Options

Ad popped up at end of job, stole my payout

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
I am ready to spit bullets. I worked all morning on an 8 hour fashion show, when it was over, candy appeared on the screen, and before I could grab any......some effing ad for another Glu game popped up on the screen, when my game came back, the show was still over, but I didn't get any payout whatsoever. I had 185 towards the boots, the payout said 30 candies plus 7 bonus or something, I'd easily get the boots, and now it's just gone. Plus I am back about 35 points I am so mad I want to walk away and never come back. I am so annoyed. ok, so throw the ads in when the screen changes like going outside, or flying somewhere, not while you're still in the building trying to collect your stuff. At first I didn't worry, I was sure it would be in my 'bank' when I got back - the old "You don't HAVE to pick up your things, it just makes it go faster" is BS. I am tracking how many candy points I have. I write down what device is doing what (playing 3 games/devices) to keep it straight, and before the final task I wrote down 185 because I wanted to see what an 8 hour gig actually got. I sent a support ticket. Now I hear the boots became ankle boots? I need thigh high boots people.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Registered Users 107 Posts
    I am ready to spit bullets. I worked all morning on an 8 hour fashion show, when it was over, candy appeared on the screen, and before I could grab any......some effing ad for another Glu game popped up on the screen, when my game came back, the show was still over, but I didn't get any payout whatsoever. I had 185 towards the boots, the payout said 30 candies plus 7 bonus or something, I'd easily get the boots, and now it's just gone. Plus I am back about 35 points I am so mad I want to walk away and never come back. I am so annoyed. ok, so throw the ads in when the screen changes like going outside, or flying somewhere, not while you're still in the building trying to collect your stuff. At first I didn't worry, I was sure it would be in my 'bank' when I got back - the old "You don't HAVE to pick up your things, it just makes it go faster" is BS. I am tracking how many candy points I have. I write down what device is doing what (playing 3 games/devices) to keep it straight, and before the final task I wrote down 185 because I wanted to see what an 8 hour gig actually got. I sent a support ticket. Now I hear the boots became ankle boots? I need thigh high boots people.

I feel your frustration with those ads. As far as the boots, I believe they're still thigh high... Not that this matters, this whole event is testing A LOT OF NERVES. It really needs to be addressed.... Soon.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of buying something that says "Will remove Ads", simply because they're annoying, but It popped up before I was done in the studio screen. Didn't click to change clothes, or leave, just went to pick up my candy and bam...up pops that ad. Thanks for the support. It helps, and Darn it, my ipad got the boots, my Samsung is working on them, but it was the Android Tablet that got mugged. sigh, I'm working more, let's see what happens. UGH. In real life, I have those exact looking boots in purple suede. Thats why my games need them. Darn it though, she looks better in them. lol.

ETA: aparently when the ad popped me out, it sent me back a little. because when I went back to play again it gave me a choice of 2 profiles, and one was where before the event, or the one saved when I was just in. I picked wrong and now I am stuck in the one that crashed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Mimi7Mimi7 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Same thing happened to me this morning... i didnt get a chance to grab my candy before the ad popped and it never gave me my payoff. The sad part is i used k stars to finish the job in time.its like u can never get ahead.. .
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh my gawd! This update just get worse! I have added this to a report I have conducted. Hopefully I will get some answers soon.
  • Options
    Sab4r1elSab4r1el Registered Users 101 Posts
    Omg reałly? I have been playing on my iPad since August, and have never seen an ad. Except for the videos that get you K stars.
  • Options
    I get a real life clothing site ad, a Butterfly Reserve (save the butterfly type of thing) and yeah, promos for the other games. But it was definately one of the outside ads, I'm really thinking it was the butterfly place, because when that popped up again later at a non crucial time - my skin started to crawl, so I think that was the one for me. Sorry to hear it was someone else too. I was almost hoping it was my tablet.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    babizokahhbabizokahh Registered Users 18 Posts
    This happens a lot. This ads are really annoying.
  • Options
    veiledthreatveiledthreat Registered Users 7 Posts
    This must be an Android device problem, ios users don't get ads.
  • Options
    They do xD But if you have purchased currency you don't get them anymore :3
  • Options
    CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Registered Users 107 Posts
    This must be an Android device problem, ios users don't get ads.

I'm on an iPad and I get the ads. These are the things that pop up and fill the whole screen, and you say 'No Thanks' to exit it. So this is everyone's problem.
  • Options
    Yeah everyone gets the ads. If you don't get them you must have purchased currency :)