Options

Are you joking?

thicalethicale Registered Users 21 Posts
On my kindle i just got the new year eve quest... Maybe you think everyone live in the USA, here, in europe is 8 pm and people go out to party with friends. Please next time think about other countries, not only everyone outsider the US cannot enter in your contests, they loose events be cause you plan things with only us in mind. I suppose you have to target the game sa only playable by people from US. Please do it!
Happy new year from Europe
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    I'm sure you can take a few minutes to do the quests. The parties are 3 hours each which is fairly easy. I understand people have lives, but there's those out there that take a few minutes to do a party. Plus you have plenty of time to finish this quest, and get the outfit they're giving out. I just checked and you have 14h left for the whole even to be over. That's plenty of time. Maybe Glu will consider bringing back the 24hr gigs but giving us the choice to choose because I would hate to have a 24h gig.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    Ugh...24hr gigs make me want to hurt someone.
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If you look at the 24 hour gig as a whole day to complete a task, it's very Real Life Friendly. You can start a task in the afternoon, go out, have dinner, play a little more, go to bed. Get up do a little in the morning, Go to school, or work, or the nail salon lol, come back and finish the game. And, as long as they NEVER force you to do a 24 hour gig, it's great for those who love them, and can be ignored by those who don't.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yeah, lol which is why I mentioned that they should give us the option to let us choose how long to do a gig. Especially for complain-y lady up top.
  • Options
    Bria wrote: »
    Ugh...24hr gigs make me want to hurt someone.

Same here. Don't like it at all.
  • Options
    ayanosukeayanosuke Registered Users 18 Posts
    First off this event does suck and im from the USA. I was up at 9am and this event had not started yet. 14 hours isnt enough time to complete the 3 parties. Even if you have your bonus star you still have to wait for the next party to start which is roughly 3 hours. They should have started this event at midnight which they did not. One of the worst events ever.
  • Options
    RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    I'm sure you can take a few minutes to do the quests. The parties are 3 hours each which is fairly easy. I understand people have lives, but there's those out there that take a few minutes to do a party. Plus you have plenty of time to finish this quest, and get the outfit they're giving out. I just checked and you have 14h left for the whole even to be over. That's plenty of time. Maybe Glu will consider bringing back the 24hr gigs but giving us the choice to choose because I would hate to have a 24h gig.

Honestly, I feel like they should just re-evaluate the XP it takes to get to each level and/or how much each 8-hour and 12-hour gigs reward you instead of adding 24 hour ones. Maybe even add a 6-hour one to even it out and up the rewards for the 8 and 12 ones.
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
  • Options
    RawryRawr wrote: »
    Honestly, I feel like they should just re-evaluate the XP it takes to get to each level and/or how much each 8-hour and 12-hour gigs reward you instead of adding 24 hour ones. Maybe even add a 6-hour one to even it out and up the rewards for the 8 and 12 ones.

Dude, yes! I'm still on level 28 and I done so many gigs. My mom passed me and she started playing after me. Though she did Simon's gigs plenty of times because she wants to keep leveling up. Either way, you are right.
  • Options
    Dude, yes! I'm still on level 28 and I done so many gigs. My mom passed me and she started playing after me. Though she did Simon's gigs plenty of times because she wants to keep leveling up. Either way, you are right.

LOL OMG YES. I've been stuck on 28 for sooo long. It was going pretty well until I hit level 28 and I just can't get past it :|. So glad (unfortunately x]!) I'm not the only one ahaha. I just think there's other ways to go without going the 24-hour route still.

• Options
    Hi there, complain-y lady to while knight, Happy New Year!
    Just to be clear, i got the event at 8 pM, i would have to wait 4 hours for the first gig, around midnight, then complete it, then wait other 4 Hours, i suppose, more or less at 4 am, then wait 4 hours for the next, that is 8 am... Pity the countdown was about 15 Hours left and I use to sleep, now and then.
    Anyway, I'm not used to play a game while I'm having fun with friends and/or family, it is the last of my concerns and it is not very polite, by the way.
    I lost the event, it is not a big deal, but still i think that their choice was not very thoughtfully planned.
  • Options
    thicale wrote: »
    Hi there, complain-y lady to while knight, Happy New Year!
    Just to be clear, i got the event at 8 pM, i would have to wait 4 hours for the first gig, around midnight, then complete it, then wait other 4 Hours, i suppose, more or less at 4 am, then wait 4 hours for the next, that is 8 am... Pity the countdown was about 15 Hours left and I use to sleep, now and then.
    Anyway, I'm not used to play a game while I'm having fun with friends and/or family, it is the last of my concerns and it is not very polite, by the way.
    I lost the event, it is not a big deal, but still i think that their choice was not very thoughtfully planned.

I think it all started at 12AM PST. I could be wrong, but when it hit that time it started for everyone. So I think everyone got a full 24 hours...

• Options
    JaniaSoloJaniaSolo Registered Users 57 Posts
    Glad I'm not the only one who is having trouble leveling up, I just can't get to level 30 no matter how many Simon gigs and parties I do.
  • Options
    MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Me and 24 hrs gigs have a bad relationship together. I just don't have the mind set to complete it. If I wait too long I may forget about it. I can't procrastinate too long. I prefer 8 hrs over that, I can promptly do them in an hour. I remember I did 24 hrs gig it took me 16 hrs to complete. And I near forgot about it. I like to get gigs out the way while it's still in my train of thought. I don't care if it'll be an option in the dear future, but as long as its out of my game. I'm happy, because I don't want to witness such agony again.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    JaniaSolo wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who is having trouble leveling up, I just can't get to level 30 no matter how many Simon gigs and parties I do.
    Are we starting another list next to the shame one? LOL ;)
    Mauve wrote: »
    Me and 24 hrs gigs have a bad relationship together. I just don't have the mind set to complete it. If I wait too long I may forget about it. I can't procrastinate too long. I prefer 8 hrs over that, I can promptly do them in an hour. I remember I did 24 hrs gig it took me 16 hrs to complete. And I near forgot about it. I like to get gigs out the way while it's still in my train of thought. I don't care if it'll be an option in the dear future, but as long as its out of my game. I'm happy, because I don't want to witness such agony again.
    Same LOL. I just think they should, again, add in 6 hour ones and up the experience and money you are rewarded for the 8-hour and 12-hour ones.

• Options
    JaniaSoloJaniaSolo Registered Users 57 Posts
    RawryRawr wrote: »
    Are we starting another list next to the shame one? LOL ;)

What is that supposed to mean?
  • Options

She means another list of people who can't level up no matter how hard they try. lol I'm in that list!
  • Options
    She means another list of people who can't level up no matter how hard they try. lol I'm in that list!

Along with the list who just end up giving in and buy the waffle earrings <3. I'm in both, ahaha.

• Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    It was a 24-hour event. That's how they work. If you want to play, you do and if you don't want to play, you don't. Also, if you had wanted to pay to play the event, it would have taken ten minutes total and you'd be free to do anything else you want. :)

Any free-to-play game has a basic game that is exactly that- free to play. And, as it is stated in the description, there are some things that you can choose to pay money for. If you choose not to pay money, you can spend your time instead.

Incidentally, I've been stuck at level 25 for what feels like two weeks. And add me to the list that got waffle earrings.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    It was a 24-hour event. That's how they work. If you want to play, you do and if you don't want to play, you don't. Also, if you had wanted to pay to play the event, it would have taken ten minutes total and you'd be free to do anything else you want. :)

Any free-to-play game has a basic game that is exactly that- free to play. And, as it is stated in the description, there are some things that you can choose to pay money for. If you choose not to pay money, you can spend your time instead.

Incidentally, I've been stuck at level 25 for what feels like two weeks. And add me to the list that got waffle earrings.
    Wewt! Noted. ;)

• Options
    BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    Mauve wrote: »

This. I ALWAYS forget about 24hr gigs - I start them, and then the next day I'm like, "Oh yeah...I was doing something..."
    So not worth it. Hope we never have to do a lot of those. I definitely wouldn't mind more 3hr/6hr gigs though - those 8hr ones sometimes get real old.
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »

Oh nice to see you, Mr Glu, here we are: the event purpose was to make people pay to complete it. That is a good thing to know.
    Are you 100% sure it was 24h for every kind of device and in all the countries all over the world? A honest yes or no.
    A free to play game, sa you said, it is meant for you to play a lot if you don't want or you cannot pay real money, this is clear, even if sometimes you have to do both.
    That said, do you think it is normal to go to a party with your Kindle in the purse? @_@
    Do you encourage people to play a game, even for 5 minutes (3 Times during the night) while they are spending time with family and friends or while they would have to sleep?
    I suppose our concept of "game" is very different.
    As you said, i chose to not to play the event.
    Best regards
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Oh nice to see you, Mr Glu.
    Are you 100% sure it was 24h for every kind of device and in all the countries all over the world? A honest yes or no.
    A free to play game, sa you said, it is meant for you to play a lot if you don't want or you cannot pay real money, this is clear, even if sometimes you have to do both.
    That said, do you think it is normal to go to a party with your Kindle in the purse? @_@
    Do you encourage people to play a game, even for 5 minutes (3 Times during the night) while they are spending time with family and friends or while they would have to sleep?
    But, even if the thread derailed in many directions (do you mod this forum?), you have to admit (read my second post) that the choice of time, for some countries, was absolutely awful.
    Best regards

Jeez-- entitled, much? You do know that producing this game provides jobs for people, right? They need to encourage SOME payment for their effort. The game has very high production values and very frequent updates. Many of us who play are willing to compensate Glu something. Don't you think they deserve something for providing you with this entertainment? If nobody pays, the game stops. You realize that Glu isn't a charity, right? They give out a LOT of free content, so I see why you might be getting confused.

Gluadmin tries hard to be diplomatic here, I think! And no, I don't work for Glu-- I work in the pharmaceutical industry, where people ALSO really take our products for granted and think they don't need to pay enough for employees and companies to thrive. I'm another bad guy.

The bonus events are meant to be fun, to be a challenge, to hopefully bring some revenue for the company. Just enjoy what you can, but remember, Glu doesn't OWE you anything.

Maybe rethink your approach to apps, okay? You can't have it both ways.

Sorry to rant and rave at you, but I seriously DO have a bug up my *** about this topic.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Oh nice to see you, Mr Glu, here we are: the event purpose was to make people pay to complete it. That is a good thing to know.
    Best regards

One more thought, about your chief complaint-- I think Glu did intend to provide the challenge for 24 hours, and I'm betting it worked perfectly 99% of the time. If there were any glitches, they were unintentional-- the company would like to have our money, but they aren't trying to screw people over, as you suggest. They need people to be happy and keep playing.

They allow you to earn a pile of free stars every single day that you can save in order to speed challenges along, or to buy the premium items. They even allow us to gift each other extravagantly on their own forum. I've accepted gifts & sent them, and I've also bought the Kstar packages. I think the situation is pretty reasonable.

If you want a totally free game with no IAP, go get one. It probably won't be as well-produced as this one is. If you want another awesome game, but without IAP, go get one of those. It'll cost more up front, and won't be constantly updated, but nobody will offer you more purchases. Isn't the free economy glorious?

• Options
    If you read my first and second post in this thread, you can see that i thought it was only a bad planned event, but then Mr Glu said everybody cold have paid their way to complete it in 5 minutes, that was the explanation, for me, of the reason it was so bad planned. I am entitled to have my own opinion as anybody else.
    For the free offers, not everywhere they are avaliable, i get only 3 stars in more than 4 months, so please, before preaching me find reliable informations. Don't get upset, it is only a game!
    ps: the free to play model with IAP is so mainstream that i challenge you to find mobile games that don't use it.
  • Options
    If you read my first and second post in this thread, you can see that i thought it was only a bad planned event, but then Mr Glu said everybody cold have paid their way to complete it in 5 minutes, that was the explanation, for me, of the reason it was so bad planned. I am entitled to have my own opinion as anybody else.
    For the free offers, not everywhere they are avaliable, i get only 3 stars in more than 4 months, so please, before preaching me find reliable informations. Don't get upset, it is only a game!

Where you are, you can't click on the Kstar store and watch the advertisements in order to win 5 or 6 stars daily?? If true, that's a bummer, but I suspect it isn't Glu's choice (maybe legal restrictions on businesses from your government, or something). Glu does attempt to provide the option.

Sorry, but you do sound pretty entitled, grieving that you have to take your kindle to a party. Too bad, so sad.

• Options
    ps: the free to play model with IAP is so mainstream that i challenge you to find mobile games that don't use it.[/QUOTE]

Right-- pick your poison. The few things that nobody hopes to be paid for are probably gonna be pretty lame. Do you get all of the fun stuff in your life completely for free? This conversation is clearly going to be circular.

• Options
    I think you are more bitter than needed. I don't care a lot if you think that i am cheap but try to stay polite.
    I live in western europe , in a country with no resctrictions, and no, i cannot get 5 or 6 stars everyday, maybe if i open the right gift box i can get them once in a blue moon.
    I played this game on my Kindle first, then for a short time on an Android device and on a iOS device (botth not mine, botth with video and free offers) and i can tell you that the Kindle game is the thoughest one. No offers and no time cheat (if you were wondering about it, it is impossible on a not rooted Kindle).
    This was only to show you that there are situations where all your nice words won't apply. While you can have 40-50 stars for free every week, not everyone can. Do you think 5 bucks of k stars for free every week doesn't make a differenze in your glorious free economy?
  • Options
    I think you are more bitter than needed. I don't care a lot if you think that i am cheap but try to stay polite.
    I live in western europe , in a country with no resctrictions, and no, i cannot get 5 or 6 stars everyday, maybe if i open the right gift box i can get them once in a blue moon.
    I played this game on my Kindle first, then for a short time on an Android device and on a iOS device (botth not mine, botth with video and free offers) and i can tell you that the Kindle game is the thoughest one. No offers and no time cheat (if you were wondering about it, it is impossible on a not rooted Kindle).
    This was only to show you that there are situations where all your nice words won't apply. While you can have 40-50 stars for free every week, not everyone can. Do you think 5 bucks of k stars for free every week doesn't make a differenze in your glorious free economy?

I haven't used a time cheat either, if YOU were wondering about it. I don't see why you continue to play a game that frustrates you so much. Why be unhappy?

I'm actually pretty happy about the KKH situation, not bitter at all, which why I'm defending it. I also don't think it indicates bitterness to answer someone's comments on a public forum. If you didn't want others to read and respond to your thoughts, you would have emailed Glu directly with your complaints. I just don't happen to agree with you, so you don't like what I'm writing. As you said, everyone's opinion is valid-- even mine!

How about we try to agree? Let's agree that nobody loves to pay for things, and that some people REALLY don't like to pay for things. Let's also agree that this conversation is basically pointless.

Have a lovely day! May there be tons of free stuff for you everywhere!

• Options
    You are going on subtly insulting people you don't know (some people REALLY don't like to pay for things) and i am not going to tell if or how much i spent, as i won't ask you the same thing sa i really don't care.
    Happy to hear you are enjoying the game, i really hope it will last very long and have a wonderful day.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Well, I am one of those players who complains from time to time, but then is quick to praise and defend Glu and the game. If you go out to buy a computer game, or playstation, xbox game, etc. you can eaily drop 60$ right off the bat. For free I got the KKH game. Then I liked it so much, I got another for my ipad, and then dug up an old Android Tablet and started playing that one. All for free. (Saved 180+tax) Then I saw that with any Star purchase....I would eliminate those tedius ads and promos that pop up when you're trying to click on your payout, or going to a new screen. Best money ever spent. 3 devices- 10 per device so 30 gave each device 105 K Stars, and took away the ads. Money well spent. I could have done 5 each game, but I wanted the jet at 120 KStars each. Now I didn't pay for airfare. my bank started increasing faster. I'm loving the game.

Now ditto everything LuzVarias said in defense of Glu. Echoed my thoughts exactly.

And, even though I have from time to time made in app purchases, I completed the gig in plenty of time without buying energy, buying event clothes, or spending any money on the event. And I did it 3 times - once for each device. There is a difference between a 24 hour gig, and an event that is open for 24 hours. We had to do 9 hours of gig, in 3 hour segments over the course of 24 hours. If you have no problem doing an 8 hour gig with 8 hours on the clock, you can certainly do 9 hours of gig with 24 hours on the clock.

It wasn't a 24 hour gig. it was start the clock...do a 3hr party (with full energy this can be done nearly immediately) recharge for 4 hours? Do another 3 hour gig with full power, wait at least 4 hours of however much is left of the 24 hours. I believe I did mine within about a 9 hour period. A little planning can go a long way in this situation.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary