Options

Update made my love interest break up with me

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
I have been steadily dating a player (real friend) and I was excited to see the new update included a wedding and stuff. I was playing this morning, b4 the update, and I got a call to go on a date with my boyfriend. I accepted and it said I had 10 hours to complete it. No sweat. I did the update, and the little box to date within 9+ hours had disappeared, and I immediately got a call from my boyfriend breaking up with me, unless I paid 18 Stars. I only have 19, so I got po'd and accepted the break up.

I am really ticked. I had so much invested in it, and now the update breaks me up while I still had over 9 hours to complete the date?

Help. What do I do? And I have 2 other devices playing the game, when I turn them on this morning will the same thing happen to those two romances?

Any advice would really help. Think customer care will fix this? They take forever for the important things. Something like this will be an eternity. :(
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Omg I haven't updated yet. I'm already at max dating level with my game bf. Don't want to break up!
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • Options
    why not take a screenshot before you update, with your relationship grade showing, (in friends tab) and then if anything happens take another screenshot. You can send them to support and I guess something will be done, but by the time it gets fixed you'll have moved on.
    Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RobotChickenRobotChicken Registered Users 6 Posts
    Or just backup your game before updating..... Customer support can't give you back your dates.
  • Options
    Thanks, but my game updated before I even knew about it. And my progress with them is still there, just now there is a broken heart. So, It's absolutely provable. And my advice would be if you have a timer for your next date to occur - take the date asap, and before shutting down. Because if you open up and the update has occured - that date window might have closed. If so, call your date back for a date before they break up with you.

I don't want this to happen to other people. Repeating - I think it was the open date countdown that glitched out like that. I've done other updates without being broken up, so that's my opinion.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    I got dumped as well and now I have two people with broken hearts and have to start ALL over again! ):
  • Options
    RobotChickenRobotChicken Registered Users 6 Posts
    oh I wasn't saying back up to you kokokokonut. I was replying to sassi. sucks you lost your game.
  • Options
    ThegameneedsmeThegameneedsme Registered Users 6 Posts
    I never paid the stars and always accepted the break up. As long as I took them on dates again being dumped didn't effect me. Just take them on dates and you should be okay... Worked for me anyways...
  • Options
    Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    You can't take the person on a date if they're broken up lol
  • Options
    ToxicUnicornsToxicUnicorns Registered Users 25 Posts
    That happened to me too. It was either break up or pay 62 stars. All I did was force close the game & take him on a date as soon as I opened it. Wallah, we're still together.
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Awww this sucks so much :( I'm glad I'm not seriously dating anyone yet in KKH! I'm so sorry to read about your losses and kokokokonut thanks for sharing and warning other players!

Hopefully what worked for you, ToxicUnicorns (love the name btw xD), works for everyone else :3
    I never paid the stars and always accepted the break up. As long as I took them on dates again being dumped didn't effect me. Just take them on dates and you should be okay... Worked for me anyways...

You cannot date someone who has broken up with you unless you pay a 1 off payment of stars to patch things up with them :3 My guess would be you are experiencing a wonderful dating glitch if you can ^_^ There was a few of them in Stardom too so it wouldn't surprise me if they are in KKH :)
  • Options
    ok - how do you force close? That probably would have worked for me. as well. oh well, I chose another friend, but there should be some way of getting the broken heart reversed, without bankrupting our stars. The game is so perverse when it comes to dating. how about spending 20 energy to fix the relationship? That would be resonable.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    You can force close on an apple device by doing the following:
    1. Double click the Home button (□) quickly- A panel with a window will appear (pictured below)

83c4f957-40ad-45db-ac2e-bf5607e19de7_zpsaed40518.jpg

2. Swipe the window(s) up starting from the app icon
    3. Tap the Home screen or Home button (□) to return your home screen

Then you can just relaunch as normal. For android devices you will have to refer to the devices manual or googling it :D

As for there being another way: this is just how it's always been in the stardom games :/ I do agree that when it comes to dating friends you shouldn't have to pay the star price. This should be exclusive to in-game characters.