Options

phone problems and transfering game.

AndreaxxAndreaxx Registered Users 26 Posts
My phone is doing this blue screen and reboot cycle and won't turn on. I tried putting it in recovery mode to update or restore, but the loading stops and my screen turns blue. I either need to get a new phone or they are going to have to restore it. Anyways, I tried saving or transferring with tinyumbrella, but my phone won't get recognized. I don't want to lose my progress, waste all the time I spent trying to get stars, and trying to finish limited events for prizes(sometimes my prizes end up disappearing since the halloween event.) I also don't want the stars in items people have gifted me to be wasted. Is there a way to get my game back with my game id?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Are you iOs or android? Hopefully you are set to update and save to the cloud for Apple or Google. Read the thread about saving your game, and transferring to a different device. Darn, I can't paste a link from this device. And my laptop is undergoing maintenance.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh no! That sounds like a right pain! Sadly the game is not saved to servers. It is saved locally to your device. Customer Support use that Game ID to look into your game when requested via customer support ticket. But don't fret, there are some things you can do depending on what device you play on as Kokokokonut said :o

There's a few things you can try:

The first being if you play via Google Play you can follow the steps in the What is the Best Path for Changing Devices post.

You can also try making a copy of you game files via iFunbox. You can follow the steps stated in the Best way to Save/Transfer your Game

Also if you play on apple device you can backup your device to itunes by connecting it to your computer. You can also back it up to icloud but I would recommend doing both as iCloud is not always 100% reliable. For a full walkthrough click here

Edit: Posting links on Koko's behalf :D
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Thank you so much, good luck. It's scary, but I switched from an old Ipad to new ipad, and later an old android table to a new adroind tablet without losing an earring. I followed the links Samurai has listed.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AndreaxxAndreaxx Registered Users 26 Posts
    Oh no! That sounds like a right pain! Sadly the game is not saved to servers. It is saved locally to your device. Customer Support use that Game ID to look into your game when requested via customer support ticket. But don't fret, there are some things you can do depending on what device you play on as Kokokokonut said :o

There's a few things you can try:

The first being if you play via Google Play you can follow the steps in the What is the Best Path for Changing Devices post.

You can also try making a copy of you game files via iFunbox. You can follow the steps stated in the Best way to Save/Transfer your Game

Also if you play on apple device you can backup your device to itunes by connecting it to your computer. You can also back it up to icloud but I would recommend doing both as iCloud is not always 100% reliable. For a full walkthrough click here

Edit: Posting links on Koko's behalf :D

I'm meant the ifunbox. I can't save/transfer my game with it because my phone isn't getting recognized on it. It won't even get recognized on itunes. I put it into recovery mode, but when i try to update it, it does a blue screen and crashes. It's now stuck in the recovery mode. I just got back from the apple store, they tried to restore(didn't work), and said I needed a new phone completely.
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh gawddd! The only thing you can do is on your new apple device log in to itunes, icloud and GC with the same account you have on your broken device. You can restore data from icloud by doing this. The link shared in my previous comment shows how to do this.

I have my fingers & toes crossed for you & hope you get back to playing real soon.