Why Is This Happening?? GAME KEEPS CRASHING!!!

nadschwarznadschwarz Registered Users 9 Posts
Ever since I updated my game it keeps crashing. I open the game and press a few things and suddenly it goes back to the menu screen. It's happened before, this is frustrating me. Please help me.
Game Center: nadschwarz

[#1 A-Lister]

Add Me! :D
Prev1

Comments

• Yannie1010Yannie1010 Registered Users 102 Posts
    Same here!
    It just crashed and exits the game!
    I am so tired of them and their bugs, ***
    Game center: Yannie1010
    {A-lister and #1 on KKH; I love sending gifts}
  • BluSereneBluSerene Registered Users 5 Posts
    Me too :-( I submitted a ticket, but no response yet.
  • morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    Mine keeps flashing and won't load
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    What device are you playing on?
    gluadmin wrote: »

For over the last 16 hours I have not been able to get into my game on Facebook. I play on Firefox but I have also tried on Google Chrome. On Google it just went to a black screen after the start up loading screen with Kim but on Firefox but on Firefox it goes to a weird screen that I can see some parts of the game but they blink rapidly and there is an error that says parce_obj_string. I have a screen shot of this but can not figure out how to paste in a picture - it says attachments are off and HTML is off.
    IT DOES NOT MATTER THE DEVICE.
    I know those who it is crashing on andriod, PC and ios.
    Ugh *** hate this stupid update
    Yannie1010 wrote: »
    IT DOES NOT MATTER THE DEVICE.
    I know those who it is crashing on andriod, PC and ios.
    Ugh *** hate this stupid update

To appropriately troubleshoot we need to know specifics details of what people are seeing on which platform. I understand you are upset, but we cannot help you unless we have details.
    For over the last 16 hours I have not been able to get into my game on Facebook. I play on Firefox but I have also tried on Google Chrome. On Google it just went to a black screen after the start up loading screen with Kim but on Firefox but on Firefox it goes to a weird screen that I can see some parts of the game but they blink rapidly and there is an error that says parce_obj_string. I have a screen shot of this but can not figure out how to paste in a picture - it says attachments are off and HTML is off.

Thank you, this is actually helpful.
    Thank you, this is actually helpful.

And I have cleared my cache and restarted my browser already as well as restarted my computer. I even ran diagnostics and my virus program and none of that helped.
    Gluadmin - are we going to get anything for not being able to get on for most of the duration of the K-star special weekend? I could have accomplished quite a few 5 star events in the almost 24 hours I have not been able to play.
    I doubt it.
    And oh I tried the 'troubleshooting' that is usually suggested so..
    I really doubt it's on our side that's the issue.
    Sucks<.<
    Now when I tried to log in it finally stopped flashing but now it wants me to start over!!!! I was an A-lister and had paid real life money on the game! *** is going on! I refuse to start over without knowing what is going on and why this has happened to me!
  • nadschwarznadschwarz Registered Users 9 Posts

Hello there, I play the game with the iPhone (iOS 8). I would open the game and start playing it as usual, but after like 30 seconds the game just exits itself and goes back to the menu screen. This has been going on for days ever since the "India" update. I sent an email to the Glu Mobile Customer Care but I haven't heard back. Sorry if people are being a bit rude and frustrated, please fix this problem with another update perhaps. Thank You.

[#1 A-Lister]

Aha you don't need to say sorry on my behalf. I'm not sorry.
    The team has been unable to reproduce the issue as of yet, but they are still working on it. Certainly submit a ticket to formally document it (as that's whats used to escalate issues, not posts on the forum).

Can you let me know what level you were on and location, morgaine816?
    For anyone on ios; in a fb group I'm in we figured out it was because we were connected to gc (>.<'); it stopped crashing on us when we disconnected. Not sure about other devices if that may be it too.
    Hasn't been as fun to play or have the leaderboard the same as your friends.
  • nadschwarznadschwarz Registered Users 9 Posts
    I tried to open the game today and it didn't crash as often as before. I managed to do an event at Lif, but after that it just continues to either crash or freeze, both resulting in the game to exit itself and going back to the menu screen. I notice that the top couples list disappeared, it's just completely blank, and sometimes the top star list doesn't load properly either. Also, I think someone pointed out that the camera option in the wardrobe causes the game to crash, this has been going on for a while, even before the "India" update. The game freezes more than it crashes, which is really weird. Sigh..... :(

[#1 A-Lister]

I was on level 17 and I was travelling to Punta Mita for an assignment where I was to have a date and a gig with my husband. I sent in a help ticket with the screen shot.
    Still have heard nothing from my ticket. I really don't want to start from scratch.
    I sent in my support ticket on November 9 and still no response. My game is still sitting there back at the beginning screen but I will not start over until I hear something from Glu because if I do they will probably say they can not restore my game. They may say that anyway but I don't want to give them a reason but I sure miss my favorite game. At least I have my secondary game on my phone.
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    I sent in my support ticket on November 9 and still no response. My game is still sitting there back at the beginning screen but I will not start over until I hear something from Glu because if I do they will probably say they can not restore my game. They may say that anyway but I don't want to give them a reason but I sure miss my favorite game. At least I have my secondary game on my phone.

:/ Do you have a ticket number?
    Glamazon wrote: »
    :/ Do you have a ticket number?

This is the automated response, and the only response, I have received:

Glu Mobile Customer Care <support@glumobile.mail.helpshift.com>

Nov 9 (9 days ago)

to me
    ###PLEASE REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE###

Glu Mobile Inc. Support | November 09, 2014 | 23:46 -0600

Greetings from Glu Mobile Customer Care!

Thank you for writing to us. We want to assure you that your message has been received. Our volume is quite high recently and depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of our Support Team will contact you within 5 business days.

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

Myloe Yeager | November 09, 2014 | 23:46 -0600
    I has now been 13 days, 10 business days, since I reported this problem and still no contact let alone any resolution. I really do not want to give up this character but with almost 2 weeks I could have gotten a new one to the A list or close to it. But that is not the point. It is the principle of the fact that it was a glitch of the game that made me lose the character I had worked hard with and spent real money on. My character was married and doing very well both in her romance and her career. I did nothing wrong to have my account erased or anything like that - it has been a well documented glitch on which many people on this forum have complained of losses of one kind or another. But to not even address a customer's concerns is very poor service. I understand you are busy but in your form email you state that someone will get back to me in 5 business days. If you make a written statement to a customer like that it needs to be upheld.
    Every time I submit a ticket I never got an automated response:/
    I submitted it as an email. Is that not right?
  • stadubstadub Registered Users 20 Posts
    My game keeps crashing too. Finally got a reply from Glu and it was just basic troubleshooting advice - have a good internet connection and shut down any other running apps (which I've tried so many times). Waited around two weeks for that reply. Can they not just make an update that will fix the bug?
    Add me on Game Center - stadub
  • stadubstadub Registered Users 20 Posts
    Just realized, if you log out of game center it stops crashing... So until the bug is fixed I'll have to stay logged out of it
    Add me on Game Center - stadub
    Yes, I haven't been logged in gamecenter for weeks, really sucks
    Ok, here is the next page in my Glu games saga:

My original email:
    Myloe Yeager | November 09, 2014 | 23:46 -0600

I am not sure if this is the right email address for support since I play
    on the Facebook platform and there is not an email address listed for that platform but I decided to try it since it said general support as well as Apple. This morning - about 12 hours ago - I posted this in the forum:

For over the last 16 hours I have not been able to get into my game on
    Facebook. I play on Firefox but I have also tried on Google Chrome. On
    Google it just went to a black screen after the start up loading screen
    with Kim but on Firefox but on Firefox it goes to a weird screen that I can
    see some parts of the game but they blink rapidly and there is an error
    that says parce_obj_string. I have a screen shot of this but can not figure out how to paste in a picture - it says attachments are off and HTML is off. ((That was for the forum. I attached the screen shot to the email))

One of your admins saw it along with some other comments that others were having trouble with their games crashing, gave a few comments and said it was helpful, and I have not heard anything since. A few moments ago I tried to log on again as I have been from time to time for the last two days and to my dismay I got the screen from the very beginning of the game. Have I lost everything? If so why? I was an A-lister in the top 200 and married and in the top 100 couples. I have spent $20 RL money on this games and many, many hours. If this update wiped my game, I am going to be furious and may not play any more. Since I also play on my android phone and also play Stardoll, that will be like losing 3 customers in 1.

My friend also lost his game just yesterday and had to start over, also on
    FB and Firefox. But I am hearing of many, many problems on all the
    platforms and they all started this weekend since the update. Very few
    people I know got to take advantage of the star special this weekend
    because most of us could not get on the game at least some of the time. I have heard on the forum that this update was to stop the energy cheat. That does not even work on Facebook but I believe that the majority of your players do not use it so by doing this you are going to lose your good players by trying to keep out a small population of bad. Do you really lose that much money with the cheat that you can afford to lose thousands of daily players when we get sick of either not being able to get in or losing our games and having to start over? On the first page of the forum alone there are 10 threads complaining of problems with issues that have happened with the game in the last 72 hours or so and that is with 11 sticky threads taking up room on the page.

I know this email is very long. My short term, personal concern is my
    account. My facebook account is https://www.facebook.com/myloe.yeager. I'm not sure what other identifying information you need to look into my account issue. I really hope you can fix my account otherwise I am not sure I will continue with this game or with Glu games at all.

Automated response:
    Glu Mobile Inc. Support | November 09, 2014 | 23:46 -0600

Greetings from Glu Mobile Customer Care!

Thank you for writing to us. We want to assure you that your message has been received. Our volume is quite high recently and depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of our Support Team will contact you within 5 business days.

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

Today's response:
    Lisa | November 23, 2014 | 22:29 -0600

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care. We apologize for the delay in response time; our volume has been quite high recently. We appreciate your patience.

We're very sorry to hear you've experienced a problem with the game; thank you for letting us know. The developers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating the matter. Please bear with us while we work diligently to find a solution. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
    Lisa
    Sorry there isn't more the team can offer at this time.