How ****pie... Secret Event

lovejana22lovejana22 Registered Users 65 Posts
So Simon called me about the secret event. It says it will be available in 23 hours, the problem is I have 23 hours to get it done!!! REALLY.... WHO DECIDED ON THAT MATH

Comments

• LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    What? That's just the waiting time period for the gig to be available. You'll still get to complete it.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    lovejana22 wrote: »
    So Simon called me about the secret event. It says it will be available in 23 hours, the problem is I have 23 hours to get it done!!! REALLY.... WHO DECIDED ON THAT MATH

Same thing for me but I have 8hours left after... Really unfair.. I need to be sure to Check the clock tomorrow and that I won't be on another gig...
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p
  • lovejana22lovejana22 Registered Users 65 Posts
    The waiting time on mine is the same as the time it says I have left to do it. It's crazy
  • dedagsdedags Registered Users 66 Posts
    yeah lmao mine says "Complete Misty's "secret" fashion show at PopGlam in downtown LA (available in 23h 49m)" and the event literally ends in 1d 1h ("Get a 5-star rating on Misty's "secret" fashion show to get an exclusive clothing item (1d 1h remaining)")
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Does anyone know how many hours the fashion show is? I have to wait 22 hrs for it or use k stars...is it 2 or 3 events for the dress? I've completed the first one. I so want that dress! ;)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    but i'm sure they did it on purpose, just to make us click on the "call now" thing because doing that costs stars lol
    i think the fashion show is the last thing we have to do, no?
    and how many stars does the "call now" thing costs? :/
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I have a horrible head cold that's making me stupid right now, so I may be totally wrong about everything I remember.

It seemed to me that the timing for this whole thing depended on whenever you personally initiated the first 24 hour waiting period on Friday. It also depended on how quickly you followed up to begin the subsequent waiting periods. It's definitely a "hurry up and wait" dynamic in order to coax Kstars out of us, but wasn't the overall timing of this thing up to us?

Full disclosure-- I can't start my "fashion's secret" gig until 7am tomorrow, so I may yet discover complications before it's over, but it doesn't seem too frantic to me. I think I checked for the update on Friday morning and started everything then. When did you guys start?

I think the fashion show IS the last thing. The cost to call now changes, decreasing as you get closer to the actual time of the event...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

yeah, i got the update friday too and started the event right away. well, if the cost decreases then i think i'll wait until like 1 hour before the time is up to do it lol :D
    but it doesn't cost more than 8 stars to click on "call now", right? because that's everything i have atm and i don't have any offers to do now, and i can't buy stars with real money
    I think it often costs MUCH more than 8 Kstars to rush things along! Right now, it'd cost me 20 Kstars to start, so if you're running later than me, you'd pay even more.

But the cost will definitely go down. I think it costs 2 stars to rush something that's an hour, or less, away.

• cheshyrecheshyre Registered Users 1 Posts
    Starting early costs 1 K* per half-hour, rounded UP.
    (e.g. 1 K* = 1 min - 30 min; 2 K* for 31 min - 1 hour)
    oh... how much time do you have left? just want to know how many hours 20 stars buy

and this is the last thing we have to do to finish this event, right?? cuz i'd hate myself if i wasted my stars to call simon with 1 hour left to complete the event only to find out i had to do more gigs to get the dress!!!
    cheshyre wrote: »
    Starting early costs 1 K* per half-hour, rounded UP.
    (e.g. 1 K* = 1 min - 30 min; 2 K* for 31 min - 1 hour)
    ooohh, i see. thanks :)
    dedags wrote: »
    ooohh, i see. thanks :)

There we go; I'm now 9hours 16 minutes away, and it's now dropped to 19 Kstars to rush, so it all fits.

I'm pretty sure that Misty's Secret "New Styles" show is the last hurdle.

LeyshlaGisel, are you there? Are you done already? Is "New Styles" the last thing?

So you can plan, the New Styles event takes 8 hours!

And now I'm done! The dress is pretty sweet for winter...

wait... new styles?? mine says "fashion's secret!" :/
    i remember i did a thing related to the event on friday i think??? well i remember i had tons of things to do after the update, and hm i did a thing on saturday i think (i remember waiting for my dress to arrive but then i got a call lol), and now this "fashion's secret" one. wait ok now if i rly think about it i'm not sure if the "fashion's secret" thing is my 2nd or 3rd thing to do?? no i think i only did 1 thing so far. yeah this will be the 2nd thing i think. i did the photoshoot ok now i can remember and now the "fashion's secret" thing is going to be the catwalk. this is a 2 or 3-part event??? because if it has 3 parts i won't be able to finish this. im so lost lol
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    it costed 49 stars for me to skip the wait times
    no i don't have any chill
  • LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    So you can plan, the New Styles event takes 8 hours!

And now I'm done! The dress is pretty sweet for winter...

Yeah, I finished everything. I'm stuck waiting for a next update or for them to add something new.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • JjewellsJjewells Registered Users 181 Posts
    Well, add me to the group of players that succumbed and got the dress. Don't judge me...it was a moment of weakness and that's all I'm gonna say about that *shushes*
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ∴°☆°ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ°☆°∴ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    ..*.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷGC: Jjewells!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.*..
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ∴°☆°ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ°☆°∴ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    wasted 6 stars to rush this up but i still have 4 hours left to do it and i'm almost half done so i think it was worth it :p
  • giggalzgiggalz Registered Users 8 Posts
    i have 4 hours and 19 mins to complete but wont get the call until 4 hours and 42 mins...i'm pretty peeved..how shady is this mess that you really are forced to use k coins to even get the dress for this goal?? I'm undecided whether I like the dress enough to use what little k coins I have to waste on this goal..I love this game..but stuff like this turns me off from wasting my time on it..
    giggalz wrote: »
    i have 4 hours and 19 mins to complete but wont get the call until 4 hours and 42 mins...i'm pretty peeved..how shady is this mess that you really are forced to use k coins to even get the dress for this goal?? I'm undecided whether I like the dress enough to use what little k coins I have to waste on this goal..I love this game..but stuff like this turns me off from wasting my time on it..
    idk i mean think. you can use 8 stars to call simon rn (id suggest you to wait a little more to call him so you'll waste less stars) and there's literally no clothing item that costs stars in the game that costs less than 10. and imo this dress looks reallyyyy nice... definetly worth 8-5 stars!!!!
    ive never bought stars with money, nor pretend to do so, and i happily used 6 of the 9 stars i had today to do this. plus it'll also count towards that vip event that's going on!!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Yeah, the dress is nice and once in a while you have to spend a couple of stars to make it happen.

I just saw dedags that you've never spent money. I was like that, but the ads in the game were driving me crazy. Best thing I ever did was buy stars, and then all the ads disappeared. The game is a gazillion times better now. Imagine the difference between commercial free television, and the constant barrage of commercials? What about when you finish a task in the game, and just as you go to scoop up your payout, and the add pops up? Then you go back and all your stuff has gone into your bank, but you don't get the satisfaction of picking it all up. So, if you don't spend another cent, buy the stars. Even the 5$ pack gets rid of the ads. (And if you double that - you get 105 Stars. 15 more and BAM the jet is yours and you are no longer paying airfare.
    Just speaking from experience, and I want everyone to enjoy the addiction as much as I do. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Just speaking from experience, and I want everyone to enjoy the addiction as much as I do. :)[/QUOTE] Kokokokonut

It's funny, I'm generally unwilling to spend money on apps! But with KKH, I was pretty much instantly hooked & instantly enraged by the cut-scene advertising, so I very quickly shelled out for a small pile of Kstars. (I really just like this game SO much more than the other ones I have. Then again, I usually like tower defense games, so it's a very different experience!) That was the beginning of the end!

In terms of the enhanced KKH experience, the biggest thing I've liked is having GC friends in my game. I'm so nosy that I enjoy seeing other people's outfits, their number of fans, what message they've put in their greeting, if they still seem to be actively playing or not...

Also, the purchase (finally!) of my own modes of transportation this weekend has been an epiphany!

