Two Different Devices?

DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
I play on two different iPods. When I got my new iPod, I realized there was no way I could sync the two. And really, that's not what bothers me. I have the same Game Center friends on both obviously but say someone wanted to gift me something, which iPod would it go to? The newer game? I'm on level 29 on my old one and 18 on the new iPod. I'm playing them both.

Comments

• LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Daphy wrote: »
    I play on two different iPods. When I got my new iPod, I realized there was no way I could sync the two. And really, that's not what bothers me. I have the same Game Center friends on both obviously but say someone wanted to gift me something, which iPod would it go to? The newer game? I'm on level 29 on my old one and 18 on the new iPod. I'm playing them both.

Are you sure you're not able to use ONE account on both devices? They're both iOS. If you want I can help you and send you a gift to see what's the result?

This thread will help you, I'm sure.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    If you're using two different devices, do you have two separate iTunes/gamecenter/iCloud accounts, or just one of each?

If you have two of each account, then you're effectively two people, and must have two separate game names/avatars, etc. So any gifts would go directly to the avatar the gifter was looking at when they pressed the gift button. I have two accounts, with two separate avatars, on two IOS devices. There's no crossover between them. I wanted to have a girl and a guy, which keeps them very separate in my mind!

Are your avatars identical? Do you make changes on one device, and see those changes reflected on the other device? Have you somehow used the exact same GC ID to play a single game, at two different levels, in two individual iPods? I'd have thought the App would force you to keep loading (or writing over) the original game, no matter which IOS device you used, if you only had one iTunes/Apple/GC ID.

I'm probably misunderstanding you! Interesting question.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I've been through this and I'm lost. lol. You say you have the same GC Friends on both games, do you have the same Game Center ID on both games? That is highly discouraged by Glu, they can't guarantee your game progress as you bounce between levels, and something will mess us. (I know this because I had an issue, and they misunderstood and thought I was playing one game, 2 devices). So the first thing to do is check your settings on both devices, if there is any variation, you might just be playing one game on one device and one game on another. So, till gluadmin pops in to help, lets try and narrow down the details.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Daphy wrote: »

So a few of us have several game devices and corresponding accounts and here's what happens... my friend, let's call him "slowjams" appears in my friend list as two different people, both named slowjams. I can actually gift to both of them. If they look exactly the same, it can be hard to remember, but slowjams plays as both a guy and a girl depending on the device.

So just tell your friends to gift you on whatever account you want the thing.
  • SoAmazingSoAmazing Registered Users 1 Posts
    My phone shut down so I had to get a new software update, I'm upset because I lost all my points on this game I had to start all over I'm upset what can I do?
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    What type of phone is it? What platform are you playing with-- iOS, android, Facebook?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19