Options

Will there be a new event for the weekend?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
I am all about the weekend events. Special deals on outfits for those with KStars, and often the opportunity to work hard and claim special outfits for the event. While it's great that clothes are now half price if they cost KStars, you get one star per 5Star task, and if you just did hour shoots, you could earn what? 12 Stars in a waking day? Even half price you can't buy for 12 stars. And the only way you get the special outfit..... not by sticking to the game an playing all weekend, but take 10 minutes, and buy enough things with unlimited KStars and then you get the outfit too. I was able to buy a couple of things so I got an extra gift box but for me and most of the other players, this turned out to be a non event.

No matter how much I play this weekend, I'm not earning the kind of Stars needed to get the shades, the purse and the dress. So, since I am not able to pump real cash into the game right now, I don't think I'll be playing much. Just for the extra gift box -20 Spent stars plus the sunglasses at 80 Stars spent means I need 100K Stars. No idea how much more I need for the purse and dog. And forget about the dress.

I love the game, and just wanted to voice my feelings of what is for me a non-event. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, and tomorrow there will be something we can just work our butts off for. But I doubt it.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    I'm with you to be honest. I think the weekend events like the ones where you have to earn the stars from parties to get the outfits and so on are great and they can be a fun challenge, but spending what's going to add up to a LOT of K-Stars to get them feels a bit much, you know? Like you said, even with hour jobs you're only realistically going to get about 12 stars a day, so it doesn't really feel like a challenge to me, just an effort to get us to spend money? Which I understand because it's their job and so on, it just doesn't feel like that much fun to put effort towards?
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    I had originally thought that I couldn't do the event because I didn't have any projects to do. But from this thread, I realized that you need to spend K stars, not just earn them from doing projects. Thanks for the clarification! :) I'm a little bummed though. I really wanted that Pomeranian xD
  • Options
    SassySassy Registered Users 9 Posts
    Agree with everything you've said.

And you know how many K stars it costs to have a purse with a dog? 300 K STARS!!!!! Ridiculous! God knows how many more the dress must have costed!

I've already unlocked a special black gift box and the shades (thanks to getting 40 K Stars from a black friday gift box the other day and having saved a lot of K Stars) but no way anyone is getting all the gifts unlocked without cheating or spending cash.

I thought they'd have only doubled the K Stars from 20 to 40 to 80 to 160 subsequently for these gifts just like they did with previous gift sets. This is literally impossible.
  • Options
    RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    I have to say I was very disappointed with this event. I love this game, and Stardom. I feel like I'm very supportive towards them as well as tons of other players. The Kim K game is always in the Top 10 grossing games list in the App Store when I check. I love that it's doing so well, but then having an event like this where you need to spend 400 (I think) K-Stars for the dress AFTER you needing to spend 300 K-Stars for the purse. I just thought it stunk. Especially when there weren't any deals for the actual K-Stars, just K-Star items.
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
  • Options
    It's just not fun to play a game you know you can't win, you know? No one has that kind of money >.<
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    magdalena_apcmagdalena_apc Registered Users 22 Posts
    I'm doing hour/3 hours projects and it doesn't take me that long to finish them cause I travel everywhere looking for energy but still, impossible to achieve... The half off prices are a great thing though!
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Tami wrote: »
    you need to get money-bought K stars, not the ones we get from doing jobs.

Actually, it's spending any K-stars. So wherever you earn them if you spend them on something, that's how the points are added up to earn the prizes.

So it's not by buying k-stars, it's by spending them. Hopefully that makes sense.
  • Options
    TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    It does, thank you :) I actually figured this out last night when I bought the jet on my Android game lol. Sorry for not editing my post earlier :3
  • Options
    RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Actually, it's spending any K-stars. So wherever you earn them if you spend them on something, that's how the points are added up to earn the prizes.

So it's not by buying k-stars, it's by spending them. Hopefully that makes sense.

Yes, but, you're not going to earn enough to complete the whole event unless you buy some lol. [x
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
  • Options
    SukiB35SukiB35 Registered Users 31 Posts
    I agree. I got the gift box and the shades but stopped after I saw how many it took for the purse. Unless you have a huge abundance of stars or want to spend a lot of real money to get enough stars to spend so you can get it all, I really don't see there's a way. I wish we could spend game money to buy energy and stars and I would like to see events that are more reachable without going broke!!
  • Options
    SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    I agree. And there's no new weekend event. What a disappointment :(
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • Options
    Out of interest, do you know if people playing on non apple devices will get tomorrow's RED event? I'm on iPhone but it sucks if someone misses out for an entire week long event.
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm playing 2 Android games (Samsung phone, and Polaroid Tablet) and an ipad game. So, I'm interested to see how the games change. I was told the Red Deal was just set up with the ios platform. We'll see what happens. I'm still bummed I couldn't get the Pomeranian. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary