🗳️🪐 KK:H 3/29/21 SYS Alien Invasion! (It's Outta This World!🚀)🗳️

Comments

• KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

hi🐞, i would just like to know why you felt the need to use a different skin tone, x

the way people continue to use POC hair and skin tone as an accessory is so sad. please, seek help.
    I am a POC myself...
    Seek help for what? Did you only play with barbie dolls of your skintone when you were growing up? Do you refuse to watch or play games that feature characters of other skintones than yours?

It's a game. Yall need to stop acting like a KIM k (lmao) digital avatar is a reflection of your reality. None of us have these items in our closets, none of us own that money properties or diamonds nor are we Kim K the appropriator's bffs in real life. 
    the way you said this like it was directed towards you. it wasn’t. it’s directed towards everyone who uses POC hair and skin tones during themes like this, disco, and wild life kinds of theme is upsetting. it rubs many POC off the wrong way.

the question is, why is it so difficult for people to use their own skin tone? playing as a doll of another race is weird to me. it’s crazy that people use the “it’s a game” excuse as it strengthens your argument. we will never be free from the clutches of this excuse.
    Uhm, it definitely was. Using darker skin tones specifically for wild life themes is definitely eyebrow raising but the queens of Disco were Donna Summer, Diana Ross. Gorgeous poc women who not only created a trend so powerful but also influenced clothing trend that is wildly referenced even until today. To pay tribute to them by trying to dress up as them is an uplifting, celebratory move. That's how I see things, at least.

Because this doll is not us? It IS a game. You can try modelling your doll's physicality on yourself but to expect every one to play the game like you...I dont think thats right too. To also assume my skin tone basing on an old (very old) screenshot I have as my avi is also nonsensical. 

That's not an excuse, it's a fact lol. Not many of us can relate to the majority of the things this game offers & its features. It is a form of escapism. Like most games. Like most toys. Do what you want with your game, with your digital avatar and let others play it the way they want to. Of course blatant racism should never be excused but to look for racism in places it doesnt exist does more harm than good.

If that's how you play, fair enough. But all of a sudden needing to change your skintone for specific SYS is straight up sus. Especially when they just so happen to be easily connected to stupid stereotypes (Btw. bringing the barbie dolls argument is really stupid bc in that case, the most I can do w a barbie doll is to make her bald)
  • PerfectionPerfection Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    kkhcarla said:
    i probably seem ungrateful but these sys scores are really disheartening 😩 i haven’t broken 40- and my looks have all been on theme? but then when another doll submits an off theme it scores 50+!? respectfully this shouldn’t be allowed, x

No Because that's exactly what's happening to me and it's so crazy! It feels like I'm not even been rewarded for trying!
  • PerfectionPerfection Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

hi🐞, i would just like to know why you felt the need to use a different skin tone, x

the way people continue to use POC hair and skin tone as an accessory is so sad. please, seek help.
    I am a POC myself...
    Seek help for what? Did you only play with barbie dolls of your skintone when you were growing up? Do you refuse to watch or play games that feature characters of other skintones than yours?

It's a game. Yall need to stop acting like a KIM k (lmao) digital avatar is a reflection of your reality. None of us have these items in our closets, none of us own that money properties or diamonds nor are we Kim K the appropriator's bffs in real life. 
    the way you said this like it was directed towards you. it wasn’t. it’s directed towards everyone who uses POC hair and skin tones during themes like this, disco, and wild life kinds of theme is upsetting. it rubs many POC off the wrong way.

the question is, why is it so difficult for people to use their own skin tone? playing as a doll of another race is weird to me. it’s crazy that people use the “it’s a game” excuse as it strengthens your argument. we will never be free from the clutches of this excuse.
    Uhm, it definitely was. Using darker skin tones specifically for wild life themes is definitely eyebrow raising but the queens of Disco were Donna Summer, Diana Ross. Gorgeous poc women who not only created a trend so powerful but also influenced clothing trend that is wildly referenced even until today. To pay tribute to them by trying to dress up as them is an uplifting, celebratory move. That's how I see things, at least.

Because this doll is not us? It IS a game. You can try modelling your doll's physicality on yourself but to expect every one to play the game like you...I dont think thats right too. To also assume my skin tone basing on an old (very old) screenshot I have as my avi is also nonsensical. 

That's not an excuse, it's a fact lol. Not many of us can relate to the majority of the things this game offers & its features. It is a form of escapism. Like most games. Like most toys. Do what you want with your game, with your digital avatar and let others play it the way they want to. Of course blatant racism should never be excused but to look for racism in places it doesnt exist does more harm than good.

you know you can dress up like them without changing ur skintone right...
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    Top 3 highest looks! 💜✨
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    Of course I did horribly last SYS so naturally my scores are better this time. So strange. I just really don’t want to hit a 60 😬 Don’t judge my space cowgirl look, we don’t have a space blaster so I used the megaphone to complete the look 😅

- Emmy
  • kkh893kkh893 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Does anyone know what happens if we don’t buy the outfit and hair when we meet with Misty?! I really don’t want to waste 160 kstars on a look I don’t really like!
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    @kkh893 nothing happens!!! It’s exactly  the same as buying it. it’s just GLU trying to get us to spend K stars on kloset items. You can buy the dress or hair at any point later because they are in the store. You can also choose to buy only one item if you like it. The bundle is not at a discount, the items will be available later, and the quest does not change if you do not buy the items.

hope this helps anyone who GLU is trying to scam out of your last few stars before this weekend 
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    edited March 2021
    @kkh893 i don’t think anything will happen if you don’t buy it. it’s just an optional thing 

edit: nvm i just found out in the update thread that you get an extra scene with the male alien but still i don’t think it matters too much if you don’t get it. 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • kkh893kkh893 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    @tortor @watermelonsugarhigh thank you!!💗 I didn’t know if we got a bonus or anything special but I’m definitely saving stars for something I really like☺️
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    @rikkksss thank you I’ve been looking at yours too! You deserve better scores 
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠
  • rikkksssrikkksss Registered Users, Member 401 Posts
    @xoxolovekay thank you 🥺💓
  • periimiaperiimia Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    After 60 I get low 40s 😒Then 50 🙃
  • MissMissy0717MissMissy0717 Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    My looks in order thus far in Gold 💚

Can’t complain. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    edited March 2021
    look 4-8. it feels good not stressing about making it to the last earnable this time. i’m just submitting whatever i want 

UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • lemonqueenlemonqueen Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Voting is rigged, this game is the worst.
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    1-9 
    probably missed a ticket.. couldnt care less. I am one week in gold and so over it, i dont know how you guys stay there and win stuff 🤷🏼‍♀️

Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • 𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗮𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗮 Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    hopefully i get a good score 😭

• nine40nine40 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    For the first time 

Plataforma: Android

• LorrycakesLorrycakes Registered Users, Member 4 Posts

🥺🥺🥺 Well it finally happened to me. Love this game but this sucks. 
  • kkhjuliakkhjulia Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    @YoMomma that dress is so cute! Your doll always serves 🤩
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    got my third ever 60. very bittersweet 🥲 can’t say i’m surprised though

Love your looks, your look deserved much more than 36!
    that 60 curse sucks so much, I miss times where there was no such thing as the “60 Curse”
  • melisaasprillamelisaasprilla Registered Users, Member 191 Posts
    dpeters said:
    What is up with all these low scores? Mine were exactly the average needed to get the last earnable with the 13 free tickets but last night they dropped and now I'm struggling even more.

Today I deleted a game I was playing as part of a double kstar offer because it kept getting more difficult to level up unless you bought stuff with real money so I got tired, KKH is starting to feel like this for me, particularly in SYS events. Whenever I get decent scores I get placed in an impossible TS group with a bunch of extreme ticket buyers and if I get placed on a "chill" group my scores are so low I still have to struggle to even get the second earnable. It's just not fun anymore and I don't know why I'm still here. Also, I don't know if anyone else feels like this but I needed to vent. 

I feel so identified with the last of this text.
    If my group is "Quiet" low scores.  But if I am in a crazy group.  My scores are the best.  But I didn't even make the top 10. 😕