Options

Scam...?

RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
Can Glu do something about the Gamer Tricks page on FB that's posting a 999k K-Stars and Dollars giveaway thing? :S
GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)

Comments

• Options
    QingpingQingping Registered Users 16 Posts
    I do agree. MANY games (Tons or few etc) don't allow cheating which is quite unacceptable. From my prespective, I am sick of GLU that they don't care about this and they act like that they not gonna take the idea and solve it.
  • Options
    I just feel like this page, especially, is taking advantage of a lot of people. It just popped up on my feed as a "Suggested Post" O.o.

• Options
    Bump??? :x.

• Options
    simonebankssimonebanks Registered Users 22 Posts
    I saw that same offer today. A lot of people were saying that it worked. They were posting screenshots. I doubt it works. But who knows... ����
  • Options
    I saw that same offer today. A lot of people were saying that it worked. They were posting screenshots. I doubt it works. But who knows... ����

I don't think they're related to Glu at all :S. -waits for gluadmin's comment- xD.

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    I agree about the page mentioned I saw it. But I think it's wrong to come into Glu's forum and scold them for not doing more to stop cheaters. With every update they're trying to fix it. Glu doesn't encourage it, but it's unrealistic to NOT think some people are going to try and beat the system. I think they're discouraging it, and trying to stop it, but they can't be everywhere on the web all the time.

Glu is the victim here, losing revenue, so why blame them for not doing more? Someone takes my wallet, are you going to blame and shame me because I wasn't able to stop it? Maybe I don't understand this thread. That scam page is bad, yes. But how does Glu get the blame for it?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I agree about the page mentioned I saw it. But I think it's wrong to come into Glu's forum and scold them for not doing more to stop cheaters. With every update they're trying to fix it. Glu doesn't encourage it, but it's unrealistic to NOT think some people are going to try and beat the system. I think they're discouraging it, and trying to stop it, but they can't be everywhere on the web all the time.

Glu is the victim here, losing revenue, so why blame them for not doing more? Someone takes my wallet, are you going to blame and shame me because I wasn't able to stop it? Maybe I don't understand this thread. That scam page is bad, yes. But how does Glu get the blame for it?

I don't see how I'm scolding lol. I'm just bringing attention to that specific page which seems to be scamming tons of people. So if I can bring attention to that and try to get it removed, then I will lol. Like how they were looking for the owner of the other KKH fansite page. So why can't I ask if they can do something about that page? I never even said a whole variety of pages, I just said one specific one. So yeah, I don't think I was rude at all, thank you. :)

• Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Well, we do what we can to remove impostor pages and prevent hacking/cheating from within the game because of course cheating/hacking is prohibited. However, we have no control over third party apps and can't do much aside from reporting them. As for "taking advantage of people" aren't they the ones going to a site that's offering them a hack or a way to cheat? Aren't they the ones taking advantage of something. And then when it doesn't work out the way they wanted, it's Glu's responsibility to do something about it?

(And, as an aside... where do you think all that free gifting is coming from? Hmmmm... bit of a paradox)
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Well, we do what we can to remove impostor pages and prevent hacking/cheating from within the game because of course cheating/hacking is prohibited. However, we have no control over third party apps and can't do much aside from reporting them. As for "taking advantage of people" aren't they the ones going to a site that's offering them a hack or a way to cheat? Aren't they the ones taking advantage of something. And then when it doesn't work out the way they wanted, it's Glu's responsibility to do something about it?

(And, as an aside... where do you think all that free gifting is coming from? Hmmmm... bit of a paradox)

Yes, but while there's going to be hack's for all games unfortunately, this one was like literally putting itself out there because it was even a suggested post LOL. It had thousands of likes when I saw it so people were I guess thinking it was real, and it said to fill-out a survey, and post they love KK, etc. I was reading through the comments (I wasn't going to click on their link to see the exact page because I was too scared to get a virus on my computer xD), I even posted it was a scam on their status lol :x, but people usually don't listen anyways. So, obviously they were making money or something off of it which I find gross. But people were saying they never got anything anyways...well duh, shocker x]....I just think even though it's wrong to try and get a hack, it's also wrong scamming people for their benefit as well and taking advantage of others. Welcome back btw ;D.

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    RawryRawr wrote: »
    I don't see how I'm scolding lol. I'm just bringing attention to that specific page which seems to be scamming tons of people. So if I can bring attention to that and try to get it removed, then I will lol. Like how they were looking for the owner of the other KKH fansite page. So why can't I ask if they can do something about that page? I never even said a whole variety of pages, I just said one specific one. So yeah, I don't think I was rude at all, thank you. :)

No. lol. You weren't scolding. It was a different poster, just forgot the name but they said "I'm sick of Glu" I believe for not cracking down harder. Just thought that was like holding the victim responsible for bad stuff other people are doing.

And yes, I was on FB I think, or google+ on a game related site when something popped up and said I should go to this link, and that was the one about all the Stars and whatever else. Sounds like the same one in question. But RawwryRawr, I've read a lot of your posts, and you didn't disparage the game. lol or Glu. We all complain about some things.....but your complaints and mine seem to be pretty lined up together, I think. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    No. lol. You weren't scolding. It was a different poster, just forgot the name but they said "I'm sick of Glu" I believe for not cracking down harder. Just thought that was like holding the victim responsible for bad stuff other people are doing.

And yes, I was on FB I think, or google+ on a game related site when something popped up and said I should go to this link, and that was the one about all the Stars and whatever else. Sounds like the same one in question. But RawwryRawr, I've read a lot of your posts, and you didn't disparage the game. lol or Glu. We all complain about some things.....but your complaints and mine seem to be pretty lined up together, I think. lol.

Oh, okay that's good because I thought the same too about us LOL <3. Plus I love your posts. ^.^