reached one single 40. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ And i love that TS coat so much šŸ˜¢

• KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    nayla9 said:
    KkhElena said:
    nayla9 said:
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

Thatā€™s still not an excuse to be racist and then be rude about it. Sheā€™s not different than anyone else that sheā€™s called out herself.
    But how was she racist afterwards? And again where am I excusing her? I simply said (still a bit unsure) that she apologized before and even here on this thread i think and that nobody should feel like they need to accept the apology if they didn't want to. I've been discriminated myself for features that I could not change at all and the worse thing is I wasn't even aware of it so I do understand when someone else is being discriminated for features that you mainly see in a specific race. If u were affected by it and decided that you do not want to accept the apology it's fine
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    Oof.

Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
    KkhElena said:
    nayla9 said:
    KkhElena said:
    nayla9 said:
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

But how was she racist afterwards? And again where am I excusing her? I simply said (still a bit unsure) that she apologized before and even here on this thread i think and that nobody should feel like they need to accept the apology if they didn't want to. I've been discriminated myself for features that I could not change at all and the worse thing is I wasn't even aware of it so I do understand when someone else is being discriminated for features that you mainly see in a specific race. If u were affected by it and decided that you do not want to accept the apology it's fine
    That's perfectly fine if she doesn't like my apology. I can only do better and learn from things I'm ignorant about. And no I did not make any excuses I never once said what I said was right and literally no one gave me a slide for my remark. I apologized learned why I was wrong and haven't said it again and try to be more vocal about being better. The only thing I said was I wasn't gonna stop taking about black appropriation and my past ignorance doesn't invalid what I been saying about black hair styles.Ā 
  • AriDollAriDoll Registered Users, Member 147 Posts
    Iā€™ve tried everything to break 50, only got one look that reached 50 and Iā€™m so sad cause I love this themešŸ˜­ just gonna start to play less and less until we get some answers and improvements.
    iOS user!Ā 
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    As an Asian person some of these comments y'all are throwing around are a little stinky.

Let me preface this by saying I know that I am not a representative of the entire continent of Asia and yes I am fully aware that just because *I* feel a way does not mean *everyone* else will.Ā 

Were Chars comments about the eyes distasteful? Yes. Did she apologize? Yes. Whether or not you want to accept her apology is up to you. Although if you're not Asian it's kind of weird for you to decide whether or not you accept it.Ā 

I think it's really Sus that some of y'all keep bringing it up now and every time the Q and A panel starts about non-Black dolls using Black features. It especially seems to increase when Char posts. I've seen a lot of comments in the vein of "well she's a racist even when she's talking about her Black experiences so maybe she shouldn't be racist because of that comment." (This is obviously paraphrasing.)

She apologized for her ignorant comment and since then I haven't seen her say anything else derogatory, which are literally the great first steps we want everyone to go through when they are "called out" and y'all keep dragging up this instance for what? Where do you wanna go from here? Is she supposed to preface every single comment with: Hey I said something ignorant, here's my apology now onto what I am here to comment about?????

NGL, the way some of y'all keep dragging this up does not feel genuine and very opportunistic *to me*. I think some of y'all rely way too heavily on your imagined Black Avengers. It is not their job to comment and correct on every single racial injustice, especially ones that involve other races.Ā 
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    I am reading these discussion and I dont know if my english is too poor but it seems like some people are not even reading what the other is saying, or there was just a bunch of misunderstandings, idk anymore
    IOS player
    šŸŒø be nice to each other šŸŒø