Options

can't play on iPad!! keeps crashing :(

so since the Florence update I have not been able to play the kkh game on my ipad. I got to see kim's video announcement on getting married but when i get to the loading screen it crashes every time i load the game up. I've closed all other apps in the background, turned my device off and back on again, and basically did everything I could without actually deleting the app.

i contacted glu and they told me that i'm running a A5 chip or something and have 1 gHZ on my iPad, but the game needs to run on 1.3 gHz. First of all, how do I find that info that they got, and second, my ipad game used to work perfectly fine before so why doesn't it now??

i'm also running the game on a very strong wifi signal, but i have also tried 3G in the past and both work fine. what's wrong?? any suggestions? I really want to play :( i thought the new update would fix the problem but it hasn't.

Comments

• Options
    CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Registered Users 107 Posts
    so since the Florence update I have not been able to play the kkh game on my ipad. I got to see kim's video announcement on getting married but when i get to the loading screen it crashes every time i load the game up. I've closed all other apps in the background, turned my device off and back on again, and basically did everything I could without actually deleting the app.

i contacted glu and they told me that i'm running a A5 chip or something and have 1 gHZ on my iPad, but the game needs to run on 1.3 gHz. First of all, how do I find that info that they got, and second, my ipad game used to work perfectly fine before so why doesn't it now??

i'm also running the game on a very strong wifi signal, but i have also tried 3G in the past and both work fine. what's wrong?? any suggestions? I really want to play :( i thought the new update would fix the problem but it hasn't.

I think what glu meant was that you need a certain amount of space, apparently for the new update, which may be larger than it was before the update. Once you free up space, it should load fine. How you do that is going to Settings > General > About and then scroll down to see available space. It should be about 1.3 gb. If it's less, then you need to make available space somewhere. Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    kimmykhollywood1kimmykhollywood1 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I think what glu meant was that you need a certain amount of space, apparently for the new update, which may be larger than it was before the update. Once you free up space, it should load fine. How you do that is going to Settings > General > About and then scroll down to see available space. It should be about 1.3 gb. If it's less, then you need to make available space somewhere. Hope that helps. :)

Still didn't work after I cleared up 5 Gb of space...sigh :/
  • Options
    prdcprdc Registered Users 5 Posts

Are you running iOS 8.1?
  • Options
    Still didn't work after I cleared up 5 Gb of space...sigh :/

I would close all apps including KKH, shutting down your iPad, counting to 20, and then turning it back on and reloading app. See, if that works.
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Make sure to delete any unwanted apps, pictures etc. The game needs a minimum of 100MB free memory space in order to work efficiently. Close down all apps too.

If that doesn't work try turning off iCloud. That usually does the trick :)
  • Options
    Yup, I am up to date.
  • Options
    Yup, according to my iPad after deleting apps and pics i have 8 GB of free space. I never signed into iCloud so i dont think thats the problem. according to glu's email:

"After locating your device, we have also established the ipad is running 1GHz dual-core apple a5. the recommended cpu for this game is apple a6 1.3 ghz or higher. even though you have upgraded the device to ios8, the device itself does not meet minimum requirements to run the efficiently."

i have been able to play until the florence update. Any suggestions? many thank yous :)
  • Options
    Yup, according to my iPad after deleting apps and pics i have 8 GB of free space. I never signed into iCloud so i dont think thats the problem. according to glu's email:

"After locating your device, we have also established the ipad is running 1GHz dual-core apple a5. the recommended cpu for this game is apple a6 1.3 ghz or higher. even though you have upgraded the device to ios8, the device itself does not meet minimum requirements to run the efficiently."

i have been able to play until the florence update. Any suggestions? many thank yous :)

Maybe you can back up your device to iTunes, then when done, unplug device from iTunes, delete the app from your device, plug it back into iTunes to restore your backup (making sure to see that KKH app is checkmarked, and see if you're able to play from the backup. This way you won't have to start over in the game.
  • Options
    SkylaSkyla Registered Users 2 Posts
    Sounds like your iPad might be too old to support the newer updates.
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Na this is an ongoing issue with what seems like ipads :/ There have been a few reports of this happening on here.