🗳️Weekday SYS 1/25/21 -Theme : Paris Street Style!

Comments

• brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    Romaki said:

It actually does mean people get less votes if some votes go to no one, that's how math works. 
    I feel like this was unnecessarily rude, but I dont get how we can be getting less votes if every look still gets voted 60 times. 
     I think they probably do this because there isnt enough looks to pair. No, I dont like the idea of bots in the voting booth but I dont think they are the reason for the decrease in scores, since we have seen them before the new sys format. It would make much more sense if the scores were rigged to make people buy more tickets
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • nhq1012nhq1012 Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    I really enjoy the theme. Here are my looks 🥰🥰🥰

• sandraliissandraliis Registered Users, Member 409 Posts
    Romaki said:
    This is actually not true. The old looks being in the booth also give a chance for higher average votes. With only real looks in the booth voting one look means minus one vote for the other look. With these 'bots' there's actually chance to get higher votes while not taking votes from anybody. Anyway, yes votes can also go into void, I can't fully comprehend it but it's hard to imagine it creates a noticeable disadvantage. What I mean is, on average we get paired a certain amount of times w looks that score better that ours and certain amount that score worse, the fact that nobody get's these votes doesn't actually mean anyone gets less. 

It actually does mean people get less votes if some votes go to no one, that's how math works. 
    @Romaki I thought I gave a pretty simple and easy to follow explanation but I guess your math works a little different and that's totally fine
     iOS 🇪🇪
    20 VIDEOS FOR EVERYBODY
  • LaneLaneLaneLane Registered Users, Member 258 Posts
    Finding out that there are essentially fake dolls in the voting booth has made me really disgusted at the whole process. Before when I would get a low score I could at least find solace in the fact that other dolls are probably sending out beautiful looks and it gave me something to strive towards. But now, there are just perfect dolls in the voting booth that don't get votes and are there simply to make it harder. We've seen examples of the dolls that are not real submissions, they are gorgeous! Glu isn't using clunkers as stand ins. 

It's like if I were on a dating app and there were fake profiles of super models. Unfair competition. I can't see why we need non-real dolls in the voting booth. We see from the TS that there are plenty of tickets being bought for submissions.

Other Girls GIF - Other Girls MariahCarey - Discover  Share GIFs
    Android Player. Galaxy S22
    Player since 2014 with some accidental resets. 
  • violettaelliotviolettaelliot Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    My looks 1-9. Currently at 7th in my group at gold tier. I hope my scores could picking up so i could get the hair, really love it because look so unique and cute.

• astaasta Registered Users, Member 669 Posts

all my scores were below 40, so I tried submitting some more “street” looks, and they scored better. idk if this could help anybody:)
  • sandraliissandraliis Registered Users, Member 409 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    Romaki said:
    I also want to highlight:

"It could happen to anyone and it shouldn’t give anyone an advantage or disadvantage over other players."

This is incorrect. If we ignore the competition side of SYS, adding "old looks from real players" means people get less votes on average. Ticket buyers are meant to have an advantage over other players in the competition, but when it comes to earnables you have given free players a disadvantage. Now we get less votes because a portion of the votes go to "old looks from real players" and thus become void. As you can see by everyone sharing their experience, earning the last earnable has become significantly more difficult opposed to non-free players.

I do understand the need for more activity in the voting booth, I do, but this does impact us and we've talked about this numerous times. I think we are all reasonable players here and we don't expect a wonder (even though we hope for it), but can't you just take this into consideration and maybe change the votes required for the earnables? Someone at Glu should be able to see how many dolls get the last earnable and how that changed from the old SYS system. Maybe we're wrong, but this forum documents the same thing happening over and over again.
    This is actually not true. The old looks being in the booth also give a chance for higher average votes. With only real looks in the booth voting one look means minus one vote for the other look. With these 'bots' there's actually chance to get higher votes while not taking votes from anybody. Anyway, yes votes can also go into void, I can't fully comprehend it but it's hard to imagine it creates a noticeable disadvantage. What I mean is, on average we get paired a certain amount of times w looks that score better that ours and certain amount that score worse, the fact that nobody get's these votes doesn't actually mean anyone gets less. 

But didn't everyone already conclude that votes are random / generated / standardized anyway?
    Tbh they really don't. Those same votes are being taken away from players. I mean if it wasn't like that less people wouldn't have a hard time breaking the 30s
    Could be true but here's another idea I had. The largest percentage of players are relatively new / with a very limited closet (judging by the voting booth and ts groups at least). So if the bot looks are taken randomly then most of them should be 'beginner' looks, which would actually be beneficial.

I think the reason for low scores is different. Could be bc algorithm pairs dolls that have similar / same scores. Or something along the lines that if you end up  being the popular pick the first time then you'll be paired w another popular pick and vice versa. These would explain how as a beginner you still mostly get scores in 30s. Anyway this seemed to be the case before and now it seems to have changed. My personal opinion is that the bot looks have nothing to do with the low scores (bc they have always been there but the scores have changed) I rather see it as a change in pairing algorithm or a score generating algorithm
     iOS 🇪🇪
    20 VIDEOS FOR EVERYBODY
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    brunakkh said:
    Romaki said:

I feel like this was unnecessarily rude, but I dont get how we can be getting less votes if every look still gets voted 60 times. 
     I think they probably do this because there isnt enough looks to pair. No, I dont like the idea of bots in the voting booth but I dont think they are the reason for the decrease in scores, since we have seen them before the new sys format. It would make much more sense if the scores were rigged to make people buy more tickets

I'm just making a statement, like I don't get why they had to target my post instead of making their own argument.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
    edited January 2021
    Romaki said:

@Romaki I thought I gave a pretty simple and easy to follow explanation but I guess your math works a little different and that's totally fine

You said there's not a noticable difference when everybody in this forum is literally getting less votes on average.

Let me repost from the last SYS:

I did the same thing last SYS. Having bots vote is not the problem. The problem is that bots are being entered in the competition.

Let's say all dolls have 5000 votes. If you divide them between 100 dolls, they average out to 50 votes each which should be what's happening since 45-55 is amount people should reach as an earnable requires that and it should be doable with all free tickets. 

But now you add like 30 bots for whatever reason, and that 5000 votes get divided between 130 participants. Surely adding less than one third can't hurt that much? Nope, now the average of votes is 38 and barely anyone earns the less earnable. 

-- You can argue that there are not that many bots, but don't overestimate the amount of active players either.
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    Chqrlotte said:
    AmyMimi said:
    I’m really enjoying this theme overall ! I haven’t scored in the 50’s yet but I’m not too bothered

@AmyMimi where are those thigh high boots in look 3 and 4 from? Are they available for diamonds?❤️👉🏻👈🏻
    @Chqrlotte I’m not sure what event specifically they’re from but yes they are available for diamonds. I got them in the VB awhile ago because they dye really well 😊👍

iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    I think they increased the amount of bots they use in the booth, most likely because more dolls are voting to try and earn diamonds and they see how much $$$ they can make. There are so many downloads (unsure the number of actual players) but if even half of those players bought triple threat, that is a lot of $$$. I just recently began seeing my own doll in the voting booth several times since the new sys format and before I never saw myself in the booth although I know others have. Only occasionally a few friends of mine would see my doll but it was sometimes after the look was 'finished' voting. I really just don't like the idea of bots being added to the booth because I thought it was mentioned before that the voting booth is completely random as to what dolls are up against each other, but I could be mistaken. If that is the case, we definitely have the possibility of losing and/or gaining a vote against a bot, depending what bot you are up against. It just seems like maybe they are using better, on theme bots which is why it is harder to reach last earnable and could be why the voting booth is more on theme lately. Maybe before most of the off theme looks were bots? I don't know but more clarification and a better voting system overall seems to be needed.
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    Grown up Kim Possibile, I loved the show so much ty @KKHLucy for the inspo 
    I love it 😍😍😍😍😍😍 your doll is so gorgeous!!
  • kkh_jjkkh_jj Registered Users, Member 131 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I did a bit of voting and found these beautiful looks 😍

Edit: I hadn’t seen that white jumper before and I’m in love 😍 by any chance, does anyone know from where is it from? I voted and couldn’t check :(
    🌸✨🌼
  • ChqrlotteChqrlotte Registered Users 832 Posts
    @AmyMimi Thanks, i might save up for them since they dye so well!😍
     ios player  ◡̈  free player
    🇳🇴
  • YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts

It’s been so nice to have a street style event. Regardless of my scores, I’m having blast styling my doll 🥰
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @Romaki I am not good at math, but I understood your post. However every look still gets voted 60 times so bots cant take away users votes, because it doesnt matter if its a bot or a player, there will still be 60 voting rounds, if more bots are added than more votes are added 
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • rikkksssrikkksss Registered Users, Member 401 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I was so excited for this event but my scores are horrible which is interesting bc I got 60 and high 50s last sys....🥺😭
  • YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @violettaelliot all your looks are FLAWLESS 
    where is this purse from ? I love it 😻 

• sariesarie Registered Users, Member 835 Posts

looks 5-8, the pink one ended being 47
    since im getting good scores im having more fun...whether i like it or not low scores are really discouraging 
    23yo🦙, 🇨🇿/🇬🇧, Android
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    brunakkh said:
    @Romaki I am not good at math, but I understood your post. However every look still gets voted 60 times so bots cant take away users votes, because it doesnt matter if its a bot or a player, there will still be 60 voting rounds, if more bots are added than more votes are added 
    I am not good at math either (I'm literally failing but it seems that it's a gene in my family) but even if more votes are added they seem to rarely go to the player. It seems as if whatever system that they're trying to implement barely works considering that many of us can easily say that they've had like 1 SYS w really good scores and 10 SYS a really shitty ones
    Honestly I think all our brains are fried because of math and bots. 😩

I'm pretty pessimistic towards the current state of SYS, but since Kalinda promises improvements in the long run I hope we can see some change in people's votes eventually. It's just baffling when people with good outfits get less than 30 votes.
  • asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    here are some of my favourite looks that I submitted, the voters didn’t seem to like them but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
    last look was inspired by @AguadeCoco 💓

iOS player
  • BenedettaKKHBenedettaKKH Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    YoMomma said:

It’s been so nice to have a street style event. Regardless of my scores, I’m having blast styling my doll 🥰
    Wow I really love that pink dress!!! Where is that from? Your doll look amazing 🤩 
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    A few more looks I loved from the VB:

As well as a few of my scores from this week. GLU has been nice to me this SYS:

• NikarafNikaraf Registered Users, Member 1,994 Posts

Hi everyone! First of all everybody looks absolutely STUNNING 🤩 Does anyone know how to style this skirt? Bc I literally have no idea how to style it. 
    Been actively playing since October 2020. 
    IOS free player / level 42
    Be kind to others 🤍
    brunakkh said:
    I am a mathematician and math teacher. If the looks GLU chooses are randomly sampled from all possible looks (some basic, some stunning), real player’s scores would not be affected. But if they are reusing stunning looks that score 45+ originally only, then you are competing against better looks more often, so real players’ scores would be lower. Really depends on who the bots are and how cute their outfits are.
    tortor said:
    brunakkh said:
    I am a mathematician and math teacher. If the looks GLU chooses are randomly sampled from all possible looks (some basic, some stunning), real player’s scores would not be affected. But if they are reusing stunning looks that score 45+ originally only, then you are competing against better looks more often, so real players’ scores would be lower. Really depends on who the bots are and how cute their outfits are.

Thanks for your input! From the Discord discussion it seems like looks are taken from old submission by active players and current looks dolls have at the moment. All of that should score lower, but I think there's also a random factor of a small portion of players voting randomly to get rewards.
    edited January 2021
    Romaki said:
    tortor said:
    brunakkh said:

Thanks for your input! From the Discord discussion it seems like looks are taken from old submission by active players and current looks dolls have at the moment. All of that should score lower, but I think there's also a random factor of a small portion of players voting randomly to get rewards.
    The bots I have personally seen were friends’ best looks from early in SYS popping up in the VB on the last day. But I saw on here that there are bots wearing looks that were never submitted to any SYS....hard to say how those would score.

it’s very obvious that something about the voting and scoring has changed though since I have gotten the earnables like every SYS since my first month or so and now all of the sudden, I’m getting 28 on on-theme, specialty item, beautiful looks lol 
  • SamanaKKHSamanaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,133 Posts
    looks 1-8 

the earnable pants are nice, i kinda wish we could get them without the heels 

✧ iOS user ✧
    Add me on Facebook here