WOW.. *Spending* Tons of our Own K Stars is the Big "VIP" Weekend Event?!

WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
So happy that I was anxiously awaiting this :(
Horrid OVERALLS for 60 K Stars?!

What a huge disappointment... sorry, had to say something.

This really sucks for those of us who aren't made of money, or cannot watch videos for free K Stars... pretty much ever.

And even since the update, gigs are STILL 24 hours apart?!

Might be time to become unaddicted to this game.

Ok venting done :(
Prev13

Comments

• KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Totally agree , God knows how many k stars we would have to spend to get the pinstripe trousers etc , totally not worth it
  • Jacks032/Jacks032/ Registered Users 42 Posts
    I hear ya, I'm a bit annoyed myself. I play a lot and watch as many videos as I can, but I have to prioritize what I spend my K stars on. No ugly overalls for me!! And I totally agree about everything being 24 hours apart- that sucks! At least make it 12, even 15 hours! Not a FULL day. My guess is, they're s****ing hard to make us buy more K stars since there is sooooooo much gifting of wardrobes going on that they can't control, & making gigs 24 hours away is probably another way to spend their K stars to speed it up.

I'm so glad with this update they added a ton of new clothes that cost money!!! I just can't buy any of them lol....I've been saving and saving & I need that Hamptons house first!! :P
    :cool: Add me in Game Center, I play Kim Kardashian Hollywood!
    My username is Jacks0322
  • Jacks032/Jacks032/ Registered Users 42 Posts
    I don't know why my word was sensored???? Lol that's so weird. I put the word s c r a p...with an "ing" at the end.
    :cool: Add me in Game Center, I play Kim Kardashian Hollywood!
    My username is Jacks0322
  • LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Glu has done it again. They paired an old outfit, the overalls, with a bracelet and ta-da. Jeez, they need to put different colored clothing items in gift boxes at least.

86fe3f13-dc42-417e-bbf0-64bb4f954f70_zpsf65d7e66.png
    (Mainly for those who have said overalls)
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    ICAM koko... on all counts!!!

Working for exclusive clothes or K Stars, is the most fun & addictive part of playing the game! I also went nuts buying clothes, hair, shoes during the black friday sale. I doubt they're really listening tho... they want us to buy, buy, buy morrrrrrre stars! coz kimmy k doesn't have enuf money... ya know lol.... righhhhhht ;)

Hopefully there'll be some good weekend specials that are fun & addicting coming up, if not... I'm done... this is just becoming a cash grab. I also have no problem spending real money.... when it's worth it! I was going to spend some major this weekend... I really wanted to finally buy the private jet & also the new Hamptons House & the dog... not anymore. if they're not going to balance ppl shelling out cash with fun/lucrative missions... screw it, not worth my time or money.

I mean those ratchet overalls = the equivalent in stars, of half the private jet!?

smh.... makes no sense.

And... the "get free k stars" area has NEVER worked on my game... so at least some of you here can save up... some of us android users are sol & have to work for every darn star, or purchase them... so unfair.

listen to koko, Glu... she knows what's up.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm grateful that the final VIP Handbag prize doesn't contain a monkey, or a teacup horse (does that exist??), or something else funky and irresistible!

I love this prize-earning format for the grinding events, but since we know from them that the cost per prize will accelerate quickly, it's hard to really get involved when Kstar purchases are required.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• ChiyoChiyo Registered Users 65 Posts
    The weekend event doesn't even show up for me anymore. That sometimes happened to me before, they took it back and made some changes to it before brining it back on the same day. I hope this will be the case here as well.
  • wensiewensie Registered Users 62 Posts
    Anyone know what is the total stars to spend in order to earn the prizes in VIP event??
    Jacks032/ wrote: »
    I don't know why my word was sensored???? Lol that's so weird. I put the word s c r a p...with an "ing" at the end.

Yeah, I love to see what triggers the bleeping! It reminds me of Jimmie Kimmel's bit "This Week in Unnecessary Censorship"-- he bleeps people like Obama, or the Pope, and it's much funnier than it should be.

I agree with you about the Hamptons, too. I love the house, private beach, Corgi. I may inadvertently play the VIP event a little in buying them.

This weekend event isn't totally my thing, but the update was pretty good!

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Yeah, I love to see what triggers the bleeping! It reminds me of Jimmie Kimmel's bit "This Week in Unnecessary Censorship"-- he bleeps people like Obama, or the Pope, and it's much funnier than it should be.

I agree with you about the Hamptons, too. I love the house, private beach, Corgi. I may inadvertently play the VIP event a little in buying them.

This weekend event isn't totally my thing, but the update was pretty good!

Are we awarded points toward the gift box, the pants, the top and the dog if we buy things other than clothes?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Are we awarded points toward the gift box, the pants, the top and the dog if we buy things other than clothes?

Presumably, buying the jet, cars, furniture, would do it! I don't have that stuff at all. I've really just obsessed with making my avatars look awesome, buying the biggest party house, the occasional dog...

I love when they have special edition hair to pursue! That, or a monkey in that handbag, would have had me in a swoon! :P

You are one smart cookie... koko :)

I too, bought gift cards yesterday in anticipation of the weekend, that will also now sit in my purse until something here... or elsewhere comes along... way to crunch those numbers... & make it so easy to understand... *** hopefully *** someone is listening.

I like the dress for Misty's secret fashion show... but the realish looking fur trim grosses me out a bit, why not black faux looking fur? some of us have no interest in wearing little animals... virtual or not! :/

sorry about all my whining y'all... just disappointed.
    have a great weekend all :)
    Right on, Kokokokonut! Virtual sales are such fun.

Jacks.... apparently "C.R.A.P" is a bad word here lol.
    The Hamptons update IS cool... I like having the ability to drive everywhere... thanks for that Glu.
  • C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    So upset with this VIP week end! I was hoping to have new outfits with gigs!!! Instead I need to pay with the stars that I want to keep for the plane! Won't spend cash that I need to keep for other things!!
    I already need more clothes for bonus I won't pay for something that is not exceptionnal!! Come on!!!!
    Sorry I'm a little bit disappointed right now :(
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p
  • RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    wensie wrote: »
    Anyone know what is the total stars to spend in order to earn the prizes in VIP event??
    Well I know the top is 250 K-Stars!! And I don't plan on finding out what the purse with the kitty is LOL. It's SO ridiculous. I feel like it's even more than the last one we had for the BF Event. I did purchase K-Stars, never ever did I hack or cheat. I'm about done now after this really lol. Just not going to buy anymore.
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
    There is that one dress we can earn with just playing the game and doing well. I guess we have to look at it as, 'maybe next week'. I remember seeing a sale on Stars once, but I was brand new and didn't think I should spend money for a game that was free. Now I'm older and wiser. lol. I have the funds in place now, just waiting for a bonafide S.A.L.E. or is that a bad word too? Anyway Clar0u, are you android or ios?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    RawryRawr wrote: »
    Well I know the top is 250 K-Stars!! And I don't plan on finding out what the purse with the kitty is LOL. It's SO ridiculous. I feel like it's even more than the last one we had for the BF Event. I did purchase K-Stars, never ever did I hack or cheat. I'm about done now after this really lol. Just not going to buy anymore.

The shirt is 250 Kstars!? Yikes. I know you'd be getting it in addition to 250 kstars' worth of purchases, but yikes. Maybe someone will see the price on the kitten bag-- I'm morbidly curious...

I'd also love to see the end result of this event-- what percentage of players complete this event? Oh well.

• BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    I inadvertently participated in the last event where you had to buy things with K-stars...never would do it on purpose! K-stars are sacred, precious things. :P

I feel like this event is a rip. The new clothes + the Hamptons is a good addition though. I ain't mad about it.
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
  • BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'd also love to see the end result of this event-- what percentage of players complete this event? Oh well.

I wanna know that, too! As well as how much the kitten and bag combo costs...
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    Bria wrote: »

I think it was 500 Kstars but I can't really remember so not sure how accurate I my guess, sorry:(
    Sophie
  • KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Was actually lucky for once. I brought the dog in calabasas as I read he gives you double energy etc , then I managed to open the black box and I got my 40 stars back woohoooo
    Bria wrote: »

It's actually 200 k-stars.
  • DebbieNDebbieN Registered Users 9 Posts
    I am so bummed! I only use my K stars on important stuff, I don't throw them around. I hated my name , so last night just 4 hours before this "use your Kstars and earn great stuff" thing started, I spent 50 Kstars to change my name and not lose 30% of my followers. I am so bummed. 50!!! I could have changed my name anytime but no, I had to use my stars so now I really won't earn all of the gifts. I won't spend cash for these things. Grrrrrrrrrr
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    So, incidentally *if* you spend stars for energy or to speed up the secret Misty gigs, those do count toward the VIP outfit. So for those who roll that way, it's a way to get a double benefit from the spending.
    Good to know about the pets and speed ups counting. Hmmmm, I can always use more pets. My whole thing about the Hamptons, growing up by them the beach isn't as special as say the Mexico house or the miami house. Ok, what house past the Sydney Yatch is a big house for the cash and you can get a nice pet? I've bought no real estate since the Australia update.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Good to know about the pets and speed ups counting. Hmmmm, I can always use more pets. My whole thing about the Hamptons, growing up by them the beach isn't as special as say the Mexico house or the miami house. Ok, what house past the Sydney Yatch is a big house for the cash and you can get a nice pet? I've bought no real estate since the Australia update.

There's always Dubai. You get the sweet lion.
    I'll go right over and check. But, to do this for a giftbox, sigh. I remember how ungifty the last ones were, and I'm afraid I'll kick myself. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary