Options

Does Your "Catwalk" Achievement Meter Work?

WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
Mine has been stuck at 10% since it was introduced... Weeks!

I just finished Misty's Secret Fashion Show... 8 Hour Gig.

No Movement.

My "Big Spender" one is also stuck, all other Achievements are Complete.

Please comment if yours is working, or not.

Comments

• Options
    PabloPicassoPabloPicasso Registered Users 55 Posts
    Wrote a post about it. You need to tap on the "pivot" icon to move the catwalk achievement bar.
    Picasso baby!
  • Options
    Thanks.... tapped Pivot twice during Misty's show = Nothing!!

Does yours work?
  • Options
    KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Similar thing happens on my industry achievement , it goes 4% , 8%, 12% and then back to 4% again. What's up with that
  • Options
    RedRoxyRedRoxy Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same here. None of the "achievements" in my game have worked since the update with the "industry" achievement.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I just got 100% on the first level for Catwalk this morning. I was shocked. I've been hitting the pivot and a few others like it more often. So I guess just keep doing it. And I've been playing since July.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    thanks koko.

at least it works for someone, mine never ever moves!
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Wrote a post about it. You need to tap on the "pivot" icon to move the catwalk achievement bar.

Thanks for this- had no idea! LOL.
  • Options
    mimigoodmimigood Registered Users 8 Posts
    My catwalk indicator is stuck too, I always try to switch up which options I'm using.
  • Options
    Rosie99Rosie99 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Did you just start playing the game?

When you see "industry" it has to do with the characters you meet and that help you on gigs.
  • Options

Just completed an 8 Hour Fashion Show... "Pivot" didn't come up once!!
    Yes... I tapped every single possible one... super frustrating :(
  • Options

Seriously... is anyone's working? During the weekend Star Sale I did tons of fashion shows & did another 3 (8hr apiece) shows today. That's a lot of tapping. Saw "pose" come up ONCE.... did not see "Pivot" one single solitary time.

Catwalk meter has not moved... at all.

So lame!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    It took a long time, but I advanced to Catwalk 2 last week, and I just looked and Catwalk 2 is 44% done. Today I did a fashion show, and pivot didn't come up. I can't be the only one who had it move up. It's my iPad game that advanced.

Now, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but lately everytime graceful exit pops up, I click through it. Previously I only usually hit it toward the end. Just checked Catwalk again on that game and it went from 44 - 50 in one 3 hour show this afternoon. Try graceful exit a lot, may help, may not. But it's working for me.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    It took a long time, but I advanced to Catwalk 2 last week, and I just looked and Catwalk 2 is 44% done. Today I did a fashion show, and pivot didn't come up. I can't be the only one who had it move up. It's my iPad game that advanced.

Now, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but lately everytime graceful exit pops up, I click through it. Previously I only usually hit it toward the end. Just checked Catwalk again on that game and it went from 44 - 50 in one 3 hour show this afternoon. Try graceful exit a lot, may help, may not. But it's working for me.

Is it normal that I don't have the catwalk bar?? Strange..
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p
  • Options
    Try graceful exit a lot, may help, may not. But it's working for me.

Thanks koko... I click that one ALL the time... gotta be my game :(
  • Options
    Panda69xPanda69x Registered Users 60 Posts
    So I've been trying FOREVER to scientically deduce the pattern that makes Pivot come up and unfortunately all I've been able to come up with is to AVOID the two options above and below the big star Elegant Stride and whatever the action underneath the star is that takes 5 energy I think, and Graceful Exit. It seems like the pattern sometimes goes spotlight, smile with eyes, face camera, hips forward, shoulders back, perfect posture is in there somewhere but then you know that your close when you get to Pose and Focus because Pivot usually comes right after those. If you do a fashion show less than 3 hours Pivot will almost never come up at all. I've also noticed that even if you get to Pivot and click it sometimes it still doesn't register on your Catwalk meter. It's crazy how long it takes to move up on that thing. If anyone else ever figures out the exact order of what to press and posts it, I will be eternally grateful. Anyway, it would be nice if Glu changed the settings around a little so that other actions could activate the Catwalk meter or at least make so clicking Pivot would raise your score everytime instead of randomly. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    I thought I had Catwalk finished and I don't. I'm stuck on 3 but I don't get too much gigs to work in the runway. So I can't really put my two cents on how that's going.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    Panda69x wrote: »
    So I've been trying FOREVER to scientically deduce the pattern that makes Pivot come up and unfortunately all I've been able to come up with is to AVOID the two options above and below the big star Elegant Stride and whatever the action underneath the star is that takes 5 energy I think, and Graceful Exit. It seems like the pattern sometimes goes spotlight, smile with eyes, face camera, hips forward, shoulders back, perfect posture is in there somewhere but then you know that your close when you get to Pose and Focus because Pivot usually comes right after those. If you do a fashion show less than 3 hours Pivot will almost never come up at all. I've also noticed that even if you get to Pivot and click it sometimes it still doesn't register on your Catwalk meter. It's crazy how long it takes to move up on that thing. If anyone else ever figures out the exact order of what to press and posts it, I will be eternally grateful. Anyway, it would be nice if Glu changed the settings around a little so that other actions could activate the Catwalk meter or at least make so clicking Pivot would raise your score everytime instead of randomly. Just my two cents.

Thanks so much for your reply Panda.

It's truly ridiculous... wish Glu would comment or give some advice.
  • Options
    I really don't have the Catwalk achievement... Don't understand why...
    GC - C1ar0u
  • Options
    It kinda popped up a little while ago... if it makes you feel better, you're not missing anything, it doesn't even move for most ppl... I give up!
  • Options
    Wish wrote: »
    It kinda popped up a little while ago... if it makes you feel better, you're not missing anything, it doesn't even move for most ppl... I give up!

Lol ok ;) I will continue with the other.
    GC - C1ar0u
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    This is the one part of the game that just leaves me uninterested. Constipating little meters! Like we don't already have plenty of meters to look at!

I totally ignore them. If I randomly earn an extra star with one, yay! Happy Surprise! But otherwise, not even on my radar. They aren't clothes, hair, an attractive stranger, or a sexy new car, so... They just don't hold my attention.

Edit: I'm sorry if my comments seemed dismissive of all the thought people have put into the meters. I can't get excited about them personally, but hope I didn't seem snotty about it!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    This is the one part of the game that just leaves me uninterested. Constipating little meters! Like we don't already have plenty of meters to look at!

I totally ignore them. If I randomly earn an extra star with one, yay! Happy Surprise! But otherwise, not even on my radar. They aren't clothes, hair, an attractive stranger, or a sexy new car, so... They just don't hold my attention.

Edit: I'm sorry if my comments seemed dismissive of all the thought people have put into the meters. I can't get excited about them personally, but hope I didn't seem snotty about it!

I would say that its pretty much the same thing for me.. I only have 2 things that are not completed. I watch my stars and that is what I want to look. And the cash! Now that I have the jet It's easy to keep it! I was lucky I received a lot of gift so I can buy other things.
    GC - C1ar0u
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I've had the catwalk achievement for a while and its still on Level 1 90%. It doesn't move for me pretty much ever -- to the point I've given up on that one... focusing on completing the other couple achievements I'm about to be done with! Oh and of course looking marvelous and saving up to buy my house in The Hamptons -- only one I haven't bought yet and I want a pet in New York! They should add a pet to Punta Mita bc I probably wouldn't have bought it knowing everything I know now, I was very impatient when I first started.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    This is the one part of the game that just leaves me uninterested. If I randomly earn an extra star with one, yay! Happy Surprise! But otherwise, not even on my radar. They aren't clothes, hair, an attractive stranger, or a sexy new car, so... They just don't hold my attention.

Not at all :)

I guess for me anyway, the ONLY way I ever earn stars is by completing a level 5 on a meter, maxing out with a contact, leveling up or just out of sheer luck by picking a good gift box (never happens). Honestly... it REALLY sucks that my game has never ever offered videos or offers to earn free stars. I know Bria gets 6 free daily this way. You guys are lucky if that part of your game works. Mine always has the same huge exclamation point saying "there are no offers right now". If I could get free stars in other ways, I wouldn't care either.