Adding Friends & The Benefits

SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
Connected.pngAdding Friends & The Benefits Connected.png

For your convenience, 3 "adding friends" threads have been added to this forum. These threads are for finding players for in game friends where you can add your GameCenter, Facebook or Google+ name to the post for others to add you and vice versa.
Devices

~ GameCenter ~

When adding friends for Apple devices you must sign into the GameCenter app on your device. You can add friends by going into the GameCenter app, tapping on the "Friends" icon at the bottom, then tap the "+" symbol in the top right corner. When adding players, they must have the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood app in order for them to be added to your contacts list in the game. You can find names in the KKH Game Center Friends post.
Note: If you play the Mac version you can only connect with other Mac players.

You may also add Facebook friends on your Apple device. You must have the Facebook app downloaded onto your device.
~ Google+ ~

If you are an Android/Kindle player, you can also connect with players via Google+. You can do this by following them and receiving a follow back. Once you are both following each other you must add each other to Circles in order for friends to show in your contacts. You can find players seeking friends in the KKH Android & Kindle Friends post.

~ Facebook ~

Adding friends for Android & Kindle devices you must connect your game to Facebook by signing in via the Friends tab on your contacts, which is the phone icon. When adding players for these devices you must be friends with them on Facebook in order for them to be added to your contacts list in the game. Android/Kindle players can find friends in the KKH Android & Kindle Friends post.

Playing KKH on Facebook on the computer. It has the same concept as Android/Kindle players but your friends must play the Facebook version on the computer in order for them to show in your contacts. Facebook players can find friends in the KKH Facebook Friends post.

NOTE: Android/Kindle and Apple players cannot connect within the game. They run on different servers.
Benefits

Having real-life friends on your contacts list, you can call them to co-star with you while on projects to gain co-star points. This will reward you with Energy, XP and Stars.

You can send and receive a variety of clothing and accessories to each other but it does cost in game cash and stars but some are cheaper than you buying clothing/accessories for yourself.

It is possible to date and even marry your GameCenter, Facebook or Google+ friends too! The advantage of dating a friend is that they reward you with more fans than that of an in-game character. If you happen to run into a GameCenter, Facebook or Google+ contact in the game you can say "Hello" to them to receive a small amount XP.

Potential Issues

Sometimes things glitch in the game and this applies for friend activities too. It is possible to experience the following problems;

There is no way to delete friends immediately. While they disappear after some time, they will stick to your contacts list until the game chooses to.

You also may not be able to co-star or date with certain friends if they have been inactive for too long.

Your friends may also change appearances in the game, which has been reported as a connection issue.

Lastly, if you are having trouble sending gifts to friends, that may also be a connection issue.
Prev13

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    When it comes to dating friends, your data is different. Meaning: you can date the friend but they wouldn't know via the game and it doesn't show in the friend's game, unlike Stardom: The A List. The two games are completely separate. If you do date your friend, it will not show in their game either or vice versa :)

No if he dates other characters in the game he will not lose any star power or fans or anything :) But if he dated two in-game characters and reached a milestone with one of them, and then dated someone else, they will call to break up. :3
  • OoshOosh Registered Users 23 Posts
    Meghindo wrote: »
    What is the max and what does the max DO when it comes to professional relationships? Currently in a professional relationship with a facebook friend, A lister , and our level is @ 1082 / 2000 and I was wondering what's the max and why am I getting out of it? As I said, allready an A lister so it's not like i'm getting more fans since the counter stops at 50 mill

"Having real-life friends on your contacts list, you can call them to co-star with you while on photoshoots to gain co-star points which will reward you with Energy, XP and Stars."

If this is like Stardom, 2000 is probably the max. But why dont you get there yourself and let us know what it is when you do since you are an A lister with 50mil fans.
  • Yannie1010Yannie1010 Registered Users 102 Posts
    2000 isn't the max yet; I am at 2006/3000 with someone I am dating so far.
    Once you get to 2000 they have a bubble that says I love you, with you replying i love you too.
    Game center: Yannie1010
    {A-lister and #1 on KKH; I love sending gifts}
  • OoshOosh Registered Users 23 Posts
    Yannie1010 wrote: »
    2000 isn't the max yet; I am at 2006/3000 with someone I am dating so far.
    Once you get to 2000 they have a bubble that says I love you, with you replying i love you too.

she said professional relationship meaning network im guessing. relationships would definitely go more.
  • Yannie1010Yannie1010 Registered Users 102 Posts
    Oh dang aha; I totally missed that part
    Game center: Yannie1010
    {A-lister and #1 on KKH; I love sending gifts}
  • TeraB!TeraB! Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have a question, i have added people on FB and I am logged into facebook via the game and it has been almost a week and it still says i have no friends! I don't understand, i know that it sometimes takes a while but a whole week seems like quite a while, should i keep waiting or is something going wrong??
  • HelenaHandbasketHelenaHandbasket Registered Users 4 Posts
    TeraB! wrote: »
    I have a question, i have added people on FB and I am logged into facebook via the game and it has been almost a week and it still says i have no friends! I don't understand, i know that it sometimes takes a while but a whole week seems like quite a while, should i keep waiting or is something going wrong??

Same here. It has been a week and none of my friends are showing up. I should have a pretty full list since I've been adding FB friends right and left for this game.
    Hmm the facebook connection sounds as though it's taking a while to catch up. If you are playing on iOS device, it is no longer possible to connect via that. You always try reconnecting facebook.
  • TeraB!TeraB! Registered Users 2 Posts
    I've tried that it still isnt working?
    Contact the team via their Support Page and explain the issue clearly and of course state your device and game :) It may be a connection glitch that they may need to address.
  • MenekaaaMenekaaa Registered Users 2 Posts
    My cousin just got the game and is an E lister and I'm an A lister and I was wondering how we can meet up and see each other in the game like "say hello" and "give gift" I know we can technically have each other in photoshoots but it doesn't appear on the others screen. But is there anyway that I can show up on her screen when I'm like actually there??
    Think I just answered a post you have done about this xD

There isn't way you can meet up sadly other than dating/co-starring with friends. If you wanna see them in the game but outside of projects and dates, it's just pot luck really. If you travel around each location and go into each building you will come across them eventually to say Hi to get that free xp and stuff :)
  • nikisparklesnikisparkles Registered Users 2 Posts
    i hope they get the FB thing worked out soon, i really wanna be able to do projects with my sister :D
  • RhonaleeRhonalee Registered Users 53 Posts
    There needs to be a different way then Facebook for Android users. Not everyone has Facebook. If Apple has a game center then Android needs to get it together, or GLU TEAM if you read this please add another way for Android users. Also why do you have Google + but no activity on it??? That used to be a way to add friends. As that is how I added someone, now its down or no activity. Odd. Oh well, guess I will keep calling my ONE friend to my gigs..hahahahaha
    I completely agree! The Stardom: Hollywood community have said this for well over a year now.

I think it should be made possible for Android users to connect via google+ as you say :)
  • patricia/bearpatricia/bear Registered Users 4 Posts
    I have been having the same issue with both iPad and android. It let me add a few to each(3) to be exact but no more are showing up.... I've looked everywhere for help on this
  • patricia/bearpatricia/bear Registered Users 4 Posts
    I completely agree! The Stardom: Hollywood community have said this for well over a year now.

I think it should be made possible for Android users to connect via google+ as you say :)

You can connect with google+
    I am aware you can connect via google+ but up until recently you couldn't xD It was implemented after I had replied :3

If you are trying to add players via facebook using an Apple device, it will not work sadly. Glu have changed their servers so Android can only connect with other Android players and Apple device can only connect with other apple players via Gamecenter.

As for your android game, the facebook friends do take some to show up in the game, another reason why there should be another platform for Android's connecting with friends, as facebook seems to take forever to synced up with the game :/ Hopefully the newly implemented option of google+ can keep up :3

I know the servers are currently down at glu so this could be causing your friend issues too ^_^
  • 311peaceout311peaceout Registered Users 1 Posts
    so i've had a problem with my friend and game center. we've added each other, and we show up in each other's friends list on game center. when i pull up the kim k game, i can see her in my friends list, but she can't see me in her friends list. any solutions?
    Hmm I think this is down to glu again and their server connection issue. Your friend could always try disconnecting GC from the game and signing out of it then signing back in and reconnecting to the game to see if that refreshes the connection :)
  • XXYYXXXXYYXX Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have a problem where I am in a relationship with my friend and only want it to be business, however when I break up with them, we are back together within 3 minutes or so. I have broken up with them several times and every time we end up back together. Is there anything I can do to stay broken up so I can go on photoshoots etc with them and have it count?
    This is a glitch that has been around for too long :/ There isn't anything you can do. You should be able to co-star with them and that should change them to a network contact, but you will not gain any co-star rewards with them sadly.
  • JodieAJodieA Registered Users 1 Posts
    E366FCC3-460B-44E4-B5F5-472978B7DBCA add me
    JodieA wrote: »
    E366FCC3-460B-44E4-B5F5-472978B7DBCA add me

No one can add you via the id code. That is for the team if you need technical assistance. You can only add players via gamecenter if playing on an apple device or facebook if playing on an Android device
  • g-spotg-spot Registered Users 7 Posts
    Hi, I have an issue with the friend list, yesterday I add people from Facebook and Google+ but today I can't see them on the friend list, its like I've never add someone, and it has passed like 24 hours since I add them, do you know if they are going to fix this problem soon or they will appear eventually? And the curious thing is I add the same people and they appeared really fast in Stardom, but they still doesn't appear on KKH.
  • AstanleyAstanley Registered Users 1 Posts
    How do I go on dates? Plus I don't have Facebook acct either but I do have contacts
  • RhonaleeRhonalee Registered Users 53 Posts
    I just read under the "benefits" that the clothing would be less to gift then what you would usually buy for it yourself (loosely quoted) that is not true as I went to gift my friend a necklace that would cost me $400 still cost me $400 to gift her?? So do I have a glitch?
  • Newnick9Newnick9 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Ok so I added a friend on gc and it won't show up in the game! I checked like 10 times she has the game and I have already added another friend and she shows up in game... Why doesn't the first one show up?! I'm so angry... I closed the app and opened it.. I closed gc and opened it... I closed the ipad and opened it... WHAT ELSE?! Help please!!
  • Mel12313Mel12313 Registered Users 2 Posts
    For some reason it won't let me connect to Facebook is this the only way I can date on the game?
  • BananaBanana Registered Users 1 Posts
    Me and my friend have both signed into Facebook on the game, but can't see each other on the friends tab on the mobile?