Jobs from Friends?

LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
What's the deal with the jobs coming from your GC buddies? I mean, I know with 99% certainty that C1ar0u hasn't actually found a way to invite me on a 1 hr photo shoot in Punta Mita, but it throws me off a little when I accept the gig, and it says "Response Successfully Sent". Whaaaaa.....?

Or, is there actually a function of being further along in the game, that you can invite others for gigs? I've never heard anyone discuss it here... Is C1ar0u actually a fashion editor suddenly?

Is that not the weirdest feeling? When you think you understand the parameters of the game, but then someone seems to be sending their own gigs?

I've just started getting these GC friend gigs, really. Does doing them lead to anything?

Thanks!
Luz GC: LuzVarias
Stellan GC: lgordon19

Prev1

Comments

• RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    This is curious indeed. What level are you? Perhaps there *should* be a more comprehensive FAQ from Glu on these issues. It's a fascinating possibilty, though, if it's not a glitch.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    RubyD wrote: »
    This is curious indeed. What level are you? Perhaps there *should* be a more comprehensive FAQ from Glu on these issues. It's a fascinating possibilty, though, if it's not a glitch.

I'm only level 24. It's like my children DON'T WANT me to be awesome, or something.

Do you get these gigs, RubyD?

And C1ar0u, dear, are you actually sending me work? Seems so unlikely this weekend! I'm trying to earn ANYTHING for my poor, much-neglected male avatar at this event, so no jobs for me...

• TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    I think it's a tablet thing lol. I remember hearing this before http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?119089-Refer-friends-for-work
    Tami wrote: »
    I think it's a tablet thing lol. I remember hearing this before http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?119089-Refer-friends-for-work

Thanks! So this doesn't happen to you, TF?

Nope. But then again, I don't have a lot of GC friends haha xD
    Nope. But then again, I don't have a lot of GC friends haha xD

Ahhh, you're too exclusive for this silliness to pop up.

By the way, I LOVE the name that's associated with your GC account. It's actually the name I gave my pet bunny when I was 5. Well, I didn't actually think to give her your last name, just the first name. It IS a perfect name for a dear, beautiful little rabbit! Sylvia. (No, not really Sylvia)

I notice that you AREN'T a dear, beautiful little rabbit, so you might feel differently about the name.

• C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    What's the deal with the jobs coming from your GC buddies? I mean, I know with 99% certainty that C1ar0u hasn't actually found a way to invite me on a 1 hr photo shoot in Punta Mita, but it throws me off a little when I accept the gig, and it says "Response Successfully Sent". Whaaaaa.....?

Or, is there actually a function of being further along in the game, that you can invite others for gigs? I've never heard anyone discuss it here... Is C1ar0u actually a fashion editor suddenly?

Is that not the weirdest feeling? When you think you understand the limitations of the game, but then someone seems to be sending their own gigs?

I've just started getting these GC friend gigs, really. Does doing them lead to anything?

Thanks!

Wish I could be a fashion editor! I'm glad that you've posted this question. These invitation comes when I speak to someone with blue star. The Avatar ask me if I have a friend to refer for a gig. I can say no or I can give a GC friend's name. If you accept, I have a pop up saying that you did accept. If not, it's says that you didn't. Koko refused and I got the pop up. I had yours that says yes.
    I had this request 2 Times tonight. I can't say more unfortunately.
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p

I play with IOS. Not tablet
    GC - C1ar0u
    C1ar0u wrote: »
    Wish I could be a fashion editor! I'm glad that you've posted this question. These invitation comes when I speak to someone with blue star. The Avatar ask me if I have a friend to refer for a gig. I can say no or I can give a GC friend's name. If you accept, I have a pop up saying that you did accept. If not, it's says that you didn't. Koko refused and I got the pop up. I had yours that says yes.
    I had this request 2 Times tonight. I can't say more unfortunately.

Oh my god-- that's so great!!!! Something totally new from the game! New to me anyway.

Thanks for involving me-- this is so interesting!

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    A few months ago I got this. First someone asked if k wanted a job, they were too busy. I did it and shortly I was asked to refer someone for a jib, and I picked someone from my friends. A different device started the same thing, and this time I said no. And I never heard any more about it!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    C1ar0u: "Speak to someone with a blue star"-- I'm blanking. What do you mean by that? Just that they're a professional contact?

Oh my god-- that's so great!!!! Something totally new from the game! New to me anyway.

Thanks for involving me-- this is so interesting!

You're welcome!! You're one of my best GC friend even if you don't know ;)
    I had this request since I began to play in december. Even when I had no GC friend.
    Am I the only one?
    GC - C1ar0u
    C1ar0u: "Speak to someone with a blue star"-- I'm blanking. What do you mean by that? Just that they're a professional contact?

Yes!! Sorry about that. English is my second language.. Missing some words a lot of times!
    GC - C1ar0u
    Ahhh, you're too exclusive for this silliness to pop up.

By the way, I LOVE the name that's associated with your GC account. It's actually the name I gave my pet bunny when I was 5. Well, I didn't actually think to give her your last name, just the first name. It IS a perfect name for a dear, beautiful little rabbit! Sylvia. (No, not really Sylvia)

I notice that you AREN'T a dear, beautiful little rabbit, so you might feel differently about the name.

Thank you lol. This is the first time I've heard of sharing a name with a pet xD And it's okay, I don't mind my name that much :)
    C1ar0u wrote: »
    You're welcome!! You're one of my best GC friend even if you don't know ;)
    I had this request since I began to play in december. Even when I had no GC friend.
    Am I the only one?

You're so sweet! You're at a lot of my jobs and parties, too! And I think your English is great! Certainly better than my French. You should see the looks of horror when I cross the border from Vermont into Canada and try to order a sandwhich... It'd be less ridiculous if I gave my order by playing charades! ;p

Thank you lol. This is the first time I've heard of sharing a name with a pet xD And it's okay, I don't mind my name that much :)

It's funny, but we named my older daughter a name which is apparently EVERYONE'S dog's name, and everyone's been telling me that since she was born. When they say it, it's like, "that's a dog's name"-- and then they look at me and wait, as though that might make me re-name my child! But at this point, she's a few years old, so, I guess we'll stick with it...

• RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    I'm only level 24. It's like my children DON'T WANT me to be awesome, or something.

Do you get these gigs, RubyD?

And C1a0u, dear, are you actually sending me work? Seems so unlikely this weekend! I'm trying to earn ANYTHING for my poor, much-neglected male avatar at this event, so no jobs for me...
    No, I've never gotten one of these quests, but I want some. I'm not even level 16, but with all this partying, I'll get there soon. *Only* level 24, hmmph! :)
    RubyD wrote: »
    No, I've never gotten one of these quests, but I want some. I'm not even level 16, but with all this partying, I'll get there soon. *Only* level 24, hmmph! :)

Sometimes, everyone I chat with here seems to be level 29 and max fans! I feel like a bit of a slacker, though I don't mind that there's always something waiting for me to do...

Sometimes, everyone I chat with here seems to be level 29 and max fans! I feel like a bit of a slacker, though I don't mind that there's always something waiting for me to do...

Exactly! I'm level 26 and I'm glad to know that there's other gig coming. I'm not stuck lol
    GC - C1ar0u
    It's funny, but we named my older daughter a name which is apparently EVERYONE'S dog's name, and everyone's been telling me that since she was born. When they say it, it's like, "that's a dog's name"-- and then they look at me and wait, as though that might make me re-name my child! But at this point, she's a few years old, so, I guess we'll stick with it...

I didn't know that either lol. But that's a pretty name, dogs shouldn't have a hold on it xD
    Thanks for the gift, Tami! Stellan's a little less neglected, now!

You're welcome. Good luck with finishing the event :)
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts

Yup. That would be me. A third of the way thru level 29. It usually takes me a few weeks, even a month to level up, depending on what's going on. But with all my pets and tapping them 3 times a day, it def helps move the experience bar along (I wish it told us numerically how much exp. we had) and helps the virtual bank account!
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
    Wow, so last night I did the job that C1a0ru sent me. It was only one hour, super easy, took two minutes. And i just saw that I received more than 800k fans for it! That seems like really a great deal!

If any of your friends sends you a job, do it! They might be especially valuable...

Wow, so last night I did the job that C1a0ru sent me. It was only one hour, super easy, took two minutes. And i just saw that I received more than 800k fans for it! That seems like really a great deal!

If any of your friends sends you a job, do it! They might be especially valuable...

I referred a friend for a gig but it said referral failed. So I'm assuming they were not online or unable to do the gig at the time! I only get asked to refer a friend once in a blue moon!

Breen819 wrote: »
    I referred a friend for a gig but it said referral failed. So I'm assuming they were not online or unable to do the gig at the time! I only get asked to refer a friend once in a blue moon!

I was about to say I'd switch jobs with you in the future, but then I remembered you're not GC! D A M N these platforms between us! At least we'll always have the Glu forum.

I was about to say I'd switch jobs with you in the future, but then I remembered you're not GC! D A M N these platforms between us! At least we'll always have the Glu forum.

Tell me about it! I think the same thing. Maybe one day they're will be away to add other friends. Till then I'm glad I found this happy place. This IS my social life right now. That and my dog. Oh yeah and a boyfriend.

Yeahh glad to ear that!! I will send you other gig ;) I'm at Max level with you in business now.
    GC - C1ar0u
    Well, don't forget me! I tend to have you to parties-- not so much gigs-- since I gifted you, and my game now says you're strictly for romance... Ooh la la, C1a0ru! So I saw you a ton this weekend!

I accidentally removed all of the professional credit for my male avatar, within the Luz game, because I wanted to see his outfit more clearly (his iPod home screen is pathetic) so I called him up at a date spot. I wasn't going to start a date with him, just have him sit there next to her. Still, the game cleared his professional bar. So, I'm using him again for work.

Honestly, I don't really get the whole 'level' business. I mean, if you're maxed out, you still get all of the credit available. So, you might as well continue to use the friends you like, even if they're maxed out, right? But everyone encourages you to move onto to a new friend once you've maxed out. Don't understand...

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I believe Samurai said everything is always being counted. I play with Maxed out people just means Besties to me. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary