Options

Gifting Bug?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
Hi. 2 other players have said that friends gifted them things, that were never received. It happened to me as well. In my case, the sign popped up that X has sent you a gift. Would you like to see it or not now. I said now, and went to the closet but there was nothing new. Then the sign popped up again, this time I said not now or no (forgot exactly what it says) and a star popped out, the same message a few more times, I said no each time, the stars and hearts for the items fell onto my screen, and I went to the closet, still nothing. So about 6 items were purchased by a gc and game friend, but I never received them.

I am willing to bet that they show as unavailable to gift but I don't have them.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    Panda69xPanda69x Registered Users 60 Posts
    Ok, this has been an ongoing issue with me as well. I'm pretty sure my account is haunted or something Lol. Here's a breakdown of the weirdness: Friends send me gifts and sometimes I get a notice but no gifts are in my wardrobe (Like what Kokokokonut described above) and sometimes I don't receive a message at all. I suspect that some of my friends aren't receiving gifts from me either, which really bums me out :( Lastly, I've also noticed that with some friends I have never been able to receive any gifts from them and with other friends it hit or miss. From all the times that I've annoyed Glu Support with tickets here's what I know is NOT the problem: The device I'm playing on, my Wifi connection and my ability to restart my phone. And so the missed gifts continue indefinitely :( BTW I've played forever now and worked my way to the max level so restarting my game is not an option. I do apologize for the long and complainy message, but for anyone else with a related gifting problem I truly sympathize :(
  • Options
    JjewellsJjewells Registered Users 181 Posts
    Same thing has been happening to me for a while now, so you're not alone
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ∴°☆°ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ°☆°∴ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    ..*.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷGC: Jjewells!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.*..
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ∴°☆°ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ°☆°∴ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • Options
    Guess what! Less than an hour after posting this I recieved a gift from a friend! Maybe today is a lucky gifting day :) Hooray!
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Are you all still seeing issues with this even after the new update?
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Are you all still seeing issues with this even after the new update?
    The jury will be out with me for awhile, I'm at max level and most of my friends are a lot lower. For me the gifting glitch has occurred since I started and has always been totally random. As I mentioned in my post above tho, I was able to receive a gift from one of my friends a few days ago, so fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Alrighty- so if you could please email us directly at community@glu.com we'd like to give you some specific instructions so we can troubleshoot.

Please include this thread for reference. Closing thread now.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.