Character Names

NyssaNyssa Registered Users 32 Posts
Just curious what name you gave your character. Do you name him/her after yourself or your game center screen name or pick something at random?

I've restarted my game twice. My first character was called Nyssa - she was a golden blonde had a signature colour for dresses and outfits in white and accessories in gold. I gave her a hippy chick hairstyle.

My second character after the first restart (due to giving too much k-stars away) was named Preeti Patil. Preeti is my favourite character in Bollywood's Hum Saath-Saath Hain so that's where I got the name from. Patil particularly that spelling is from Harry Potter. Preeti was medium dark skinned, long black hair and brown eyes. I put her in a colourful floral dress which was super pretty on her and romantic with gold jewellery. During the game I changed her name to Parvati (picked from random Indian names I thought were pretty) and dropped the last name. I don't like people calling her by her full name unless in an introduction. It's just weird.

My third character after second restart (guess why) I named Parvati, no last name.
Prev1345

Comments

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    This is my first time playing so only one character! I considered naming her after myself but I felt it defeated the purpose of role playing :)

I love the tv show Game of Thrones, so I named her Shae Lannister. I thought it sounded pretty and unique. She's a brunette most of the time but I like switching it up often, it's cool to see the media's reaction! "Does she or doesn't she? Only @Shae Lannister's stylist knows for sure!"

I'm going to post pics one day when I am not so lazy! :p
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • NyssaNyssa Registered Users 32 Posts
    Nice. The name Nyssa was the name of an elf in a book by Louise Lawrence.

Nyssa was at level 10 when I decided to restart.
    Preeti was at level 8
    Parvati is at level 6, so I'm still a first player too. E-D lister. Haven't gone any higher than ten yet.
  • LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    First time I played the game I put Gigi. It's my nickname but once they added the ability to change it, I went for Leyshla Gisel. My own name. :D
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    First time I played the game I put Gigi. It's my nickname but once they added the ability to change it, I went for Leyshla Gisel. My own name. :D

I'd thought you were creative and came up with something cool-sounding-- nice that it's your actual name! I'd never heard the name Leyshla before. It has poetry.

My real name is very Anglo-Saxon white, kinda meh, but at least not ugly. I chose Luz for my avatar because it sounds graceful.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    My username is referring to a type of purple. My character's name is currently Ceceilia. I wanted to change it to Ramona Alomarah, because I th it's cool. 😎👍
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'd thought you were creative and came up with something cool-sounding-- nice that it's your actual name! I'd never heard the name Leyshla before. It has poetry.

My real name is very Anglo-Saxon white, kinda meh, but at least not ugly: laura. I chose Luz for my avatar because it sounds graceful.

From what my mom told me, she got it from a Chinese lady that used to work on a game show on tv back in the days. Lol

Dude, your name is awesome though! Now that's unique. Also 'Luz' is graceful definitely, it means Light in Spanish if you didnt know that. You're the light of this forum. Haha!
    Mauve wrote: »
    My username is referring to a type of purple. My character's name is currently Ceceilia. I wanted to change it to Ramona Alomarah, because I th it's cool. 😎👍

That name is pretty though I don't like it much because it sounds like an old lady name. Definitely would be cool for Ramona Alomarah. Keep doing gigs for those stars, that could help you to change it and not lose fans.
  • itsmauroitsmauro Registered Users 100 Posts
    When I first started playing I named my character "Mauro", it's the short for "Mauricio" my real life name. Then I added "Hale Stilinski", yeah I'm a Sterek shipper, if you don't know what Sterek is, it's Derek Hale and Stiles Stilinski from the show Teen Wolf. So, my character's name is "Mauro Hale Stilinski".
  • BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    I just went with my GC name, but left off the "Maria" bit. I like going by just one name - a la Madonna, Cher, etc. [:
    But sometimes I'm kinda "eh" about it. I might change it later, idk.
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
  • JjewellsJjewells Registered Users 181 Posts
    I lost fans (again) to change it to Bijoux (which is my name in French)
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ∴°☆°ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ°☆°∴ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    ..*.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷGC: Jjewells!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.*..
    Jjewells wrote: »
    I lost fans (again) to change it to Bijoux (which is my name in French)

What the heck!?! Trouble in paradise??? Who's this new guy, Jjewells? Jeez, you change your name and FG is in trouble!

What the heck!?! Trouble in paradise??? Who's this new guy, Jjewells? Jeez, you change your name and FG is in trouble!

Lol, still married to FG, but playing the field with Julian :p losing fans is better than using stars. FG understands.
    Lol, still married to FG, but playing the field with Julian :p losing fans is better than using stars. FG understands.

I just can't believe it! :)

FG is one worldly character. Open marriages...

I just can't believe it! :)

FG is one worldly character. Open marriages...

What FG doesn't know....lol! And I'm just playing the field. Nothing more (at this time). Must give the paparazzi something to talk about, right? *giggle*
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Well Jjewells, FG better not get any funny ideas about sniffing around your besties. We'll knock his block off if he wants to spread himself around your Dolls. It's one thing for you to live life to the fullest, it's totally unacceptable if he's the one being all open and stuff. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Well Jjewells, FG better not get any funny ideas about sniffing around your besties. We'll knock his block off if he wants to spread himself around your Dolls. It's one thing for you to live life to the fullest, it's totally unacceptable if he's the one being all open and stuff. ;)

Awww, my Dolls got my back! *hand hugs* *airs kisses*

I doubt he will since he signed that pre-nup...I'm the hot commodity keeping his toast buttered!
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Lol! You know, Mauve has asked if anyone wants to create stories or scripts in the Forum. She should see this conversation: she'd recruit you all in a heartbeat. What tales you must have in your game worlds. . .
    RubyD wrote: »
    Lol! You know, Mauve has asked if anyone wants to create stories or scripts in the Forum. She should see this conversation: she'd recruit you all in a heartbeat. What tales you must have in your game worlds. . .

Oh the tales that would be told! Deceptions, disgraces, lies, backstabbing, beating up Willow and Dirk, sabotage, and dare I say it...?...bumping uglies
    Oh the tales that would be told! Deceptions, disgraces, lies, backstabbing, beating up Willow and Dirk, sabotage, and dare I say it...?...bumping uglies
    Perhaps Glu could get some ideas from you. I'd really like to see more drama in the game, lol.
    RubyD wrote: »
    Perhaps Glu could get some ideas from you. I'd really like to see more drama in the game, lol.

From your mind to glu's ears...I would be satisfied just giving Willow her comeuppance! She's the epitome of a heifer! #WillowWearsRatchetednessWell #DontWasteBrownPaperBagsOnTheSkank
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    My character name is Sassi which is also my real name :)
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • ShesCraftyShesCrafty Registered Users 37 Posts
    I named my girl Juliana just because I think it's a pretty name. I didn't think to give her a last name so I've decided she's just mononymous like Madonna or Cher. :P
    G+ annaemxo(a)gmail.com
    Nyssa wrote: »
    Just curious what name you gave your character. Do you name him/her after yourself or your game center screen name or pick something at random?

I've restarted my game twice. My first character was called Nyssa - she was a golden blonde had a signature colour for dresses and outfits in white and accessories in gold. I gave her a hippy chick hairstyle.

My second character after the first restart (due to giving too much k-stars away) was named Preeti Patil. Preeti is my favourite character in Bollywood's Hum Saath-Saath Hain so that's where I got the name from. Patil particularly that spelling is from Harry Potter. Preeti was medium dark skinned, long black hair and brown eyes. I put her in a colourful floral dress which was super pretty on her and romantic with gold jewellery. During the game I changed her name to Parvati (picked from random Indian names I thought were pretty) and dropped the last name. I don't like people calling her by her full name unless in an introduction. It's just weird.

My third character after second restart (guess why) I named Parvati, no last name.
    I didn't bother to name my Doll as I wasn't sure I would care for this game. Too many free-to-play games become pay-to-play, so I just kept my GC moniker. It suits her anyway since her 1st name is Player. :)
  • TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    I gave my character my real name. I'm kind of embarrassed to say it here, since it's not a typical name, and I don't really like it lol. I'm thinking of changing it to my username, Tami, which I had found out was the name I was close to being given at birth and which I like more lol.
    Tami wrote: »
    I gave my character my real name. I'm kind of embarrassed to say it here, since it's not a typical name, and I don't really like it lol. I'm thinking of changing it to my username, Tami, which I had found out was the name I was close to being given at birth and which I like more lol.

Girl spill those beans!
    Girl spill those beans!

Frank, her name is Frank. I just know it. Am I right?

(If it's not actually Frank, it can't be that bad!)

• C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts

That is so strange. I have you in my Game Center but I don't see you in the game. You're caracter name is Leyshla Gisel?
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p
    C1ar0u wrote: »
    That is so strange. I have you in my Game Center but I don't see you in the game. You're caracter name is Leyshla Gisel?

I noticed that everyone always mentions their character name like it would make a difference when in fact their name doesn't show up in your phone contacts. It'll be their GC name. You won't find no one with their character name, so my character's name is Leyshla Gisel but you'll see me as MamaFapxo
    I noticed that everyone always mentions their character name like it would make a difference when in fact their name doesn't show up in your phone contacts. It'll be their GC name. You won't find no one with their character name, so my character's name is Leyshla Gisel but you'll see me as MamaFapxo

The funny thing is, you often totally disappear from my game: no MamaFapxo, no Daniellrdogs (sp?), nothing! I think you're gone more than you're there! Do you usually play via cellular network, or by Wifi?

The funny thing is, you often totally disappear from my game: no MamaFapxo, no Daniellrdogs (sp?), nothing! I think you're gone more than you're there! Do you usually play via cellular network, or by Wifi?

Haha, who's Daniellrdogs? Wifi, my dear. Maybe that's also why I sometimes see friends going up and down ranks, and their look changes. An admin had mentioned in a thread before it had to do with connection issues.