Free K-Stars....

WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
Hi Everyone... please answer:

Do you watch videos to earn Free K-Stars?
How many free stars per day do you get doing this?
My game perpetually says "NO OFFERS AVAILABLE NOW" with a huge ( ! )

I've been playing the game since November & never ONCE has the "Get Free Stars" in the "Starshop" worked. I sent a ticket in about this weeks ago & get no response. I know I probably sound all whiney, but I don't care anymore. It's truly unfair that some players wrack up over 180+ Stars Monthly (wow) while some of us get absolutely nothing. That's an entirely different & waaaaaay more fun game. So unfair.

Glu can you help?

Thanks.
Prev13

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I really do get six stars every 24 hours. That's why I gift star items sometimes-- I used to be a little rude with people about it because I thought it worked more perfectly for everyone. Now I'm doing penance. I save up and then I share.

Sorry Wish! iOS seems to be King.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    Thanks Luz.

This really freaking sucks.
    Wish wrote: »
    Thanks Luz.

This really freaking sucks.

Join the darkside, Wish! Start a game on the iPad, and we can be friends. Then you can harvest those free stars and buy the car, the jet! You could even create a cute guy; it's so fun to have your own hottie to control... then again, the guys are kinda second-class citizens with clothes updates & rewards. Stick with the girl. But join us, join us!

And it's not even like you'd lose the pets and jet and stuff from the first game. You really could enjoy playing both! I don't have three hands like Koko, but I enjoy having two...

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Join the darkside, Wish! Start a game on the iPad, and we can be friends. Join us, join us!

And it's not even like you'd lose the pets and jet and stuff from the first game. You really could enjoy playing both! I don't have three hands like Koko, but I enjoy having two...

Maybe I will someday... thanks for being so sweet :)

I'm just constantly upset about it. Every time I open a gift box, I get screwed... again. I honestly dread the gift boxes if you can believe it, because it just reinforces the fact that I rarely get any stars. It's so annoying & it seems like "tptb" really do not care. The truly ironic thing of it is, that's why I haven't spent any real money on this game. It's like I'm being <forced> to buy stars... not fair when everyone else, just gets them for free! If I had ever been given the same consideration, I would've blown my $50 gift card (& then some) long ago... lord knows I've given the "Dash" games plenty of my own real money. I just can't justify spending my own cash on principle... if they don't respond or care about my gaming experience.

So is this a universal Android problem... or am I the only lucky one?
    I know you're not the only one. I've read complaints from plenty of others... Maybe it's a problem that's legitimately hard for Glu to work around if they built KKH around Apple specs initially? I shouldn't speculate because I have no clue...

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    It has everything to do with location of the player, and the device. And I don't mean iOS vs Android. iPad gets the videos for stars. About 6 sometimes less per day. My phone android - not available. My 1st Android Tablet game was a polaroid tablet 10" - no videos available. Then when that Tab died I replaced it with a new Samsung Android Tab same size and suddenly the videos were available. So, it's not Glu. Why did a polaroid not get the videos but the same account, same game on a new device does get them. So apparently, whether you get the videos or not depends on a lot more than whether you're ios or Android.

But I do feel the pain for those who don't get them. My phone doesn't and I feel the difference. I just got a 40KStar gift box from the weekend event. Turned around and bought shoes. now my phone has one star again. So I'm in the same boat with that device!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm interested to see what other people's experiences are... hopefully there will be some responses & someone will notice or care. If it's true that tons of other users are getting screwed out of offers as well... that is *really* not a very smart business move... happy players spend their money... just a fact.
    Ahhh, that's very interesting, Koko! Okay, so iOS is generally more likely, but nothing's for certain.

<join us, Wish!>

• bthree06bthree06 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm on a Droid and I get roughly 4 free k stars every 24hrs. I'm sosorry youaren't able to get any. I've met several players in same situation.
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    I play on my iPhone and I've hardly gotten those offers too. I get maybe two every 8-10 days :/
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
    Unfortunately, Wish, with what Koko said, there's no big entity that cares about you spending money on KKH with any power to fix the problem. I bet Glu cares plenty because they do try to give us enticements to keep playing, BUT they can't fix this problem alone, the way Koko describes it. The originators of the different operating systems would have to care about KKH in particular, work with Glu and fix the holes. There's no way they'll care about that... You're falling into a hole between technology businesses, unless I misunderstand Koko...

bthree06 wrote: »
    I'm on a Droid and I get roughly 4 free k stars every 24hrs. I'm sosorry youaren't able to get any. I've met several players in same situation.

Awww thanks... I'm glad you can earn some :)
    Sassi wrote: »
    I play on my iPhone and I've hardly gotten those offers too. I get maybe two every 8-10 days :/

that just sucks! :(
  • KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Do you mean getting the free stars from the free videos , or gift boxes etc in game. If you mean the free videos , I always forget about this , but think few times I watched a max of 4 or 5 on my iPad and got one star per video
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    I hope they fix it soon
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
    Unfortunately, Wish, with what Koko said, there's no big entity that cares about you spending money on KKH with any power to fix the problem. I bet Glu cares plenty because they do try to give us enticements to keep playing, BUT they can't fix this problem alone, the way Koko describes it. The originators of the different operating systems would have to care about KKH in particular, work with Glu and fix the holes. There's no way they'll care about that... You're falling into a hole between technology businesses, unless I misunderstand Koko...

You're probably right... but the players getting screwed over should be compensated in some way, for everything being SO unfair & unbalanced.... I will never spend a dime, unless something changes & I'm sure there are Tons of other silent unhappy (non-paying) customers as well.

Whatever... I'm done venting... as I expected, nothing will change.

At least I finally got a response... thanks for that koko :)
    Kkmia wrote: »
    Do you mean getting the free stars from the free videos , or gift boxes etc in game. If you mean the free videos , I always forget about this , but think few times I watched a max of 4 or 5 on my iPad and got one star per video

Yes, the video offers.
    Some of us never have the option to ever earn stars that way.
  • BriaBria Registered Users 132 Posts
    I earn 6 K-stars every 24hrs from the videos. And then I earn around 4-10 more K-stars from the other offers every 24hrs. Sooo....around 10 a day?
    • GC ID: bria-maria
    • KKH: Bria
  • TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    It has everything to do with location of the player, and the device. And I don't mean iOS vs Android. iPad gets the videos for stars. About 6 sometimes less per day. My phone android - not available. My 1st Android Tablet game was a polaroid tablet 10" - no videos available. Then when that Tab died I replaced it with a new Samsung Android Tab same size and suddenly the videos were available. So, it's not Glu. Why did a polaroid not get the videos but the same account, same game on a new device does get them. So apparently, whether you get the videos or not depends on a lot more than whether you're ios or Android.

But I do feel the pain for those who don't get them. My phone doesn't and I feel the difference. I just got a 40KStar gift box from the weekend event. Turned around and bought shoes. now my phone has one star again. So I'm in the same boat with that device!

In my experience, before this month, it seemed that I was able to watch a video (not from other offers) on my Android phone almost every single time I checked. I got enough so that I was able to get a jet and 3 pets before I was lvl 20. Whereas with my iPod, it was only part of the time. Though I was still able to get a lot of stars on my iPod ofc. For example, even after having 0 stars after buying my jet, with watching videos and doing the star events (I haven't spent money on the game yet), I now have 272 stars after buying the Corgi (and I was off the game for the first 2 weeks of this month). But now, while the iPod situation hasn't changed by that much, I'm no longer able to watch any videos on my phone. It's kind of a bummer tbh :/
    Sometimes my Samsung Tablet gets 2, sometimes 4. If you want to do legit surveys, join Quick Thoughts. They pay you in either Google Play gift cards or itunes gift cards. It's usually 1$ a survey, and when you get 10$ they instantly pop you out a gift card. I've got 30$ in those giftcards loaded into my itunes, so when a sale hits me......I'm ready. ;) In fact I just took another survey this morning, on my way to another gift card. This is NOT the 'surveys' in the other offers. Quick Thoughts was a link in the other offers, so that's how I found them, but just look them up, join them and take surveys. Works for me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Wish wrote: »
    Hi Everyone... please answer:

Do you watch videos to earn Free K-Stars?
    How many free stars per day do you get doing this?
    My game perpetually says "NO OFFERS AVAILABLE NOW" with a huge ( ! )

I've been playing the game since November & never ONCE has the "Get Free Stars" in the "Starshop" worked. I sent a ticket in about this weeks ago & get no response. I know I probably sound all whiney, but I don't care anymore. It's truly unfair that some players wrack up over 180+ Stars Monthly (wow) while some of us get absolutely nothing. That's an entirely different & waaaaaay more fun game. So unfair.

Glu can you help?

Thanks.
    Honey you are not alone. I play on Android, I'm convinced there is a difference. When I go to "Get Free Stars" there are never any videos. When I first started playing on this same device (Samsung Galaxy) in August I was able to get two or three Stars a day, then when they did one of the major updates I never got another video for free stars again. I check all the time but it never works. That's why I hoard them as much as possible. I never buy clothes with them, it would take me months to save up 90 Stars for a dress! I'm jealous of everyone who gets them bc my wardrobe is sooo lame.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
    Breen819 wrote: »
    Honey you are not alone. I play on Android, I'm convinced there is a difference. When I go to "Get Free Stars" there are never any videos. When I first started playing on this same device (Samsung Galaxy) in August I was able to get two or three Stars a day, then when they did one of the major updates I never got another video for free stars again. I check all the time but it never works. That's why I hoard them as much as possible. I never buy clothes with them, it would take me months to save up 90 Stars for a dress! I'm jealous of everyone who gets them bc my wardrobe is sooo lame.

I hear you honey.

Honestly, hearing that ppl have 270 stars stockpiled after buying pets, clothes, jets, etc... for free & others earn 300+ free stars per month... literally makes me wanna scream & stop playing the game. I know, it's just a game & I may be acting like a big baby... but screw it... this is BS.

Very lame!
    Wish, I am sad that my phone can't get Free Stars. My phone has 1Star. I earned the gift box, got 40 stars and immediately spent 40 stars on the gold shoes with the stones in them. but I can't get mad at my phone and I can't be mad at glu or anybody else because my device just can't get it. It may be constrictions on the phone itself. As I said I have an Android tablet that couldn't get the stars. when I bought a different device, I was able to earn stars from watching videos.

This weekend's event is great. Takes no stars or cash, just a little tap tap tappy all around the world of Kardashian. :-) cheer up Glu is always working to make things better. Relax and come to one of my parties they're in Calabasas lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Okay, so please remember that with Android there are hundreds of devices, so not every device will support the tech that's required for the offer walls.

Second, if you're a non-paying player threatening to never pay because you haven't gotten any free stars... can you see how that's not super motivational from a dev standpoint?

Like anything in the game, it's not a matter of "fair" or "unfair." There are some devices that don't support the game at all or don't get certain events or updates. There are other ways to get currency besides watching a limited number of videos (as shared in this thread).

I understand that's it's frustrating, but you've already said you don't pay to play the game. So you're getting entertainment for free already.
    hey wish, have you been able to connect with people and play with friends yet? I'm trying to think of ways to make the game more enjoyable so you focus on that instead of what is currently a technical difficulty. If anyone agrees we love to hear your thoughts.

I will start a thread for that. I don't want to take this thread off topic :-)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    hey wish, have you been able to connect with people and play with friends yet? I'm trying to think of ways to make the game more enjoyable so you focus on that instead of what is currently a technical difficulty. If anyone agrees we love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for your kindness koko...

But, after reading the response above yours... I'm pretty sure my thoughts are not of any importance... since I'm not "paying".... as I explained earlier in the thread... IF the game was set up in a way that supported ALL players, I would be throwing money at the game. Happy players spend money. I've dropped tons of coin on the Diner Dash games which ALL allow me to watch videos for credit in the game. So my device isn't that inconsequential.... I have no issue with spending money, but I do have one with basically being told I don't matter & neither does my opinion, since I'm not paying... wow.
    Wish, I think you're lovely. Please, breathe.

I really don't think Glu Admin meant to say your opinion is worthless. The problem is tough to solve, and fremium players don't pay Glu's bills, so this is a dicey conversation.

You can't enjoy the game, with all it offers, unless your demands are met? Please try to be happy...

gluadmin wrote: »

If you're a non-paying player threatening to never pay because you haven't gotten any free stars... can you see how that's not super motivational from a dev standpoint?

Like anything in the game, it's not a matter of "fair" or "unfair."

I understand that's it's frustrating, but you've already said you don't pay to play the game. So you're getting entertainment for free already.

The motivation should be to make all the perks accessible to everyone... from a dev standpoint. That way, people feel valued, have fun & are motivated to spend money. If all you hear about is all the free stuff everyone else is getting.... why would you want to support that financially?

Btw.... many will disagree, it is unfair... plenty say it here & all over the web.

But, why am I still talking... I don't even matter?
    Here's another thought. We've been complaining for WEEKS since right after the Holidays that we want this, we want that, we don't want to buy stars for the dress, we want to work for the dress, we like it when there are 2 things, ad nauseam. Then here it is, a 2 event weekend.....wait for it......where no one spends a single Star. Gluadmin came in, perhaps anticipating our enthusiasm for a change, and he sees complaints like this. How would you feel?

Perhaps better advice might be, put the free stars issue on the back burner, spend this time enjoying the free event with gorgeous clothes. Sleep on it, and then if you want to voice your complaint, you could contact Customer Care on Monday. But seriously, connect with people and you will vastly enjoy the game. And I want to have you over to a party! You can stand by the puppy. He loves to jump up and down.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Wish, I think you're lovely. Please, breathe.

I really don't think Glu Admin meant to say your opinion is worthless. The problem is tough to solve, and fremium players don't pay Glu's bills, so this is a dicey conversation.

You can't enjoy the game, with all it offers, unless your demands are met? Please try to be happy...

You've all been lovely.

I don't have any demands... just felt like some things could be improved upon... but since I'm not PAYING my feelings mean nothing, which is extremely ironic since I've said over & over... if the perks were available, I would've shelled out plenty of my own cash by now. Hopefully I've helped someone along the way, answered a question or two, or made someone laugh. You're an awesome bunch, but I feel really offended by the way I was addressed when voicing a legitimate concern. Obviously that's not welcome here.

Take care all.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.