Options

Tips and tools to build energy!!

sheida10sheida10 Registered Users 4 Posts
When I first start playing the game I noticed that when a gig was up, and upon exiting I get another call for another gig. So I came up with a method. After your gig is complete, don't leave just stay as long as you want, and then when y our energy is full, you can complete your next gig, or go on a date whenever you want. http://ggnbb.glu.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Comments

• Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    When you get a call regarding another project you don't have to hide in the studio of your last project xD You can just exit, accept the call and start it when your energy is totally refilled :3 Just because Simon calls to say a project is ready, there is no need to start it right away :)
  • Options
    sheida10sheida10 Registered Users 4 Posts
    True and I do that also... Oh how do you handle "Willow"?
  • Options
    Helene ScottHelene Scott Registered Users 23 Posts
    I'm always polite to willow just because it isn't worth it. I'd rather beat her in fan numbers than cuss her out and lose fans.

When I'm in LA I find doing a few circuits of 'beverly- downtown - hollywood- LAX' tapping all the extra spots as I go can up my energy really quickly and in the end only costs a few dollars.
  • Options
    I never waste my time on her xD I just let her loss her temper so she looks like a fool and I remain as cool as a cucumber :o

Tapping rewards from tappables, goals and actions before they vanish shortens the energy regeneration time. One reward cuts 5 seconds. So it's handy when you are in a rush to get a refill :)
  • Options
    Does energy load at the same rate when the timer's no longer displayed? I'm never sure if it's quicker to spend energy or just leave it to load fully while doing a project. But yeah, I suppose with the -5 second rule it would be beneficial. I just love leaving dates midway through to punch pigeons for energy, haha. I feel like Ray Powers should be onto my odd behavior.
  • Options
    Yes it does :) It takes 5 minutes for 1 energy point to regenerate. Leaving it to load is the best thing to do tbh. Just make sure to check back every 2/3 hours depending on your energy level when doing projects :3

But of course collecting rewards is another way to regain energy. They both work just one requires time management and the other requires moving around a lot and of course this costs cash.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks! That's good to know, waiting for it to fully load and then using it is a good way to break up assignment-writing-boredom.
  • Options
    No problemo :3 Definitely! You can get on with other stuff for 2 and half hours :3 It flies by xD
  • Options
    ElleBoubierElleBoubier Registered Users 52 Posts
    I've found the best way to recharge energy is to go around tapping things. I will leave jobs and dates and travel around just for this purpose. It's best in LA because you can hit a lot of places without spending a lot of money.

I go from Downtown > Beverly Hills > Hollywood > LAX and back again. You can tap for rewards every 2 minutes so by the time I get back around I can tap again. I usually go in the restaurants 2-3x each visit, to bump into people to chat and build relationships. Plus more things to tap helps speed up the energy recharge.

This may sound expensive, but since you also collect money along with the energy and XP from tapping things, it almost pays for itself.

If I'm really close to finishing a job and have lots of extra cash I'll also add Calabasas (even Miami and Vegas) into my trip. I even fly back to LAX from overseas in the middle of projects sometimes just to collect energy if I'm really trying to finish ASAP, like when there's a time limit goal to complete 3 things in 24 hours or something.

I can nearly refill my energy meter (34!) just by mindlessly tapping around for 20-30 minutes while watching TV or whatever. It helps to finish jobs and dates so much faster, especially when I am trying to finish one with 5 stars before I go to bed!
    Always looking for new KKH friends~add Elle Boubier on Google+!
  • Options
    ^ Haha, that's exactly what I do, and yeah, especially before going to bed! I once flew from Aus to LA to do a few circuits and max out my energy.

I think Simon had one of those useless calls for me as well, where he keeps calling you to go to his office and then he says 'this guy want's you to do a job'. Okay, Simon you couldn't say that on the phone? You're my manager, you knew I was on the other side of the world? So it was good to get that out of the way.

Simon: You need to be in Florence ASAP!
    Simon once you hang up: Come by my office!

such a chump.
  • Options
    Yeah we touched on the tapping objects, collecting rewards to refill energy :)

Thanks for sharing your little strategy ElleBoubier :3 Everybody has their own little ways which is so interesting to read ^_^