• giggalzgiggalz Registered Users 8 Posts
    dedags wrote: »
    idk i mean think. you can use 8 stars to call simon rn (id suggest you to wait a little more to call him so you'll waste less stars) and there's literally no clothing item that costs stars in the game that costs less than 10. and imo this dress looks reallyyyy nice... definetly worth 8-5 stars!!!!
    ive never bought stars with money, nor pretend to do so, and i happily used 6 of the 9 stars i had today to do this. plus it'll also count towards that vip event that's going on!!

but i dont have that many k coins to begin with..and as many times as you need to do this or keep your significant other..forget about trying to actually afford the jet..why should i be forced to spend them just to finish a goal?? at least make it somewhat fair for others..especially those who dont hack their game..
    giggalz wrote: »
    but i dont have that many k coins to begin with..and as many times as you need to do this or keep your significant other..forget about trying to actually afford the jet..why should i be forced to spend them just to finish a goal?? at least make it somewhat fair for others..especially those who dont hack their game..

Yeah, this game would be tough as a freemium player! You guys have admirable self-discipline!

• BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    It's fun to work towards a goal though; the only reason I spent money (only like $4.99) was because I got an iTunes giftcard (so essentially, it was "free" for me..) and I wanted to get rid of the ads.
    Anything else though, I save up to buy. If I don't have enough money to buy something, I skip it - even if it's a one-time event. I just can't fathom spending real-life money for pixels and fake objects.
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
    Bria wrote: »
    It's fun to work towards a goal though; the only reason I spent money (only like $4.99) was because I got an iTunes giftcard (so essentially, it was "free" for me..) and I wanted to get rid of the ads.
    Anything else though, I save up to buy. If I don't have enough money to buy something, I skip it - even if it's a one-time event. I just can't fathom spending real-life money for pixels and fake objects.

Yeah, I get that totally about $ for fake objects. You're totally right. In some respects, though, I feel as though ALL types of purchases and interests can be seen as worth the same-- if you genuinely enjoy the experience of something, then that's what matters to you...

Also, I'm at the stage where my house is packed to bursting with my kids' toys and clothes, my husband's myriad toys and hobby gear. I'm actually fine with owning virtual stuff and borrowing books, etc, to avoid my house actually exploding from more junk! I feel like downsizing my ****, but nobody around me does right now. Virtual junk is fine with me. I live with crazed stuff enthusiasts.

• BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    Mm, I get what you mean - if you enjoy something enough, it can definitely make it worth it!
    And you're right; my in-game wardrobe takes up a lot less room than my real one. It's sometimes a lot cuter, too! ;]
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Here's how I rationalize it. What is the difference if you buy a game outright where maybe 60 is too much to shell out. I know it is harder for me to rationalize spending 60 on pixels and sound and graphics. I had the same, a gift card. So, I spent way less than 60, to make 3 games/devices add free. And, I saved so much game cash in airfare, it was win win I used to smoke, now THAT was a harmful waste of money. And, playing the game keeps my hands busy, is healthier, and has helped me drop 15 pounds I gained when I quit. so, that's my rationalization.

But simply spend the real cash as little as 5$ for 50 Stars and No More Ads. The flow of gameplay is so vastly improved. But, when you have the jet and the cheapest car, you can actually control how much energy you get in 5 minutes. lol. Before, going back and forth cost so much. It was crazy.

I'm not shilling for Glu. I just want everyone who is addicted and posting here, to enjoy it as much as they can.

I broke down and bought the suite in Dubai so I could get the baby lion. That got me a Box, and the pants. I'm good with that. But I'm just surprised. It's usually cumulative as you're earning things this way. It's never reset to zero after each item. If that's the case, you should get to pick and choose. I would have skipped the top. I paired my ruffled black shirt with the pants and knee high boots, but I would have liked the bag. Actually, I would sell my husband for that little dog that was in a purse on a special event a while back. The outfit was nothing I would wear, but I couldn't get just the little puppy. So adorable.

So, in the end, I got a gift (oh no. someone actually spent 15 Stars to earn a box and got the ****y prize hair. The mullet shag with kinky bangs? ) the pants, the baby lion and the black gown I earned with labor. What I thought would chew, wasn't a total loss, but wow. Please no more major disappointments. Can we please have a really nice event with something for everyone, garage sale, cheaper stars, and a good outfit to work for. Ahhh, a girl can dream can't she?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary