Options

Hi I'm new! Is there a less expensive way to get stars? And other questions..

NyssaNyssa Registered Users 32 Posts
The Stars even the small pack are expensive in the store. I'm finding myself purchasing two or three 50 stars an hour!!! Sometimes I go for the medium pack which worse but at least there's more stars. That energy runs out so quickly when on a date or at a party or doing shoots, etc, etc. I worry now about my credit card limit. I think I'm on level 10. Most of my quests require stars to start them which is annoying because I'm supposed to be cutting down on spending real money in apps for these top-ups.

So is there a less expensive way to get stars? Energy I'll wait for from now on. Trouble is the game is addictive! But with patience I'll make myself wait.

Next question - Are the other celebrity characters in the game NPC's or other players?

Third question - What happens if you add a friend? Do you get bonuses from them or something? None of my friends play this game or would be interested in playing it. If I was to add a friend it would be a fellow player but a stranger to myself.

Last question - I like some of the clothes but I was wondering as the levels go on do we see anything more exotic? Like traditional inspired dress from other countries? Or is all high fashion?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Right now there is a great weekend event - for every 5Star photo shoot, personal appearance, commercial, etc (Not dates or working in the dress boutiques) you get a KStar. How are your quests requiring Stars to begin? That part is confusing me. What is your device? In the Star Shop, there is a tab for Free Stars. You can either watch videos if your device allows, or choose a different offer. The other offers require more time, some are surveys, some are tasks like download and start this game, etc. You have to be able to prove you completed the offers.

But for this weekend, just get all 5 Stars for your jobs, and receive a free K Star. A doll posted that she's taking one hour gigs from Simon, that's good advice.

All the people I play here were strangers. But now I've become friendly with some, and they are no longer strangers. Look in the Friends section, and using either Game Center or Google+ you can hook up with people who play. You get bonus Gold Heart and Gold Star points when you give them a gift, or they give you a gift, BUT....your game improves when you're bringing friends in on gigs and things. I don't know the formula or specifics, but it enhances the game.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    How are your quests requiring Stars to begin? That part is confusing me. What is your device?

I play on iPad. Basically I have the option to wait for Simon to call me or press the call button if I want to do it straight away. So I press call and Simon tells me I'll have to pay so many K-Stars (16 or 26 or more) to start. Then I go to my destination and press a speech bubble to then press start properly this time - a few energy bolts given away but otherwise for free.

I'm guessing now that if you wait so many hours for 'Simon' to call then he'll let you start without the k-stars?

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, my game doesn't have a free k-star offer by watching videos. It just starts with the smallest pack; 50 for £3.99.
  • Options
    Ok, I get it now. You're 'paying' KStars to start early. A lot of people do. But, if you wait till the time is up, you start without paying. As the 'call time' gets nearer, the cost of stars to start early goes down. So, Let's say you get a task that doesn't start for 8 hours. As I wait the 8 hours, Simon calls me with other things to do in the meantime. I learn all the possibilities, then say tell me again and let him repeat them till I pick the one I want. Or, if nothing interests you, you tell him to keep looking.

Those 'ordinary' jobs he calls with start immediately. So I do those while I am waiting for the Scheduled gig to start. Hope this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    mrsarchuleta89mrsarchuleta89 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Nyssa wrote: »
    I play on iPad. Basically I have the option to wait for Simon to call me or press the call button if I want to do it straight away. So I press call and Simon tells me I'll have to pay so many K-Stars (16 or 26 or more) to start. Then I go to my destination and press a speech bubble to then press start properly this time - a few energy bolts given away but otherwise for free.

I'm guessing now that if you wait so many hours for 'Simon' to call then he'll let you start without the k-stars?

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, my game doesn't have a free k-star offer by watching videos. It just starts with the smallest pack; 50 for £3.99.

Yes, with almost every event that you're given, you'll have to wait; if you notice once you get the event, on the left side of your screen it'll say all your events, (i.e., Popglam photo shoot - (available in 7h 50m) *call now*) by clicking call now you're gonna have to use stars to start ahead of time rather than waiting 7h and 50m, or however long BUT then you're able to begin for free (no k-stars). I've never used stars to start a gig ahead of time. If you wait you'll build up enough events that you'll be too busy to want to start them early, but sometimes you do just have to be patient. This is how they make $$$ is by making you wait to build up your energy, wait for events to start, and buy clothing etc., but you just have to be patient. I've never spent $1 on stars and I'm like #89 A list, level 23. I only use stars to buy hair and clothes (that's just my strategy, though). You SHOULD have the option to do surveys or download apps to earn stars for FREE once you've watched all the videos alloted for free stars. It is addicting but you really just learn patience. Also, what's the fun in breezing thru all the events by buying stars to complete them and you'll soon be #1 A list and nothing left to do! Personally I think it's fun to really put time in and work for it :)!

Trying to remember all your questions but in short using Co stars at events can help you finish the event a TAD faster and builds a working relationship with them and in time will earn you rewards, $ energy and k-stars.
    As far as outfits I don't think there's really anything "exotic" as far as representing other countries styles, so I guess I'd say yes, just high fashion. Lots of cute stuff though! I get excited leveling up just to see what new clothes I can purchase. I think Kokokokonut covered most of it but Hope I helped a lil :) ~ K
  • Options
    You did but you helped more than just a lil. You helped allot! :) Thank you! I'm taking you're advice and just spending k-stars on hairstyles and outfits sounds like a good plan. Thank you to Kokokokonut too.

I know I should have free offers, surveys and videos to watch but I don't. Don't get me wrong I am getting pop-up ads for cheaper offers on clothes using k-stars for the game. The other offers are on the k-stars section. But they're on the very expensive price range - they say their free but I'm not going take that risk. Just incase the 'free' statement just means the bag or watch that comes with them.
  • Options
    Hi mrsarchuletta89. You Rock! You are a welcome wealth of infomation.

And on another thread I posted a picture of some holiday costumes that were available at Halloween. The cultural aspect of local garb in the places we visit is great. That should be a bulletpoint in the suggestion thread if it isn't already.

And there is another thread someone started that chronicled most of the special event clothes. They happen very frequently, and you'll no doubt notice every weekend we eagerly anticipate what the Special Events are.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary