About ready to give up

JjewellsJjewells Registered Users 181 Posts
I'm about ready to say forget it and delete my game. I've been sending out requests to those who have posted asking others to add them. A few have accepted but many haven't. I've gifted those who still had stuff missing and have yet to receive even one item in return.

I'm on level 17 and have only just today managed to get my cash to over 10k. I spent cash to purchase stars, but we all know who little you get in return. It feels like I'm busting butt and not getting anywhere and that doesn't make the game fun. Heck, I'm still taking the bus (>_<) I keep going to different areas, clicking on stuff to get extra cash, but getting 1-2 if you're lucky isn't worth paying for each trip.

What am I doing wrong? Seriously, any advice would be helpful. Thanks for reading.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ∴°☆°ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ°☆°∴ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
..*.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷGC: Jjewells!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.*..

Comments

• TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    I'm guessing you're spending most of your money on clothes. You're not doing anything wrong, but it'd be better to find a friend who can gift you the whole wardrobe (though I understand you haven't had any luck doing so :/ ). Other things I would suggest are:

- Try to get 5-stars on everything you do (especially during events)
    - Focus on doing main quests/events
    - Do side gigs in your spare time. I'm not sure whether it's better to do 3hr or 8hr ones, because the money earned from them varies. So it's up to you. I prefer doing 8hr ones (When there's events, do parties instead).
    - Don't bother working at Kardash. The longest shift you can take (12hrs at the Kardash in Soho, New York) pays comparably to a 3hr side gig and an 8hr party.
    - When going on dates, go to places where you spend little to no money (such as Restaurant Asadaux in Dubai or El Canario in Punta Mita)
    - Don't get married in the game until you can afford to spend a lot of money on the wedding xD
    - Save up enough to get the Range Rover.
    - Check for K-star ads every time you go on the game. Every star counts towards getting the jet. That way, you don't have to spend any more money on traveling. Afterwards, I would suggest getting pets since they give energy.
    - Lastly, buy houses when you have surplus money. :) Out of all the houses, I would suggest saving up enough to get the mansion in Calabasas first. I think it's the best place to do parties.
  • JjewellsJjewells Registered Users 181 Posts
    Tami wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're spending most of your money on clothes. You're not doing anything wrong, but it'd be better to find a friend who can gift you the whole wardrobe (though I understand you haven't had any luck doing so :/ ). Other things I would suggest are:

- Try to get 5-stars on everything you do (especially during events)
    - Focus on doing main quests/events
    - Do side gigs in your spare time. I'm not sure whether it's better to do 3hr or 8hr ones, because the money earned from them varies. So it's up to you. I prefer doing 8hr ones (When there's events, do parties instead).
    - Don't bother working at Kardash. The longest shift you can take (12hrs at the Kardash in Soho, New York) pays comparably to a 3hr side gig and an 8hr party.
    - When going on dates, go to places where you spend little to no money (such as Restaurant Asadaux in Dubai or El Canario in Punta Mita)
    - Don't get married in the game until you can afford to spend a lot of money on the wedding xD
    - Save up enough to get the Range Rover.
    - Check for K-star ads every time you go on the game. Every star counts towards getting the jet. That way, you don't have to spend any more money on traveling. Afterwards, I would suggest getting pets since they give energy.
    - Lastly, buy houses when you have surplus money. :) Out of all the houses, I would suggest saving up enough to get the mansion in Calabasas first. I think it's the best place to do parties.

Thank you, Tami. I'll try your suggestions out. Also, thank you for replying. I appreciate it!
  • LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Jjewells wrote: »
    Thank you, Tami. I'll try your suggestions out. Also, thank you for replying. I appreciate it!

I just read what Tami had said, and I haven't done this in forever. If you do need help with any sort of clothes or accessories, I can help you. I noticed you have posted on a few gifting threads, but I'm not sure if you have received those said gifts. I'm here if anything. Just send me a message or reply back to this and I'll gladly gift you some things immediately. :)
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
    I just read what Tami had said, and I haven't done this in forever. If you do need help with any sort of clothes or accessories, I can help you. I noticed you have posted on a few gifting threads, but I'm not sure if you have received those said gifts. I'm here if anything. Just send me a message or reply back to this and I'll gladly gift you some things immediately. :)

I would appreciate that, thank you. And no, no one has gifted nor gifted in return. I just joined a fb group in hopes of picking up some more tips.
  • SquirttlesSquirttles Registered Users 19 Posts
    I sent you three dresses and a pair of shoes. Hope you enjoy. :D
    Squirttles wrote: »
    I sent you three dresses and a pair of shoes. Hope you enjoy. :D

Thank you so very much, Squirttles! They were all lovely items. I gifted back what I could. They're not much, but just wanted to say thank you.
  • SquirttlesSquirttles Registered Users 19 Posts
    Your welcome! Thank you too.

You're welcome :) Btw, I've added you on GC. I'll gift you some items as well :)
    You're welcome :) Btw, I've added you on GC. I'll gift you some items as well :)

You're welcome Squirttles! TYVM Tani. What is your name on GC?
    I would appreciate that, thank you. And no, no one has gifted nor gifted in return. I just joined a fb group in hopes of picking up some more tips.

Good to know everyone is pitching in and helping!❤❤

Also gifted you all I could. Hope it's enough.;)
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    I've just added you from my thread. I can help with some gifts as well!
    no i don't have any chill
    Good to know everyone is pitching in and helping!❤❤

Also gifted you all I could. Hope it's enough.;)
    You're so generous! Thank you. I've sent you a DM.
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    I've just added you from my thread. I can help with some gifts as well!

I can not thank you and everyone enough. But TY ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty to the nth!
    I'm about ready to say forget it and delete my game. I've been sending out requests to those who have posted asking others to add them. A few have accepted but many haven't. I've gifted those who still had stuff missing and have yet to receive even one item in return....

Heaps of THANKS to Squirttles, Tami and Mama for their generosity. For the first time I actually wore different clothes for each assignment! A small "wow" moment to some, but a joy to me. Ég get ekki þakka þér nóg!! (I cannot thank you enough!)
    Heaps of THANKS to Squirttles, Tami and Mama for their generosity. For the first time I actually wore different clothes for each assignment! A small "wow" moment to some, but a joy to me. Ég get ekki þakka þér nóg!! (I cannot thank you enough!)

We're all glad to help, my dear! :D
    Yeah. After having received so many awesome things from nice people, I wanted to give for a change lol :)
    Yeah. After having received so many awesome things from nice people, I wanted to give for a change lol :)

I think it's such a wonderful and helpful thing to do. I definitely have plans to pay it forward when I have the resources.&#55357;&#56397;
    I would also like to say thank you to facegame for the lovely gifts. I couldn't find you in the forum, so I hope you see this message. :)
    Heaps of thank yous to both face and Jedi! Your generosity's overwhelming and I appreciate each item that you both sent sent. Takk fyrir!!!
  • twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    As soon as I have some dollars and stars I would be very happy to help you out Jjewells.
    Sorry it has been so frustrating for you!!
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
    twofangs wrote: »
    As soon as I have some dollars and stars I would be very happy to help you out Jjewells.
    Sorry it has been so frustrating for you!!

No worries, dear :) I'm doing well atm and due to the generosity of those above, I'm able to finally start saving cash. So soon...very soon :)
  • BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    Just wanted to add...I've been playing this game upwards of six months (maybe longer), and it really just takes a lot of patience. I probably don't play longer than 30 minutes a day (that's not all at once), and I try to earn what I can during that period. I've worked for everything I have in-game right now, which is a lot. I own the range rover, the jet, several houses, payed for my wedding...got divorced, lol! But real talk, I can buy pretty much anything I want. I've never received any gifts because I didn't know these forums existed and that you could give gifts to other players. When I see something I want, I save up cash/K-Stars for it. So don't waste your cash on things that you don't really need; instead, save up for the necessary items and spend wisely. Good luck. (:
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
    Bria wrote: »
    Just wanted to add...I've been playing this game upwards of six months (maybe longer), and it really just takes a lot of patience. I probably don't play longer than 30 minutes a day (that's not all at once), and I try to earn what I can during that period. I've worked for everything I have in-game right now, which is a lot. I own the range rover, the jet, several houses, payed for my wedding...got divorced, lol! But real talk, I can buy pretty much anything I want. I've never received any gifts because I didn't know these forums existed and that you could give gifts to other players. When I see something I want, I save up cash/K-Stars for it. So don't waste your cash on things that you don't really need; instead, save up for the necessary items and spend wisely. Good luck. (:

Many thanks for the advice, Bria! :)
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Bria wrote: »

This is good advice. Spend on what you really want. :)
    Thank you again to facegame for your generosity! What a lovely surprise when I just logged in! <3
    Again, a shout out of THANKS to facegame (really need to get your forum name, lol) for their generosity! So many gems of wonderful people about. <3
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the biggest $$ eaters are the bus and airfare. Eat Ramen Noodles if you have to, but save for the Jet and the cheapest car, and it elevates your game playing. By not paying for transp, you can run all over the world, collecting energy to finish your job, therefore getting more reward, and being able to do more gigs. It so pays for itself. I went from no cash to comfortable.

And, if you can, make a small KStar purchase, even the 5 dollar 50Star pack eliminates all the promos and ads that interrupt the game so frequently. Best thing I ever did was to get rid of those ads. And ANY purchase of KStars packs removes the ads. Makes the game flow the way it was meant to.
    I don't work for GLu, but I have to say buying KStars to get rid of the ads was almost as good as buying the jet. But you know, I used the KStars to buy the jet....so they were BOTH great ideas.

Hope this helps, and I tried to add you on GC. Please add me, I'm Kokokokonut on GC as well. (It's might be Koko Kokonut I don't know if it is one word or two lol)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary