Kidnappings!

LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
Last night, Koko called me in the game, and demanded 10kstars not to break up with me. We aren't dating, never have, so I was startled and refused to pay. The closest I've come to dating Koko is calling her up at date spots to hear what she says. (She writes funny greetings). But I'm always careful to cancel the date, and I haven't even done that in several days; I've never been told that I had an (accidental) bad date with her, or anything. And of course, she won't do anything with me anymore.

Then just now, another friend of mine called to demand the Kstars, or a breakup. Another one gone! I don't personally know this friend, and never thought to call or date them! I'm being extorted!

Please tell me the update might fix this! I want Koko back, so I'm maybe gonna pay the ransom, but I can't afford to buy all of my friends back...

I'm playing with iOS on an iPad mini.
Luz GC: LuzVarias
Stellan GC: lgordon19

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, I thought it was a fluke when C1ar0u called me up, insulted me and dumped me. I had only worked with her once, and thought it came out of the blue. Maybe we can get this taken care of, because I had never heard anyone complain about it, so I thought it must have been something I did And now it costs a lot more than 10Stars to get them back. If it's is a new glitch, (which I'm thinking it is) you know we'll get it fixed. I'll still call you in to work and play till that happens.

Has this suddenly happened to anyone else? A friend calling, breaking up with you out of the blue. Luz, did I insult you or just break up nicely? I was told with an attitude like mine I'd never get anywhere professionally and to never ever call her again. And please hang on, don't pay the ransom yet. I'm pretty sly and just might wiggle out of the ties that bind me, kick the kidnappers butts and come marching back with their heads on sticks. (Wow, that was a little fierce for so early in the morning. I'll go have some Vanilla Caramel coffee. I'll be nicer then. heh heh heh)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Yeah, that really doesn't sound like C1ar0u, either!

Neither you nor the other friend really insulted me, you just said the whole breakup schpiel, "I thought we had a good thing going, but too bad..." (paraphrased)

Alright, I'll wait for you to escape on your own. I guess we really shouldn't negotiate with terrorists, as a policy. Still, it's obnoxious to know that one of your echoes doesn't like me right now! :rolleyes:

• LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    Hmm that is pretty strange, luckily it's never happened to me but hopefully the new update will sort it out.
    Game Centre: +Lya+
    Don't believe the garbage the kidnappers are telling you. I'm no Patty Hearst lol. (I'm her cult following of 1. Anyone who can go from heiress to victim to militant to John Waters Film Ensemble Member has to have a screw loose) I'm not drinking their koolaid. I know you want me back. lol.

Anyway BTT, my forced breakup was different. Has anyone ever been dumped by someone you call in to professional gigs? The romantic break up is just as Luz posted ...'thought we had something special, guess I was wrong......' but the professional dump is sounding more like a woman dumped to be honest. Talk about Nasty! 'You'll never get anywhere in this business with an attitude like yours.........' so.....anyone else get these UNWARRANTED breakups? Not the kind you know you were the cause of. But out of the blue prof or romantic dumpings.......we want to hear about hem. (Oh my, I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here.)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Last night, Koko called me in the game, and demanded 10kstars not to break up with me. We aren't dating, never have, so I was startled and refused to pay. The closest I've come to dating Koko is calling her up at date spots to hear what she says. (She writes funny greetings). But I'm always careful to cancel the date, and I haven't even done that in several days; I've never been told that I had an (accidental) bad date with her, or anything. And of course, she won't do anything with me anymore.

Then just now, another friend of mine called to demand the Kstars, or a breakup. Another one gone! I don't personally know this friend, and never thought to call or date them! I'm being extorted!

Please tell me the update might fix this! I want Koko back, so I'm maybe gonna pay the ransom, but I can't afford to buy all of my friends back...

I'm playing with iOS on an iPad mini.

Once the update is live, please let us know if you see this again.
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Once the update is live, please let us know if you see this again.

Silly question-- do you think there's much chance that my lost friends will be restored on their own?

• GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Silly question-- do you think there's much chance that my lost friends will be restored on their own?

I don't know as this seems like a strange bug.
    I hope so. I'd love to restore a few that were unfairly grabbed from me.

Amnesty friends day. One day where we could restore or change relationships. That would be wonderful. I dated someone.
    Let me switch them to working contacts because the chemistry just wasn't there besides I'm married.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    That is so strange.. I was a so sassy with you but I was able to refer you for a job. Ok you said no but you can see that I wasn't mad at you lol
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p
    Wait, you sent me an invitation and I turned it down? When was this? Only thing I ever turned down was a 'did I know someone to refer'. This Glitch gets wilder and wilder. OMG. It must have been Willow saying that to me. That Witch. But don't worry, we'll get it cleared up.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    Yes on Jan 31st. Someone asked me if I had a friend to refer for a gig and I said you. I received a pop up saying that you didn't accept the job.
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    C1ar0u wrote: »
    Yes on Jan 31st. Someone asked me if I had a friend to refer for a gig and I said you. I received a pop up saying that you didn't accept the job.

Same thing for me too. I referred Koko and it said you didn't accept. Hmm..
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Hmmm I just realized all my Google + friends are gone. They were there an hour ago... I had like 60 of them and now there's only 4! What is going on.... where is every one disappearing too!?
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
    I've seen a bunch of friends disappear off my list, and then after a few bit, they come back. Someone posted that it happened to them, and then suddenly the friends were all back. Let us know Breen.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh my GOD! Koko, you just called and dumped Luz AGAIN, out of nowhere!!

We weren't dating or working together, or anything. Ridiculous!

I hate to say it, but I doubt I'll buy you back again. That's such a rip-off!!!

If my other friends begin to leave, too, I'll just quit the game-- it will just be too annoying to ignore. What the heck?!

Edit: and no, I was too sleepy to get a screenshot.

Follow up note: I'm sorry, I realized how Veruca Salt my last email sounded: "If I don't get my way, I'm leaving!" <Veruca Salt from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, not the musical group>.

But I just know the fun of this game will be killed for me if my friends all become unusable. And if you regularly have to pay 10+ Kstars to play with them again, they're unusable. The social aspect of KKH is the best part, for me.

Has this been happening to anyone else? My only thought is that I DID pay to get Koko back 6 days ago, on 2/18/15, in order to check out the new greeting she wrote. I summoned her as a date at The Brew Palms, saw her message, and then carefully canceled the date to avoid any type of breakup issue. So, I really don't think I caused this. And I haven't had anything to do with her since then. That's a long time ago for her to just be breaking up with me now, even if I HAD accidentally accepted the date with her! And I never got a message saying that the date had ended, with me needing to do a better job in the future. It really looks like a recurring glitch.

I'm bummed at the implications of this recurring error. If I'm right, my other friends will begin to dump me over the next few days.

Koko, if you want to drag my whining post off to the "KKH Support & FAQ" forum, i won't be offended. Sorry about this.

When the next friend dumps me, I'll catch a screenshot and submit the ticket to Glu.

C1ar0u wrote: »
    That is so strange.. I was a so sassy with you but I was able to refer you for a job. Ok you said no but you can see that I wasn't mad at you lol

Hi Doll. I kept my word. I checked, your ransom dropped in price, down to 28 instead of 41, so guess what....We're back in business. So, the first thing I did, was do a quick photoshoot with you. ;) Ok, let's play now Doll. I keep my promises. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    Breen819 wrote: »
    Hmmm I just realized all my Google + friends are gone. They were there an hour ago... I had like 60 of them and now there's only 4! What is going on.... where is every one disappearing too!?

Oh no!! Is it fixed now?
  • ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Wish wrote: »
    Oh no!! Is it fixed now?

They're all visiting me, Wish. Yep in Invisible land. Ahhh it's such a nice place. I plan on *cough* releasing *cough* them when I finally am able to leave Invisible Land too :D
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts

Has this suddenly happened to anyone else? A friend calling, breaking up with you out of the blue.

Yes, an NPC, before I added friends who are players...

I did not pay the demand. I was irked that the game chose to do that to me. :p

Edit: Yikes, yesterday I had noticed that a few friends were missing from my list...or more than a few. I hope "I" did not phone and try to shake them down for 10 K stars. *weeps*