Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Bugs bugs bugs

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey everyone! As I've stated many many times, we are working on bugs. One of the things I'd like to do is try and update yo uon the state of some of these bugs... like more that, "we're working on it". That is if they let me.

So, what I'd like is a list of the bugs that you are experiencing. Like you specifically because I also may contact you to ask about it.

Please refrain from just commenting for commenting's sake.... I'll address some of the ones I usually get.

No, I don't have a date to give you.
Yes, we are working on it
No, we have not discussed compensation yet
Yes we understand you lost cars and cash, you can try and contact Customer Service for them to investigate, but they would need specifics
No, we actually do try to help.

Okay, so what I need from you guys....

If you are experiencing bugs on multiple occasions, I want to know what it is. Try and be specific. "I'm crashing" won't help. "I'm crashing when I try launching/betting/installing a part" helps us. Try and answer Who, what, where, when and how.

You can use this:

Device:
Detailed Description of Issue(s):

I will be removing posts that are off topic and aren't specifically about a bug you are experiencing in order for me to better keep track of issues.

So far:

Launch button not working
Shift Button not working
NOS button not working
Chicken Out Cash not updating without reloading
-12, -3, -504 errors
Game Freezing on "Resolving Races"
Orange Bar of Death
Constant crashing on iPhone 4s
Lights and sounds not synced
Low Battery notification boots player
Car Rating not updating - needs restart
Best ETs not showing correctly
Timer runs down, no race, ends in loss
Cross finish first, opponent has 0 time, you lose
Not being able to view the Datsu in Showroom
Purchases Not Going Through
Freezing
Unable to Join Room - Not getting banned message
Unable to Load message
Account Update Issue

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• alejandr003alejandr003 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Well sometimes when I race it take me 3 hit for me to be able to launch or shift. I don't know if this happens to only me but it be nice to fix it.
    For sure happens everyday & it get me mad cause I lose race. & Android.
  • beanskibeanski Registered Users 61 Posts
    I also get failure to launch on the first press Maybe 1 out of 15-20 races. I'm on a Samsung galaxy note 2
  • drosendadrosenda Registered Users 3 Posts
    The cash statistics get messed up when people 'chicken out' and the money gets returned to your SN. It's like not all listed. If I kill the AP, and reopen it's all there.

Also, no leaderboard bonuses?
    OHHHH yes I forgot about the cash thing way take my money
  • Jumpshift144Jumpshift144 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Ohk i will be as concise as I possibly can.I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 With android 4.1.2 (GT-P3110) and my crashes are very random,as in it happens practically anytime,during races and before races mostly.as the game opens i can do one race perfectly then it tries to load another player that i selected to race then it crashes.The newer cars from the Datsun 510 do not display as well as the Subara Impreza 2006.ign is Jumpshift 144 thanks
    Yeah he is describing same thing & if anyone want a Paganii got plus maxed plus 375k rims
  • AllaynaAllayna Registered Users 533 Posts
    Using iPAD Mini. iOS 7.1.2. Model MD531LL/A. Have over 9gig free of space. I've completely wiped it. I've uninstalled / reinstalled the app a many of times. No changes there. Played fine before the 1.6 update.

I crash constantly. Randomly after a race, in a lobby, trying to watch videos, in garage scrolling through cars or just upgrading. It has happen, but usually not during a race. I crash more while chat windows is open and chatting. I crash always when looking through garages. Can't scroll more than 4/5 cars before I crash.

I could keep a more detailed log if it would help any. But it will be long. Just in the last 10mins, I crashed 5 times. I usually can't go more than 3/4 races before a crash.

I also often get the 0.0 countdown and have to restart. Randomly, I'll accept a challenge and then timer will just count down to 0 and never comes out of it. Have to restart.

Also if I go to take a new pic for a in game photo it always crashes instantly.

The end. Be happy to help in any way to resolve the crashing!

• OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    iPhone 5s with the latest update. I have the launch button failure but seems worse on pinks or bets so I stopped. Timer counting down to zero and nothing happens after that, I have to restart the game twice. Parts I install then leave the game. When I come back the parts aren't installed but shows I bought them. Also I have trouble challenging people on occasion. Not just random but 5 or 6 in a row. I wait to be challenged, race and then I can challenge again. That's about all I have.
  • angiebearangiebear Registered Users 25 Posts
    Nexus 5
    Biggest issue for me is when people challenge me and I accept. It times out then I have to kill the app, load it to step 5 but it gets stuck there so i have to kill the app again and sometimes it loads my garage, sometimes I have to kill it for the third time for it to work again. This mostly happens when I've been playing the game for quite a bit. Sometimes the words get pixelated forcing me to restart the game. The game crashes when I'm looking through other people's garages that have 100+ cars. Also the car's best times are never the same, always up and down. That's all I could think of right now. Hope this helps.
  • Peanut RacingPeanut Racing Registered Users 483 Posts
    Iphone 5 32gb (more than enough space) Restart for game update after pink races. Never during reg race. Launch button fails MOSTLY during pink races, Hardly ever on free races. Nos constantly fails on pink races. No allert for engine damage after pink races. Constant -3 restart error if the opponent has a slower connection during pinks, With this i restart and whether i win or lose i come back and still have my car. Constant time out to 0.0 on pinks causing me to lose my car. Crash after EVERY race on iPad mini. I experience a lot of these issues because i ONLY RACE PINKS. There is no other point to game is i cant do so without bugs.
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    No launch happens more when boosting. This is everyone in the game not just any certain devise. I have found that if I turn my thumb in a uncomfortable state to press down FIRMlY as if I was being booked at the police station. I will actually get a launch. But then if it launches then the rev slams frist gear stuck. Pressing the shifter repeatly to switch gears. From my experience. You need to ex large the area around the launch , nos , right side shifter sensors. Make it more responsive to lighter touch. So we can resume racing with are fingers relaxed. I loved playing on my iPad Airs. It's the newest technology of iPads by Apple. What it looks like you didn't make two lay outs like you once had for the iPhone vs the iPads. It's looks as if you made one lay out for all devises. So now the iPad looks like it's ment for some 80 year old. Now that being said. The controls are huge. Making it impossible to hold in my palms to reach the controls. The nos button is less then 2 inch from the top of the screen when the shifter is 7 + inches below. This is been so fustrating for everyone I know that enjoys the iPads. Now from iPhone to iPad. There is a major lag of difference. Reaction times on iPad to iPhone are so way off from one another. I can race my nismo on the iPad and have to release sooner for my rev drop technique and launch ahead of the green to go. If I race the same car same account on my phone I have to release later then the iPad and launch on green to go. That's just a few. I'll try to collect more info from the angry mobs on FB
  • DingusDingus Registered Users 329 Posts
    The chicken out cash happens a lot to me and other users that I know. When we race someone, and raise to let's say 100k, and the other player chickens out, the 100k dissapears from our total amount of money at the top. This happening, results in me and fellow users having to relaunch the app completely and let it get deposited back into our accounts. Not a huge issue, but thought it should be said. Thanks for your time
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    When building cars. You have to reload app to see changes. If you enter race lobby yes it goes to what you upgraded. Except it's just annoying that you can't tune properly without restarting after each upgrade
  • justwonderingjustwondering Registered Users 135 Posts
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2
    -12 restart errors quite a bit at almost all parts of the game sometimes even in the middle of a race.
    Throttle/Gas pedal not responding or responds until lights actually start dropping then dies before launch. N20 button fails on occasion the same way others are describing.
    The orange bar of death while connected to WiFi (this issue has seemed to have slowly gotten better but still happens).
    Game freezes after a race or during a challenge (the list of racers still scrolls through at the bottom when this happens though almost as if everything in the background remains unfrozen).
    The car ratings not updating is a dead horse, I won't beat on it or the rest of the other stats that do not seem to update correctly or require a re-log.
    Best E/T displayed in garage is almost always wrong (I believe that's been talked about as well)
    This isn't a bug persay but not being able to remove any of the conversions (nitrous turbo supercharger) is well.... ya know
    Not out for compensation but if I were... we would be talking about Nitto Legends and the money I spent in that game (awesome game btw)
    Dodge still owns SRT however the Vipers were not allowed in the Dodge Event but Acuras were in the JDM extravaganza??? hmmm....

Hope some of this is helpful... I'm not looking to gripe too hard on you guys but some of this does get ridiculous. I am still paying money in the game here and there but am reserving larger purchases for when/if it gets sorted out.

My name in the game is :JUSTINBOOST88 if you need it for anything
    GOOD LUCK DEVS!

• NiNja da HatchieNiNja da Hatchie Registered Users 715 Posts
    iPhone 4 16gb... When I click to repair my vehicles, after paying with cash, the prompt that shows you how long it will take just stays on my screen but it's blank. I can navigate through the menus but that is hovering directly in the center of the screen and I have to restart. Happens usually when the car takes so much damage that HP is lost. Also, my message to you yesterday about my messages not working, no worries. I guess it seemed to have worked its self out.
  • trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    IPhone 4s since the last update i cant race or really do anything or the game crashes. Cant go to a race lobby or even look at my friends list. Can get to my garage but if i try to change parts or upgrade it will crash also.
  • kruller1kruller1 Registered Users 184 Posts
    Ryyst I posted on the "Account update issue" thread. I actually read that one first and seen you ask for info.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Is anyone still experiencing the constant Account Update message after each race?
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• NJFINESTNJFINEST Registered Users 252 Posts
    Iphone 4s unable to get to garage and it crashes ever since last update / javelin event
  • HOLDYNPLANTHOLDYNPLANT Registered Users 64 Posts
    The main bug that has happened to me is a bet a guy for pinks and my car definitely crossed the finish line before him, but on the next screen where it shows the time it said he got 0.00 seconds. i'm not sure if its a bug or a hacker but i lost one of my maxed Dodge Dart Rallyes and would really like this to get fixed. Also some of the car stats are messed up in the garage, it keeps saying my Scion FR-S runs a 15 when it actually runs low 10s. Please Fix. Im on a Android ( Samsung Galaxy S4). Thanks.
  • turboeg693turboeg693 Registered Users 244 Posts
    Every time I play and about to start to race i get the loading screen before the race an the timer goes to 0.0 and stays there. Then I gotta restart my app like 4 times before I can get into the game again
    I got an account update yesterday. But wasn't to bad. Happened only once compared to having it 10x a day
    Can you guys fix the constant app crashes. Especially on apple products
  • protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    I can also vouch that money straight up disappears!!!!!!!!!! I won like $20,000 and somehow lost $10,000 in the negative. So basically my bank was off big time.
  • Trini_Tuner_868Trini_Tuner_868 Registered Users 580 Posts
    • Game needs to be restarted after installing parts for correct rating
    • Random error messages during races, causing app to shut down. "Unable to complete action. -3 -12 error" When restarting after crash, takes approximately 2 restarts due to game freezing on "resolving races"
    • RRC does not display correct amount when betting, winning cash. A restart always seem to restore correct amount.
    • Approximately 35% of races, Launch, Nos, or Shift, or combination of all will fail. Double tapping launch seems to help but hard to get used to.
    • Constant crashing while viewing garages in friends list.
    • Lights and sounds still not synced
    • Low battery notification causes race to forfeit, and boots user back to home screen.

Device: iPad Air

• OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Yea I forgot about first gear getting stuck and losing races I should easily win.
  • SS SPEED SHOPSS SPEED SHOP Registered Users 37 Posts
    iPhone 5s, latest update, Some random crashing when using chat or switching rooms Occasional freezing during challenges ( both sent and received Annoying but not critical. Largest problem is during pink or money challenges, 9 out of 10 times the launch button does not function with initial tap I've run the same people several times in a row and had no issue, until pinks or money is introduced, then fail to launch
  • SS SPEED SHOPSS SPEED SHOP Registered Users 37 Posts
    Also I have the same problem with parts installation not regeristing the power rating correctly until app is force closed and restarted
  • M76M76 Registered Users 50 Posts
    Galaxy tab 3 4.4.2
    after excepting challenge from oponent timer counts down to 0 need to restart 3 times happens quite often jurring turfs
    Cannot view datsun ( not that i want one ) in showroom or lobbys, cant view wrc2001 turf car in garage but can view it in upgrade section and I get black screen with just the lights , tac, pedals when I do race it