Options

Advice/Opinion - Wedding Decor Waste of Money

ElleBoubierElleBoubier Registered Users 52 Posts
Does anyone else agree? I found wedding decorations to be a total waste. I'm so glad that all I bought was the archway background.

The ONLY benefit is the collection of gold hearts/stars for date/job bonuses. Just like the home decorations. But at least you get to see the furniture when you visit your homes and throw parties.

After the wedding is over, you don't see it again. And the wedding itself sucked--the groom never even stood next to me at the altar! He stood in the same spot off to the right while we said a very quick "I do" and then it was over. Talk about anti-climactic.

So my advice is, unless you are behind on bonus hearts/stars, don't bother buying any wedding decorations. Even if you are behind, you're better off decorating your homes instead.

I'm curious if anyone agrees or disagrees! What do you think? Did something different happen if you DID go all out decorating?
Always looking for new KKH friends~add Elle Boubier on Google+!

Comments

• Options
    Helene ScottHelene Scott Registered Users 23 Posts
    I'm glad I read this before spending stars on a cake, I was wondering if anyone would notice or not! The whole marriage storyline isn't that important to me. I just want more clothes and for people to stop being mean about my outfits, hah. I'm only in it for the fame. I've left 'Eric' at the alter mid decorating to fly back to LA to shoot a commercial, ahh fairytale love.
  • Options
    sheida10sheida10 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Yes thank you, because I was so excited about planning my dream wedding and seeing it play out. But I would so do just that, just buy the dress and that's it.
  • Options
    JapaneseAssassinJapaneseAssassin Registered Users 101 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up...
  • Options
    phamilton02phamilton02 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Good advice. I spent a ton buying all of the decorations and stuff for my wedding and it was over in a few seconds..LOL. :)
  • Options
    AnamariexoAnamariexo Registered Users 15 Posts
    i have a question, right now saving to buy a dress and the hairstyle. How much more money should I have to do the wedding. Like the venue or anything else?
  • Options
    ElleBoubierElleBoubier Registered Users 52 Posts
    Anamariexo wrote: »
    i have a question, right now saving to buy a dress and the hairstyle. How much more money should I have to do the wedding. Like the venue or anything else?

If I remember right you need $7500 to get the venue. And there is a time limit for it. I can't remember, maybe 24 hours? I think it starts after you buy the dress. (You have to pay to get the venue before another couple, but I wonder what happens if you don't get it in time?)

Anyway once you get the venue, you can take your time decorating...there is no time limit. I only spent $1000 for the arch background. Most of the decorations cost K-stars. And as mentioned above I do NOT recommend spending stars on decorations unless you have plenty to spare and nothing else to spend em on.
    Always looking for new KKH friends~add Elle Boubier on Google+!
  • Options
    MimicaponeMimicapone Registered Users 70 Posts
    I agree! The dress and the venue made me go broke lol I couldn't afford decorations. I did buy the white carpet but no one noticed lol so it's a total waste! I wish I would've read this sooner
  • Options
    bthree06bthree06 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I didn't get it in time... it only knock ur fans down like 200000 maybe if that n no outta pocket. which I was ok with... wish I saw this post before hand... I spent $$$ on the decor n stars on vanilla cake smh. oh well least it was only 5.