The Best Way to Save/Transfer your Game

KuroKuro Moderators 178 Posts
The Best Way to Save/Transfer your Game

A lot of you have been wondering how to save your game permanently to avoid losing progress or want to transfer your game to another device. Here's a technical way to do it.

You most likely cannot transfer your game from iOS to Android using this method.

 iOS 
While iCloud saves help, it automatically saves any recent progress meaning glitches can be saved. The best thing for an iOS user to do is to download something called iFunBox. This program allows you to access your application files.

Steps to Save your Files:
1. Connect your device to your computer. Make sure iFunBox recognizes and reads it.
2. On the left hand side, there should be a list of things including your User Applications.
3. Find the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood app. You can either check the drop down list from User Applications or click User Applications and search through the grid of apps.
4. Open the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood App. It should show a few folders and the app icon.
5. Find the folder called Documents. Copy and Paste this to your computer by dragging the folder into desired location. Keep this in a safe place.

Steps to Transfer your Files:
1. After saving that Documents folder, connect iFunBox to your second device that you want the game save to be transferred to.
2. Make sure you have completely closed the app on your device. Double-tap the home button and swipe the app away or tap the (-) on the app depending on your version.
3. Find the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood app again. Simply replace that Documents folder in iFunBox with the one you saved from your first device. You can easily do this by clicking and dragging the folder from your computer to iFunBox.
4. Open your game to check if it has worked!

Now whenever you are glitched or completely messed something up, you can replace the Documents folder with the one you saved onto your computer. Remember to do this often if you really want to keep your files in check. I can confirm that this method worked for me, but always expect some errors to occur.

 Android 
For Android, you can simply plug in your device to your computer via USB and manage the files there. Androids can be different however, so I suggest to do research on your personal device for more details.

Once you get your device connected, you can simply operate your device like an external drive. Navigate through your device, copy the folder "com.glu.stardomkim" - that is under data (under Android), and paste it to your computer and the same location on the other device.

Now whenever you have a possible glitch that prevents progression, you can replace the folder and it should work. Again, it's not a 100% guarantee but it may help. Note that it has not been confirmed whether or not transferring from Android device to another device works.

I am not responsible for any errors that may occur in these procedures.
Do this at your own risk.

Hope this helps!
ru75go.png
Prev134

Comments

• KuriyamaMiraiKuriyamaMirai Registered Users 1 Posts
    Android to Android - WORKS! :)

Transfered from a BLU Studio 5.5 to a Sony Xperia J and it works. Just copied the folder "com.glu.stardomkim" - that is under data (under Android), and paste it to the same location on the other device.
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Awesome! Glad it worked for you :D
  • KuroKuro Moderators 178 Posts
    Thanks for the information! I'm glad someone was brave enough to do this xD !!
    ru75go.png
  • Sadiesjhoward@gmail.comSadiesjhoward@gmail.com Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm using a iPhone but I'm going to have to switch back an android. Is there any way I can move it from an iPhone to a android? Why can't I just save my progress through Facebook? Please help I've spent a lot of money and time on this game and I don't know want to have to start over!
    It is not possible to transfer game data from apple to Android or vice versa sadly due to it being different platforms :/
  • colew0rldcolew0rld Registered Users 1 Posts
    how can I transfer the game on my iPhone to my Mac?
    It is not possible, sadly. Mac and Iphone are different platforms :/
  • MimicaponeMimicapone Registered Users 70 Posts
    I'm going to try this although I'm so mad I dropped my iPhone nd if course the screen cracked. This was over a mo ago. I didn't replaced my phone because I didn't want to lose my status on the game Lolol smh but I can't no longer deal with this cracked screen.
    Oh my gawd! So sorry to hear about your phone! This is a great way to back up your game! If you backup your device to itunes you should be able to restore your game onto your new device by selecting "Restore from backup" but yes please do this way too for extra backup of your game :D
  • Ro3265Ro3265 Registered Users 1 Posts
    So I want to reset my game but I've spent money on the one I have if I reset do I get that money back on the game?
  • HelenaHandbasketHelenaHandbasket Registered Users 4 Posts
    If you transfer from Android to Android, do you need to download the app first on the second device and then just replace the folder? Or is just putting the folder from one device to another enough? Thanks in advance.
  • Abby_baby99Abby_baby99 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I need major help! I deleted the app but kept it in game centre and when I reinstalled everything was gone! I was an A-lister and now it's all gone 😿 PLEASE tell me there is a way I can't get it all back. Please. Thank you! Abby xx
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    You can't use iFunBox on iOS unless you are jailbroke, which means those of us upgrading to the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus are screwed and will lose the game. Glu really needs to fix this. All games transfer so I do t know why they aren't addressing this. With all the money I have spent it would be nice to not lose everything. Instead they are losing a player who is daily with multiple cash purchases. Not any more!! It's simply a waste because they do not save the games on their servers. Sad.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • wensiewensie Registered Users 62 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    You can't use iFunBox on iOS unless you are jailbroke, which means those of us upgrading to the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus are screwed and will lose the game. Glu really needs to fix this. All games transfer so I do t know why they aren't addressing this. With all the money I have spent it would be nice to not lose everything. Instead they are losing a player who is daily with multiple cash purchases. Not any more!! It's simply a waste because they do not save the games on their servers. Sad.

I will be upgrading to iphone6... There is no way to transfer the game??
    Weird my phone isn't jailbroken and this works fine on mine :/ But yes you an transfer your game another way if you play on an iphone/ipad/ipod and are upgrading to a newer model.

All you have to do is perform a full backup on itunes with your current device on itunes. Then connect your new device and select "Restore from backup" this will transfer everything including game data to your new device :)
  • wensiewensie Registered Users 62 Posts
    Weird my phone isn't jailbroken and this works fine on mine :/ But yes you an transfer your game another way if you play on an iphone/ipad/ipod and are upgrading to a newer model.

All you have to do is perform a full backup on itunes with your current device on itunes. Then connect your new device and select "Restore from backup" this will transfer everything including game data to your new device :)

Thanks for the info
  • lucerogaraylucerogaray Registered Users 1 Posts
    This happened to me too, I'm so mad... Not fair.
  • ArianeAriane Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi guys - so I had the game on my Samsung Galaxy from day one. The phone broke, I had to get a new one and now I have the Blackberry Passport. Today I've installed the Snap App which is a connection to the Google Play Store so I can use all the Android - Apps on the BB. I've signed in with my regular Google account and installed the KK Hollywood game right away. Unfortunately it starts from the very beginning, asking me to customize my figure. How can I get back to my old game? Is there a chance to sign in with the old account information? Thanks everyone in advance!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Another Happy Android Google+ game transferred to new Tablet like a breeze. I set up my device with the old device's google+ account and the game came with it. only thing is, when it opened to the customize screen, I freaked, shut it down and spent 3 hours backing up the old device, then trying to copy the files to my puter, then it dawned on me. I never got to tell it what to call me. So........back to open the game, get to the scary customize screen, ignore it and click the start button and it gave me the choice of device a or b. one said level 28 and other stats, and the other said level one. My heart was pounding....OMG, it's here, then be careful to choose the right one......and screen, and wait and load and on and on. The adreniline is pumping and finally.........YES! There I was in my clothes, with my stuff, and I was all set to go. Where I left off yesterday morning when the old device finally started to die. Christmas was right on time. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • simonebankssimonebanks Registered Users 22 Posts
    Thanks a lot! ☺☺
  • morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    The Android save worked for me
    Glad this is working for everyone :D
  • shai_loveshai_love Registered Users 36 Posts
    I'm getting a new phone next week (screen cracked months ago, I was too lazy to replace it), but I have a SD card & was planning on saving the game to that so I can easily put it on my new phone. Will this not work?
    Its good to be backed up in case it doesn't go smoothly, but when you open up the game on your new device, hopefully your game will be saved onto the 'cloud' be it Apple or Android, and so when you put in your id, there's a good chance your game will be there. Read here for a better response. ;)http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?124538-In-App-Purchases
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Nightraven831Nightraven831 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Is there an easier way to transfer the game from my iPhone to my iPad?
    We've listed the best chances. Easy is relative, some people are fine, others like me are petrified of losing my game and takes more precautions than necessary. lol

Good news..........it is possible. If you have specific questions, I would run another search for transferring game or something. But if we knew of an easier way, we would post it. If you want a larger response base, feel free to start a thread in general discusion Any shortcuts to moving game from ipad to iphone (or whatever) and see if you get suggestions better suited to you.

Just remember, there is no guarantee for any of this, and it's all done at your own risk. I've posted how I did it, and thankfully after my 2nd switch, I haven't had to transfer a game since December. Good luck and of course, you're free to post here more, but basically what's in this thread has been tried and worked. But often if people take shortcuts, the end up starting new games. Double check everything before you start.

And again, check the General Discussion. There are people who uninstall and reinstall their games all the time, and I don't have the stomach for it. Good luck, hope this helps in some small way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    I would like to save my present game on one iOS device and start a new game on a second without overwriting the present game. Should I do what has been advised for transferring, except, choose the level 1 game instead of the higher-level game? I'd like to play at collecting and wearing the male clothing.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    RubyD wrote: »
    I would like to save my present game on one iOS device and start a new game on a second without overwriting the present game. Should I do what has been advised for transferring, except, choose the level 1 game instead of the higher-level game? I'd like to play at collecting and wearing the male clothing.
    Have you already set your Game Center id for the second device? Cos if not you should be able to just start over like normal right? You can make a new GC id for the second device. I tried this the other day for the same reason as you but I'm too used to playing on my phone playing on an iPad was too strange with the screen size change!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Have you already set your Game Center id for the second device? Cos if not you should be able to just start over like normal right? You can make a new GC id for the second device. I tried this the other day for the same reason as you but I'm too used to playing on my phone playing on an iPad was too strange with the screen size change!
    Different GC ID, but same iTunes/iCloud account where the games are saved. The idea of choosing the new game then overwriting the established one makes me cringe. How did you get around the overwriting thing?
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    RubyD wrote: »
    Different GC ID, but same iTunes/iCloud account where the games are saved. The idea of choosing the new game then overwriting the established one makes me cringe. How did you get around the overwriting thing?
    Oh yeah of course I forgot about the Apple ID thing, I used my mums iPad so it wasn't an issue. I bet Koko or someone could tell you what to do, def not worth risking your current game you're right!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.