Options

Help. New Ipad what do I do?

Hi. I guess all my complaining about my iPad Gen 1 can't update the latest version of the game paid off. I just got an iPad 4. So.......... What do I do to get my game transfered from one device to the other? I don't want to start a new game, I have a lot of clothes, homes and stuff..... and friends have gifted me clothes I can't even claim because I can't do the update of the game.

So....you are talking to the most un-tech person in the world. Can somebody talk me through what to do? I am thinking that if I save the old game to the icloud, then I can load it? Do I download the game first? Do I use an apple version of Kies (file manager for Samsung Android?) I would feel better putting the existing game on my computer first, in case the cloud thing doesn't work.

So, would someone, talking in easy to understand language help me out with is? I am so freaking excited. Oh, and I can't decide to start another game on the new ipad, and play two games, but I am handing down my old IPad to another family member.

Thanks for everyone's help in this, should I be asking support(?). or is this such a simple thing I'm showing my lack of computer skills?
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    PabloPicassoPabloPicasso Registered Users 55 Posts
    I think you download the game on the new iPad and log in with your existing Game Center user I.D. well that's how android works with Goodle+ and the play store.
    Picasso baby!
  • Options
    OoshOosh Registered Users 23 Posts
    There is a handy stickied thread on this forum here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game

See if it works.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Lol, it confused me. lol. this is gonna take a while. I have to think first, but I really want to find and screencap my build tag for that game incase I need it. :) Thanks, and keep your fingers crossed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    oh, I think this helps a lot. So, I can set up my new iPad using my main apple id, and then download the game, and login with my game center id, that has a different apple id.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    What you should do if if the Transferring files is confusing is; back up your old ipad with the game on to itunes. Then once it's done connect your new ipad to the computer and in itunes click Restore from backup. It will put everything that you backed up onto the ipad and it should do game data :)
  • Options
    What I couldn't figure out in half a day, my boyfriend (geek) came in, took both ipads, and 5 minutes later it was all done. I am loving the game now that I a) have a new iPad and b) got the update. So now, instead of being mad GLU dropped the generation 1 update, it made me acquire a new one. I'm very happy now. Thanks for your help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary