Options

Installed the update & it's still not fixed!

SarahUKSarahUK Registered Users 59 Posts
It seems like a LOT of people on here are having the same problem as me. I'm not getting anymore assignments, just small filler jobs from Simon.

I was hoping that when I went up a level (from Level 26 to 27) that would fix the problem & I would get more calls & full assignments, but it didn't. I then installed the new update & that didn't fix it either! I'm now a the beginning of Level 27 & all I can do are the small filler jobs from Simon, it's just so boring.

(For anyone experiencing similar problems double check that you have enough memory on your device to cover saving new assignments. With a previous problem it took me a while to realise that after downloading Apple's new operating system it didn't leave enough space to actually do anything on my phone, so I had to dump a load of stuff to free up some space & the game came back to normal. I emailed Glu support but it took them two weeks to get back to me & all they did was send me a generic "check you haven't let an assignment open on any of your devices" email. Waste of time, I'd already worked out my memory problem by then)

I've refrained from down loading a hack & when I've been impatient with the energy I've bought more, so I feel like I've add considerably to the enormous revenue that this game has brought in & feel justified in asking when is some of it going to be spent on fixing the game & proper tech support!???
Game Centre name: NickieSault, A+++ List, KKH Currently on Level 62

Comments

• Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    I don't think it's a problem with your phone/game, I just don't think there ARE any new assignments with the new update, at least until the Dec 1 RED stars challenge. We just have to do small filler jobs until they update the story, really. :(
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    Yannie1010Yannie1010 Registered Users 102 Posts
    Or your stuck, depending on what goal you had last.
    I was stuck on some goal, when others had more goals than I did.
    Game center: Yannie1010
    {A-lister and #1 on KKH; I love sending gifts}
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Like Danni said, you'll have to wait until Dec. 1 for RED related quests and begin to work along with Kim and her mom. It was a quick update for the awareness of AIDS, so you can't expect them to fix all those bugs asap. It'll take a while for the next big update.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Registered Users 107 Posts
    Like Danni said, you'll have to wait until Dec. 1 for RED related quests and begin to work along with Kim and her mom. It was a quick update for the awareness of AIDS, so you can't expect them to fix all those bugs asap. It'll take a while for the next big update.

Yes, I DO EXPECT THEM TO FIX THE BUGS, instead of sending out a generic email making us believe it's ALL OF OUR fault, and to somehow fix it, when it's always been THEIRS.

All of these people NOT ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME is a PROBLEM.
  • Options
    Yes, I DO EXPECT THEM TO FIX THE BUGS, instead of sending out a generic email making us believe it's ALL OF OUR fault, and to somehow fix it, when it's always been THEIRS.

All of these people NOT ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME is a PROBLEM.

Well duh, they are going to fix them. I never said they weren't. I just said they won't fix them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE when they have so much stuff on their plate. Either be patient or keep complaining which won't do anything to get them to work faster. Trust me, I am on the same boat as everyone else. My game is literally unplayable at this moment so please no need for the feisty attitude when we're on the same page.
  • Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    I mean this wasn't a huge update, it was mainly just to raise awareness for a good cause. And like an admin said on a previous thread, the updates are scheduled in advance so not all bugs are fixed in one update. If it's stressing you out, just stop playing and start up again when they've done another update to see how it goes, there's no point playing it if it's making you mad.
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    Preach, Danni! :)
  • Options
    CarrieBradshaw I TOTALLY feel your pain! It's just really frustrating! There was an announcement here in the UK recently saying that the game had brought in £27 million in it's first quarter, £27 million for a new game is unbelievable! So yes, get more people onboard to keep everyone playing, it's just good business. And yes, I believe coming onto forums to **** & moan about how **** they're being at sorting out problems DOES push them to do it quicker.

While we're on our joint therapy session, I PAY for more energy, I've spent a fortune on this game, so I don't want to stop playing and lose the place that I've paid to get to. I get even more frustrated when people come onto the forum to complain about bugs when they've downloaded a hack & have unlimited energy...
  • Options
    Sure, lets expect an update tomorrow from all the pestering we did the last couple of weeks. Also for the people who decide to 'hack', that's their choice. The unlimited energy has nothing to do with the plethora of problems that have been happening lately and honey, I do apologize that you're not happy with how things are going right now and wasted so much money on an app, but you cant expect the game to be perfect forever, you act like they'll just leave everything as it is. THEY WILL FIX IT, not by the snap of your finger, but soon. If you're really into this game and love it, you will be patient and be supportive because you know how amazing this game is or you wouldn't even bother with it. The people at glu have a deadline for every update they will put out, as an admin has said, and they will try to fix as much as they can, on top of new content, before its reached and whatever problem comes up AFTER they release an update you will have to WAIT for the next one.
  • Options
    Danni wrote: »
    I mean this wasn't a huge update, it was mainly just to raise awareness for a good cause. And like an admin said on a previous thread, the updates are scheduled in advance so not all bugs are fixed in one update. If it's stressing you out, just stop playing and start up again when they've done another update to see how it goes, there's no point playing it if it's making you mad.

I agree. This update was for Aids awareness, and I have already commended them on that. My response to Leyshia is simply based on the fact of a response I received from Glu themselves. If she or you, took what I said personally, then that's on the two of you. I was simply adding to a conversation going on about the continued glitches. No one needs to preach to anyone, but you can't deny people's frustrations, even if you don't necessarily agree with them.
  • Options
    Lol at this thread. The thing ifs for me the update has been here for a month, how long does it actually take to fix their app?
    My ony thing is that it'll be totally different on this thread if everyone was experiencing these problem.
    I understand where's she's coming from; just fustrated with the game and you don't want to just quit it, made playing it all that time pointless.
    The atitude from some people.
    We never said we expected then to be perfect. But to show good customer suppert and etc; is what's expected in any game.
    Some people NEVER got replies from glu, I never even got an automated response.
    Oh and who even mentioned hacking in this thread?
    Anyways..
    I get while your peeved because I am too. But I don't really care for the game or glu anymore. I just play when I can and wait for an update.
  • Options
    Yannie1010 wrote: »
    Lol at this thread. The thing ifs for me the update has been here for a month, how long does it actually take to fix their app?
    My ony thing is that it'll be totally different on this thread if everyone was experiencing these problem.
    I understand where's she's coming from; just fustrated with the game and you don't want to just quit it, made playing it all that time pointless.
    The atitude from some people.
    We never said we expected then to be perfect. But to show good customer suppert and etc; is what's expected in any game.
    Some people NEVER got replies from glu, I never even got an automated response.
    Oh and who even mentioned hacking in this thread?
    Anyways..
    I get while your peeved because I am too. But I don't really care for the game or glu anymore. I just play when I can and wait for an update.

Yannie, are you still playing Stardom? I'm enjoying that in the meantime.
  • Options
    Hi Yannie, my hacking peeve was a hang over from a different thread
  • Options
    I am! Let me know when you add me and I'll log into gamecenter right quick.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Sure, lets expect an update tomorrow from all the pestering we did the last couple of weeks. Also for the people who decide to 'hack', that's their choice. The unlimited energy has nothing to do with the plethora of problems that have been happening lately and honey, I do apologize that you're not happy with how things are going right now and wasted so much money on an app, but you cant expect the game to be perfect forever, you act like they'll just leave everything as it is. THEY WILL FIX IT, not by the snap of your finger, but soon. If you're really into this game and love it, you will be patient and be supportive because you know how amazing this game is or you wouldn't even bother with it. The people at glu have a deadline for every update they will put out, as an admin has said, and they will try to fix as much as they can, on top of new content, before its reached and whatever problem comes up AFTER they release an update you will have to WAIT for the next one.

^ What she said.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    ^ What she said.

Wow, rude much??
  • Options
    SarahUK wrote: »
    Wow, rude much??

Not rude. We're all on the same page here, no reason to keep this going.
  • Options
    ok, not "rude"

wow, facetious much??

sorry, just expected more of a "professional" response from customer service... yes, you're right, no need to keep this going
  • Options
    SarahUK wrote: »
    ok, not "rude"

wow, facetious much??

sorry, just expected more of a "professional" response from customer service... yes, you're right, no need to keep this going

What is there to say that I haven't or any other person has said? Thankfully you have Stardom to keep you occupied. If you don't put your mind into worrying about it, soon you'll see an update and everything will be okay. :D
  • Options
    In all honesty I wouldn't expect that kind of a response from an admin as well XD.
    I just feel like we are 'expecting too much out of you' by fixing the bugs, and you guys are 'expecting too much from us' by asking.. Telling us to be patient or do something else other than play the game -.-
    That means I would have waited a month to be able to play and.. Nothing.
    I just hope there's an update soon (not holding my breath).
    Because I'm boooored, and going to play sims 4 now ^_^
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Oh, come on now! Sometimes we all have to have a sense of humor!
    Someone from the community put it as well as I could have, so I had to give her a +1 on that. But since you are all wanting the "professional" party line, here it is:

The team is aware of the issues and are working on them. Updates will come out every few weeks to add content and address bugs and highest priority bugs are always addressed first.

;)