Options

Weekend photoshoot

bthree06bthree06 Registered Users 5 Posts
Hey guys I could of sworn it said we would get 30 points for completing with 5 stars... I'm a lil disappointed though. I received one free talking to the friend but when I completed I only received 22 stars!!! Has this happened to anyone else? did I read it wrong?

oh yeah mission is 3hrs which is great but you still have I wanna say 24hrs till video shoot. good luck everyone!

Comments

• Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    The first Penthouse Livin' gig at PopGlam you should have earned 22 of the event points. The second part which is at Mirimont Pictures in Hollywood, you should have earned 30 of the event points. You have to wait 24 hours for it which sucks -.-

But once you have completed it within the time frame with 5-star rating you should win another exclusive item of clothing - the Brown Dress :3
  • Options
    wensiewensie Registered Users 62 Posts
    May I know is it a 3 or 8 hours gig for the second part task to win the dress??
  • Options
    dedagsdedags Registered Users 66 Posts
    wensie wrote: »
    May I know is it a 3 or 8 hours gig for the second part task to win the dress??
    i need to know that too!! one of the ppl in my friends list has the brown dress already. don't even want to know how many stars they had to spend to call simon so ahead of time! unfortunately i don't know what's their g+ account so i can't ask them how long the 2nd gig is. i rly bet it's 8 hours though
  • Options
    Crystalici0us1Crystalici0us1 Registered Users 66 Posts
    What really makes me mad about this, is that it's 24 hours until we can do the video. But the event is over in 24 hours! So by the time Simon calls to say head to the video shoot, the event will be over and I won't be able to get the dress! I don't have any stars on my android game to spend on having Simon call me to do it early, not that I am willing to spend them anyway, I don't think I should have to! This is the SECOND time this happened, it happened last weekend too! What is the point if they're making it almost impossible to get it done before the event is over?! I think they need to fix this problem! It's almost as if it's done on purpose so we have to spend hard earned kstars to be able to get the dress! Ugh
  • Options
    TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    It actually depends on when you went on the game and got the quest. For me, I'll be able to do the quest in 12 hrs. But I understand your frustration :/ I've had problems with other timed quests in the past myself. If it hasn't already been suggested, maybe you can add this to the suggestions thread.
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    The second $Money Penthouse Livin shoot at Mirimount Pictures is 8 hours o.O
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    D A M N you, Penthouse Livin'! You don't get to bring a friend along on the second gig! Boo.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh, I hate that. Those hourly poses together make the 8 hour long ones go by faster. Thanks for posting that. The only surprises I like are the good ones. My three games, all finished the outfits this morning, and the videos start in 4 hours.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Koko! I'm so glad to see you're still alive! :)

• Options
    Yeah, waiting for the last leg of the event. I feel for those who don't start the timer soon enough. I guess as long as they gave time constraints, players just really have to check in starting Thursday. Thursday the timer went up, counting down to the beginning of the event, and once the event starts, the time clicks down the remaining time. So if you don'the start your personal clock in the game on time, no one can really help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I saw the thing for it on Thursday. I am on both of my games a million times a day. I guess I won't be able to win either of the dresses. I really want the white one, but no way I'll be able to get enough of those purple stars in time. And I won't be able to finish the video before the event is over. :/
  • Options
    Unfortunately not everyone will do enough parties to win the items. Some peoples lifestyles don't let them do the work events. I feel bad but other than giving you a place to vent, there's nothing Glu can do about that.

Not trying to be flip at all, but if you knew the event was coming, what were you doing instead of throwing parties in the game? We're you taking jobs from Simon? I just keep telling him no, and went on a looooooooooong weekend of parties. Maybe we can help you plan better for next time. I didn't realize I could tell Simon no repeatedly with no consequences for a long time. That makes all the difference in the world.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    The weekend events are so exciting BECAUSE of the challenge. My ritual is to check in in Thursday night and look for timer teasers, like you said, Koko! If you want to wring every last bit of prizes out of the grinding events you have to pay something:
    A) pay good attention to timing, starting pretty early and re-starting the wait intervals soon after they're ready;
    B) pay good money to catch up! Not doing that, myself.

The trickiness is the fun part, like a puzzle... Well, maybe the beautiful dresses are the fun part. But I like the element of danger.

And like Koko said, you can totally ignore your other jobs for as long as you like! (Except for the rare timed thingies).

• Options
    I'm 4 stars into my video gig on the first device. That dress us practically on me already!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Kinda off topic and probably posted somewhere on this site but I'm going to ask anyways... I will be rewarding myself this week for all my hard work. Finally going to get a Star package to get rid of the ads. Since I have a bad habit of somehow trying to purchase Stars accidentally in my pocket... thankfully the credit card attached is expired so it doesn't go thru, but to prohibit myself from accidentally charging a $100 package... do I just buy a Google Play Gift Card (obv I have Android). Basically, I'm just asking if the Google Play GC is good for the in app purchases or only for buying apps from the Play Store... I hope I'm making sense. And sorry if this is already discussed somewhere! I need some cute K Star clothes and unfortunately nobody seems to gift me them. Haha. Yes I'm being greedy. Sorry not sorry. Love you all.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    Yes, I do believe that the gift card will work. I received a $20 Google Play credit when I bought my Chromecast last month. I just tested buying the $4.99 star pack, and it shows my balance. So I'm sure it'll work :)
  • Options
    Well, I have paid the last 8 kstars I had on my android game to start the video early. I will probably win the dress since I have been traveling everywhere doing the "tap dance" as Koko would say.. ;) I have spent all weekend throwing parties on the ipad game, only taking a break to do the photo shoot for $Money's video promo.. but unfortunately have only earned enough to get the earrings (with the ipad it's hard for me to be able to get on as much as I would like because my daughter thinks it is her ipad and doesn't like when anyone else plays with it, so I literally have to sneak to use it lol). I was hoping I would be able to at least make it to the shoes but I don't think that's going to happen. I know you're right, Koko, it's just kind of frustrating ya know, since this isn't the first event this has happened to me on. Oh well, hopefully the next event will work out better..
  • Options
    I can see how having to share the tablet would throw everything off. Make your daughter play the game as your representative! (Kinda kidding, but my older daughter likes to advise on fashion sometimes.)

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you.

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I can see how having to share the tablet would throw everything off. Make your daughter play the game as your representative! (Kinda kidding, but my older daughter likes to advise on fashion sometimes.)

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you.

Lol she's only 2, so she can't play this game, haha. She likes to watch videos on youtube.
  • Options
    YES. Teach her to tap for you. Lol. The key is to start as soon after the event goes live as possible. That makes time work for you, not against you. And I'm just cray cray
    I get up in the middle of the night to start my clock. Go back to bed, when you get up you are that much closer to when you can start your tapdance.

This time I did NOT get up, and so when I started 8 hours later I felt like I was a day behind.

You can do it! You can do it. My fingers are crossed for you and everyone against the clock!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lol she's only 2, so she can't play this game, haha. She likes to watch videos on youtube.

That's so funny! I have toddlers too. They're WAY into PBS.org, Youtube, etc. I had to enact number locks on my iPod Touch and the iPad, or the two little bullies would do just as yours does! Since they can't make my stuff do anything, they move on to Daddy's work-issued iPad. I think he's not allowed to password-lock his. And he's such a soft-touch. A patient daddy.

Still, like I say, I enjoy letting my big girl "make the lady", as she calls it. She loves the bob cuts, the pink clothes, the biggest jewelry. I have a guy avatar too, and she's completely uninterested in him, of course. So I'm squinting away at my iPod touch while she's living the life, making crazy stuff happen to my girl doll, in the lap of luxury. Kids!

• Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Tami wrote: »
    Yes, I do believe that the gift card will work. I received a $20 Google Play credit when I bought my Chromecast last month. I just tested buying the $4.99 star pack, and it shows my balance. So I'm sure it'll work :)
    Breen819, Tami is 100% correct. Gift card balances will be applied *before* Google Play uses your credit card (same for Apple and the iTunes store, and Amazon with Kindle). I buy gift cards so I can manage my in-app purchases spending. I buy whatever amount I wish to spend each month and don't go beyond that amount unless and until I add more gift cards. No unpleasant surprises on my credit card statements that way, lol.
  • Options
    I completed the video shoot & got the dress from that lol. Now I'm working on a party to get the earrings for my android chick. I really, really wanted that white dress but there's not enough time.. I didn't know it was okay to put off allmy.other gigs to party it up all weekend, or I would probably have the white dress by now... sigh... I will admire it from afar I guess. And next weekend I'm really going to step up so I can win all the available prizes, lol. Unless its one of those "spend X amount of kstars for this prize".. I usually watch the videos for free kstars. I am on disability (was hit by a truck out front of my house about 6 years ago and suffer from severe chronic pain). Get paid once a month. I usually have about $10 left on my card that I usually use to buy a kstar package, and try to save them. Never works out, which is why I only had 8 today and now they are gone lol. About my daughter. It's her Daddy's ipad, he gave it to her to play with one day, and ever since she thinks its hers. She has to know where it is at all times or she throws a tantrum.. if she sees anyone else playing with it, she throws a tantrum, even if she isnt playing with it at that time. Life as a Mommy of a toddler. Lol
  • Options
    AWW, I remember that time with my son. I'm so sorry about that accident. I in a similar boat, so I do feel your pain. But it has to so much harder with such a little one.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AWW, I remember that time with my son. I'm so sorry about that accident. I in a similar boat, so I do feel your pain. But it has to so much harder with such a little one.

It's been so long, I've learned to live with it. It is really hard with a toddler, as if having a toddler isn't hard enough ya know. I was going to pain management, but I just recently stopped going because I had been on the same med for so long it wasn't working anymore. I just deal with it as best I can now. :)
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    If you want to wring every last bit of prizes out of the grinding events you have to pay something:
    A) pay good attention to timing, starting pretty early and re-starting the wait intervals soon after they're ready;
    B) pay good money to catch up! Not doing that, myself.

This is well put. ;)
  • Options
    RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    Unfortunately not everyone will do enough parties to win the items. Some peoples lifestyles don't let them do the work events. I feel bad but other than giving you a place to vent, there's nothing Glu can do about that.

Not trying to be flip at all, but if you knew the event was coming, what were you doing instead of throwing parties in the game? We're you taking jobs from Simon? I just keep telling him no, and went on a looooooooooong weekend of parties. Maybe we can help you plan better for next time. I didn't realize I could tell Simon no repeatedly with no consequences for a long time. That makes all the difference in the world.

I tried my hardest but failed lol. I thought we would get the whole day of Sunday, but it seemed we didn't and it really messed me up. Especially moving to the west coast this month and starting school in Cali. Before this, I had time to finish but not anymore with lots of things going on between classes, clubs, and group projects lol.
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
  • Options
    Congratulations on doing great stuff in your actual life, though! So happy for you, RawryRawr! :cool: