Options

No More 24hr Gigs?

ToxicUnicornsToxicUnicorns Registered Users 25 Posts
I recently spent all of my cash purchasing the mansion in Calabasas. Now, I do not regret my purchase but I would certainly like to regain my money. In my opinion, the easiest way to do so is to complete 24hr gigs since they have the highest payout. My only issue is that Simon only hours me 1, 3, and 8 hour gigs.
Are 24hr gigs still available?

Comments

• Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    No they're not. Many others complained it was too long but there's some out there that want it back, so it was posted in the suggestion thread.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    LOL. Sorry- but some people complain about 24-hour gigs, some complain about the shorties. Can't please everyone.

At least here's some good feedback about the value of long gigs! I tend to agree. I get too stressed during the short ones.
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    So it would be awesome if they gave us the choice to choose how many hours, that way everyone wins! :D
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Here was my strategy: During the week while nothing urgent was going on I'd take the 24 hour gigs anytime AFTER 11 a.m. That way if I needed the whole time I would get up in the morning, energy full and usually finish it. But during the 24 hour gigs, I did other things. I would take a date during the 24 hour things. Then, when the weekend came if there was a work to earn outfit, or something pressing, I would take the shorter gigs. And I found the game to be intuitive. If he offered 2 1 hour gigs, a 3 and an 8, if I passed for an hour, and usually a 24 would be tossed in there. The more I did 24 hour ones, the more often they were offered. And once the weekend came and I took shorter ones, it would start offering more shorter ones. So, either it was intuitive, or I have too much time on my hands if I think puter games are thinking now. lol.

And multitasking during a day long gig added a little more excitement, you had to remember where you're doing what, when the things are ending.....it seemed like more than just hitting targets and releasing payouts. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Mari CMari C Registered Users 19 Posts
    I got very stressed with 24 hr gigs, because I had to do some parties or shorter gigs in between and energy is too llittle and it takes too long to refill so you need to waste a lot of money and time traveling one place to another clicking on everything to refill faster. Anyway I think it would be a good idea to give us the choice of hours we want the gig to last, that way everybody would be happy.
  • Options
    I agree Mari. Let everyone choose their own time. lol. Hey, you DO know that you can just keep telling Simon to "Keep Looking" while you're doing other things don't you? So depending on how much you want to push yourself, you can be in a 24 gig, on a date, AND doing one of Simon's "I've got something fro you" gigs. or......you can leisurely do the 24, turn down a date (be careful tho I missed a date and was promptly divorced, tell Simon to keep looking. At first I felt I always had to take a gig from Simon, but hey. He works for me, getting me gigs but he can't force me to do more than I want to. ;) Now with Kris as a manager, I don't think I would be telling her no. She is tough as nails.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    My vote is still to up the rewards for 8-hour and 12-hour gigs and stick in 6-hour ones before bringing back 24-hour gigs. D; They could bring them back and put them on quests/missions too and nonono LOL.
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
  • Options
    I don't think they'd make a time limited mission. Those are pretty well thought out and try to give everyone enough time to complete them. I just don't understand why people who wouldn't CHOOSE to do the 24 hour gigs when Simon says 'Here's what I've got' would want to say others CAN't do them. All kinds of people play the game. Students, 20 somethings, guys, girls, employees, unemployed, wives, mothers, daughters, sons. Now let's all the regions. Everyone has different needs. If the game becomes inconvenient, you stop playing. So, the game started and gigs ranged from 1 - 24 hours. Maybe people made a mistake and chose the 24 when they wanted a 3 or an 8, so they complain. We all complain about something. But now they've eliminated the OPTION to do a 24 hour gig. The ones in favor of 24 hour gigs are asking for them to be put back, and people who don't like them say Don't bring them back. No one is FORCING anyone to do a 24.

This is like the Subway saying we might put the L trains back in service.
    People who ride the F train say no. I just don't get it. Personally, if I rode the F train, and heard that people wanted the L train back, I'd probably lend a voice to help them in their quest.

Just because Lemonade is on the menu, you don't have to order it.

Oh, and the suggestion to up rewards should stand on it's own, regardless of how people feel about different times gig duration. And, I mean none of this in a snarky manner. It's hard to portray tone of voice on a forum.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JaniaSoloJaniaSolo Registered Users 57 Posts
    I don't think they'd make a time limited mission. Those are pretty well thought out and try to give everyone enough time to complete them. I just don't understand why people who wouldn't CHOOSE to do the 24 hour gigs when Simon says 'Here's what I've got' would want to say others CAN't do them. All kinds of people play the game. Students, 20 somethings, guys, girls, employees, unemployed, wives, mothers, daughters, sons. Now let's all the regions. Everyone has different needs. If the game becomes inconvenient, you stop playing. So, the game started and gigs ranged from 1 - 24 hours. Maybe people made a mistake and chose the 24 when they wanted a 3 or an 8, so they complain. We all complain about something. But now they've eliminated the OPTION to do a 24 hour gig. The ones in favor of 24 hour gigs are asking for them to be put back, and people who don't like them say Don't bring them back. No one is FORCING anyone to do a 24.

People who ride the F train say no. I just don't get it. Personally, if I rode the F train, and heard that people wanted the L train back, I'd probably lend a voice to help them in their quest.

Oh, and the suggestion to up rewards should stand on it's own, regardless of how people feel about different times gig duration. And, I mean none of this in a snarky manner. It's hard to portray tone of voice on a forum.

This, this and THIS!
  • Options

Well, I feel like in general we should be getting at least a bit more from gigs so if they decide to add 24-hour ones, at least make it worth it, that's really my only reason :p. I'm just used to Stardom Hollywood's XP and $ payout probably ahaha.

• Options
    When you look at it, we're getting about 100 for a one hour gig, and if I remember the 24 hour gigs paid 1200? so it's not flat across the board. I would love to see more cash/stars/yellow circles - more payout for all our jobs. I am so in agreement with that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    When you look at it, we're getting about 100 for a one hour gig, and if I remember the 24 hour gigs paid 1200? so it's not flat across the board. I would love to see more cash/stars/yellow circles - more payout for all our jobs. I am so in agreement with that.

Yeah, my 1-hour gigs have been giving me like $100-$110 and 20XP and a 3-hour I get $200 and only 70XP O.o lol. >.< I thought it changed if you did a gig like in Paris vs Downtown LA but I don't think it does.