Options

Deleted KKH after latest update

Bond GirlBond Girl Registered Users 7 Posts
Now the energy cheat has been stopped & the new update is out, in my opinion, all the fun has gone from the game. All the bugs & flaws are still there, it takes way too long to complete new tasks, the timescales & in-game clothing & hairstyle costs are totally unfair & unachievable & I don't have the available time or resources to be checking the game every hour or paying for extra energy. I have a mortgage & bills to pay & the game is supposed to be a bit of a fun escape from every day life, not a chore & a drain on our finances. We aren't actually A list celebrities Glu!!!!

It's such a shame that developers always get too greedy & make it so hard to get anywhere without forking out loads of money or signing up to unwanted adverts in order to get ahead.

Hopefully it will only be a matter of time before in-game charges go the same way as unfair bank fees & PPI & have to be refunded to users. I've already submitted a formal complaint. I won't be playing or recommending the game to anyone again. I know several people who've also given up & deleted it. I'd not yet put my review on iTunes.... But it won't be scoring highly with me & I will be totally truthful about the expensive in-game charges.

Comments

• Options
    ShesCraftyShesCrafty Registered Users 37 Posts
    So do you also go into stores and complain to managers that things cost money? Your reasoning and complaint, to be honest, are a bit ridiculous. The game is quite playable without cheating or spending money. And even then, if you enjoy the game, you really should be willing to pay for it. There are people who work very hard to create, update and promote this game, and they deserve the income that the game produces.

If you don't think the game is worth any money or time then you are right to uninstall it but complaining and rating the game poorly because you can't cheat is just insane. You reek of entitlement and that is not a good thing.

I made it to #80 in my list before finally caving in and spending 5.00 on kstars on Black Friday. Along with the stars I'd earned from events and so on, I was able to buy like two dresses, some hair and a yummy chocolate cake for my wedding. ;) I've never ever had to cheat to gain energy and the only times I don't earn 5 star ratings have been times where I fell asleep during an event or simply forgot I was doing one. I have enough heart/star points to earn the bonus on nearly every job or date.

Hopefully I don't come off as rude because I don't mean to...it's just I've seen this complaint posted elsewhere and it makes absolutely NO sense to me.
    G+ annaemxo(a)gmail.com
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Bond Girl wrote: »
    Now the energy cheat has been stopped & the new update is out, in my opinion, all the fun has gone from the game. All the bugs & flaws are still there, it takes way too long to complete new tasks, the timescales & in-game clothing & hairstyle costs are totally unfair & unachievable & I don't have the available time or resources to be checking the game every hour or paying for extra energy. I have a mortgage & bills to pay & the game is supposed to be a bit of a fun escape from every day life, not a chore & a drain on our finances. We aren't actually A list celebrities Glu!!!!

It's such a shame that developers always get too greedy & make it so hard to get anywhere without forking out loads of money or signing up to unwanted adverts in order to get ahead.

Hopefully it will only be a matter of time before in-game charges go the same way as unfair bank fees & PPI & have to be refunded to users. I've already submitted a formal complaint. I won't be playing or recommending the game to anyone again. I know several people who've also given up & deleted it. I'd not yet put my review on iTunes.... But it won't be scoring highly with me & I will be totally truthful about the expensive in-game charges.

So you were cheating and now that you can't cheat anymore, you're upset.
    The game is free to play, if you spend time instead of money, but you aren't willing to do anything except cheat to play.

Makes sense.
  • Options
    ChiyoChiyo Registered Users 65 Posts
    You don't even have to spend much money or time on the game. I reached level 27 and became no. 1 in my game without paying a single cent and I don't play longer than maybe 20 minutes a day.
    The only time I bought K stars was during the black Friday event.
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Interesting thread..:cool::cool:
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    The energy cheat wasn't supposed to be there to begin with lol. Secondly, no, they have fixed plenty of bugs. Even the people who couldn't use the photo booth can use it now (including myself). I get you have bills to pay, everyone does, including the people who work at Glu. That's why there's in-game currency and also currency you can purchase yourself. :) There's a suggestion thread, you can post all of your suggestions there. The game has been the same since the beginning, so I don't get how it's changed for you besides the energy cheat which shouldn't have been there anyways, sooooooo.....yeah.
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
  • Options
    thicalethicale Registered Users 21 Posts
    The tappables were refreshing every 2 minutes, now they refresh every 3 minutes, not a bug fix, a was to make things more frustrating and then boring. Always more gigs where you cannot invite a contact and you find it out only after you started it, wrong duration of the gigs or increased amount of energy needed to complete them. Cheating is a thing everyone would have to avoid, but you have to see things from both points of view.
    This is a game, they have to find the balance between the effort needed, the fun and the reward.
  • Options
    Bond GirlBond Girl Registered Users 7 Posts
    I like the way everyone suddenly jumps on me & brands me dishonest & a cheat - something I am absolutely not in any aspect of my life!!! I used the time adjustment cheat on the KKH game after several months of playing without it & I only resorted to it because I thought it would (for me personally) liven the game up a bit. it's nothing major people!! I'm not the first & I'm sure I won't be the last to cheat on a computer game. And seeing as I enjoyed the game much more with the additional energy resources, I have deleted it now that I have lost that option.

My post was supposed to be a general comment about how it's a shame that the in-game resources are so expensive (in my own personal opinion) & that the cost of certain items (particularly when paying with K stars) is unachievable with limited playtime & money. It's not just KKH, it's other games by other software developers too. And in the few years I've been playing various games, the charges HAVE gone up & the developers HAVE made it much harder to earn things & get ahead through gameplay alone. That was my point, although initially perhaps not so eloquently put. There was really no requirement for people to be so rude & tell me that I 'reek of entitlement'?! Most unnecessary for a supposedly friendly game forum.
  • Options
    ShesCraftyShesCrafty Registered Users 37 Posts
    Bruh. You used a cheat. You cheated. You gained a resource that typically costs real world money for free. That much isn't up for debate. You don't need to take the comments so personally.

I and surely countless others play the game without ever cheating or without spending money even. I've spent 5 dollars total on the game and would spend more to be honest, if I had the resources. I think the game is fun just as it is and clearly I'm not alone considering how popular the game is.

If the game isn't worth it to you to spend time or money on, that's your opinion and you're obviously allowed to that. Again, I wasn't trying to be rude but to write up a post complaining, saying you're going submit formal complaints, and rate the game poorly does show you feel entitled to this game for a price YOU want as opposed to the price that those who develop it deem appropriate.

When you go to the grocery store and find an item you feel is overpriced, do you then submit complaints that say you shouldn't have to pay the posted price? Or do you then STEAL the item? It's no different whether you're talking about boxes of cereal or little mobile game sprites.

If I offended you, again, that wasn't my intent. Everyone's got opinions here and mine clash directly with yours. I'm within my right to speak my mind just as much as you are yours. I don't know anything about you but what you've posted here and that shows that you feel entitled to cheat, you feel entitled to discounts or free in-game items that have a set cost...entitlement.

And as for this being a 'supposedly' friendly forum...what exactly did you expect when you came here complaining like you did?
    G+ annaemxo(a)gmail.com
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Bond Girl wrote: »
    I like the way everyone suddenly jumps on me & brands me dishonest & a cheat - something I am absolutely not in any aspect of my life!!! I used the time adjustment cheat...

These two sentences crack me up. LOL.
  • Options
    I don't know if my post offended you or not O.o...I'm sorry if it did, I didn't mean for it to. But, I'm sticking with the whole point of it.

• Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    *sits back and eats popcorn*;);)
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    Honestly, you can't please everyone. But the theme of the game has never changed. It's always had things for you to do daily. Glu just had an event giving us K-Stars for every gig we finish. The Black Friday event everything was on sale. It just all depends if you take advantage of those things.